Spider-Man joins X-Men???

yojoebro82

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php/index.php?catid=99&itemid=13008

Even if Wolvie on the Avengers means even MORE overexposure for the most overused character in comics history, at least you can try to justify it by saying the Avengers have a representative from all corners of the Marvel U on the team.

Spider-Man is...uuummmm...NOT A MUTANT!

Having non-mutants in the X-books is nothing new. Excalibur was considered an X-book, and Captain Britain is not a mutant either. Spidey is just an affiliation here, not likely to become a permanent member.

Besides, Spider-man has had a long history of appearances and liaisons with the X-men, so I see nothing wrong with this.

i agree with arrow

what arrow said

eh, I'm not digging it, but will admit we aren't seeing the finished product here. I actually think Spidy makes more sense here than with the Avengers. Spidy used to always be hated by J.J.J and the x-men are usually hated, good fit right? But I don't like the going back and forth etc.

What really bothers me is Mageneto on the team. Hasn't that been done? Heck even the 90's toon series ended with him on the team did it not? Villians that swing so wildly all over the spectrum are unbelievable.

Well with the current state of the mutant-verse, with there being so few, it would KINDA make sense for ALL mutants to band together, even Magneto.

Spidey and the X-Men do NOT have a rich history, despite what ARROW said. I have a lot of Uncanny comics, almost all, I can think of ONE issue where Spidey appeared. There might be one, maybe two 4 issue mini series' that have made it out over the years....nothing that shook the Marvel U to its core.

I WILL wait to read what happens of course. This may all be for nothing but in case you haven't noticed, the toy ailes look like a waste land nowadays. This is all I have to talk about!

Well with the current state of the mutant-verse, with there being so few, it would KINDA make sense for ALL mutants to band together, even Magneto.

Spidey and the X-Men do NOT have a rich history, despite what ARROW said. I have a lot of Uncanny comics, almost all, I can think of ONE issue where Spidey appeared. There might be one, maybe two 4 issue mini series' that have made it out over the years....nothing that shook the Marvel U to its core.

I WILL wait to read what happens of course. This may all be for nothing but in case you haven't noticed, the toy ailes look like a waste land nowadays. This is all I have to talk about!

just because it didnt happen in uncanny doesnt mean it didnt happen......xmen and spiderman have tons of crossovers....both in 616 and ultimates realities. hell at one time jjj even hired xfactor (which prtended to be a group of mutant hunters, to find new mutants) to go after spiderman cuz he could be a mutant. one of the best known spidey stories involves the juggernaut. you say u have read the uncanny line....well im assuming that uve read teh inferno storyline?....well that storyline has like 3-4 crossover issues into amazing, web and sensational spiderman comics too.

rev: as far as magneto yeah hes played both sides...but now that there are only like 150 +/- mutants left in the world they ban together....also they always referranced magneto/xavier as malcom x/ MLK....so would you consider malcom x a "bad" guy cuz his POV are diffrent than MLK in the way of how to achieve their goals?

Maybe you should look at titles like Amazing Spiderman, or Marvel Team-up then, because the characters do mingle, and have been doing so since the mid 1970's.

Waaahhh!!! Wolverine is still on the team, too? Man, that also has "been done" already. I hate when they have X-men on the team. I hate when they have villains on the team. I hate when they try and put new people on the team. Marvel is doodoo faces!!! @grumpy@

"Children of the atom, students of Charles Xavier, MUTANTS--feared and hated by the world they have sworn to protect. These are the STRANGEST heroes of all!"

I got a question for ya: Alpha Flight--they are considered an X-team by association, right? They've appeared in X-books plenty of times--they are considered a spin-off of the X-men.

But guess what?

Their classic team only has two mutants on it--the rest are NOT mutants!.

Guardian--human in a super-suit

Vindicator--human in a super-suit

Sasquatch-- gamma-irradiated human (mutate)

Shaman-- human mystic

Snowbird--half-breed demi-goddess

Puck- human

Marrina--alien

Northstar--mutant

Aurora--mutant

If you want to complain about Spider-man appearing with the X-men, then why not Alpha Flight too? Cross-pollination in comics is going to happen. Accept it, deal with it. Its what makes stories interesting.

r u guys serious...spiderman in an x book....is nothing new and not a big deal.

to add to arrow....this is the new alpha flight

Omega%20Flight.jpg

us agent is on it...might as well be cap

Omega%20Flight.jpg

What a random hodge podge of characters!

Have they abandoned the Canadian identity of this team? Is Alpha Flight now an assemblage of the lesser versions of better heroes like Captain America, Thor, and Spider Woman? How did War Machine not get invited?

If you want to complain about Spider-man appearing with the X-men, then why not Alpha Flight too?

I personally never considered Alpha Flight an X-team. The Avengers have also crossed over with X-Men AND have had mutants on the team (Beast, Firestar, Wolvie) and no one would call them an X-team.

I'm not complaining about Spidey being on X-Men, I'm debating.

Instead of talking about a overexposed character in a overexposed title

try reading something good like Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy

and one more thing Prof. Xavier is rolling around his grave over this...Wait is he still dead? I lost track

r u guys serious...spiderman in an x book....is nothing new and not a big deal.

to add to arrow....this is the new alpha flight

Omega%20Flight.jpg

us agent is on it...might as well be cap

Actually that was last year, USAgent and most of those guys have moved on. USAgent has been back with the Mighty Avengers though he just experienced a big set back in the latest issue of Thunderbolts which if you haven't read, you should.

Anyway for Spider-Man I don't know, but Marvel has added additional promo images featuring among others, Blade.

http://comicsnewsi.net/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Marvel%2FWe_Are_X-Men%2FPromo

Seems like the promo features an X-character with a non X-character.