Green Lantern DCUC 5 Pack

Drexl

I got a gut feeling that the pictures in Toyfare were put together at the last minute. I dont believe that Mattel would release Sinestro on that body style. In my option releasing Sinestro on the bigger body style would show a lack of respect to the collectors.

Chopz

Oh wow... God bless you for your optimism and generosity, my friend, but sadly, I think those pics show EXACTLY what we're getting.

As I've said before, these exclusive box sets are done AS CHEAPLY AS POSSIBLE! ONE FIGURE gets all the love, effort, tooling, etc, etc. In this case, it's Guy Gardner and he came out ...acceptable at the very best. Having said this, I do expect these to be scooped up very quickly as soon as they're released. It's really going to come down to plunking down sixty to seventy-five bucks for a Guy and a Tomar Tu. I also exect this to be one of the biggest swap-n-return sets we've seen yet.

Tomar Tu is supposed to have three fingers and a thumb, just like Romat Ru from the two pack, isn't he? Did anyone notice if his hands were sculpted correctly? I know this may not be as noticeable, but it will really bug me if it wasn't done correctly.

Ouch! Good eye.

When Mattel decides to go cheap, they go CHEAP!!

I'm wondering if I'll even see these. EVERY single Walmart within a 60 mile radius of me is overflowing with the Gotham City 5-pack. Several of these Walmarts that are clogged with Blue Beetles, Booster Golds, Cyborgs, and the rest of the pegwarmers never received waves 10-current. I only found wave 12 at the Walmarts that weren't clogged, and now those Walmarts are clogged with Irons, Eclipsos, and Dr. Midnights. I'm pretty sure now that I'll never see this 5-pack.

I quote this from Bruce Campbell when I met him at a book store a few years back. "There is cheap and there is Bolivia cheap" To rephrase so it can work with the topic. There is cheap and there is Mattel cheap. I still have hope for this set and the Sinestro.

Chip

mmmm, he looks kinda overzised, isn´t he?? I know he is in front of the groupshot, but still, looks big. Its the vest I think, which surprises me, because another character with cloths on is the question, and he looks good.

Did you open Guy's vest purposely or is there a larger quality control issue we need to worry about?

theres a stop buying the crap that overseas companies throw away, and wait until the actual release, issue to worry about.

Did you open Guy's vest purposely or is there a larger quality control issue we need to worry about?

theres a stop buying the crap that overseas companies throw away, and wait until the actual release, issue to worry about.

Aw come on guy, stop hating your going to get just as bad quality when you get it at an American store.

Aw come on guy, stop hating your going to get just as bad quality when you get it at an American store.

do you know what you're talking about?....because I sure as hell don't.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

1) Why can't Mattel make the green match on the John Stewart figure?

2) So i just realized that the John Stewart is a direct repaint. That means that his emerald armbands become the gloves, I guess i don't mind it. It kinda works to give a cuff to the glove, rather then a painted line, which i hate.

3) I don't know about this one, You'd have to be pretty desperate to drop 70 for 2 figures. I'm that you'll be able to get them off ebay for less than 25.00 when the 5 pack comes out.

regards

Joshua

these are from another site!!!!

IMG_8866.jpg

IMG_8855.jpg

IMG_8868.jpg

I know this set is a big box of cheapness but I do think that a lot of people are going to change their minds about it when they see it.

I am not certain if it is the vest that is throwing things off, but Guy Gardner looks huge when compared to the other figures