Green Lantern DCUC 5 Pack

Drexl

Uh...why did they use that buck for Sinestro? They should have used the tall/slim buck.

They probably have the spray apts set up for the Hal Jordan buck. I'm guessing it would cost more to figure out how to paint a different buck, therefor everyone ends up with the Hal Jordan buck/paint app. It also might cost more to introduce another buck into the production line.

regards

Joshua

Uh...why did they use that buck for Sinestro? They should have used the tall/slim buck.

They probably have the spray apts set up for the Hal Jordan buck. I'm guessing it would cost more to figure out how to paint a different buck, therefor everyone ends up with the Hal Jordan buck/paint app. It also might cost more to introduce another buck into the production line.

regards

Joshua

I thought theyd use the deadman buck.

regards

Joshua

I thought theyd use the deadman buck.

Right! I just knew that they'd use the same body, or at least Deadman's.....now he's just Fodder.

Wow this was a very Hasbro thing to do on Mattel's part good thing I rely on DC Direct for my Green Lantern fix.

@haha@

It's very important to go into these Walmart exclusive sets with VERY low expectations.

They're done on the cheap with as little effort as possible. Having said that... Whew! This one reeks of an amazing level of cheapness!

Hal Jordan: I've despised the grey-templed Hal almost as much as the stupid-looking mulleted Superman. I have no use for this figure.

Guy Gardner: One figure in these sets usually gets all the love and in this one it's Guy. Even so, this Guy is slightly... off. I still don't reject this figure as much as others do. I find it adequate but I will say it's not as nice as what I've come to expect from DCUC.

John Stewart: As I've said, these sets are done on the cheap, but this is one figure that should've been an easy win. He was a simple repaint. Astoundingly, though, they repainted him wrong! The symbol looks ridiculously huge and absolutely inaccurate. I've seen better customs and speaking of customs...

Sinestro: This thing looks homemade. In fact, if someone made their own GL Sinestro, it would look better because that person would most likely have the sense to use the smaller body.

Tomar Tu: Tomar Tu actually has the potential to be the shining star of this very unimpressive set. Like John Stewart, he's a simple repaint that would be a challenge to get wrong. Hopefully, his green coloring will be more compatible with the other GL's. If it's not though, that won't be enough to ruin him for me.

I'm with you guys. Not a fan of these at all. It kinda boggles the mind how these decisions get made. There must be some other factors at work here that the 4HM or whoever's coming up with the 5 pack cannot control. If any one of us can immediately see the obvious flaws of the body choices... I would like to think the designers can as well.

If any one of us can immediately see the obvious flaws of the body choices... I would like to think the designers can as well.

I'm sure they can, but in these cases, money and costs trump all. Doing anything at all other than what they did to Sinestro would cost money. The designers, bean counters and everyone else look at that pea-headed Sinestro and know that he doesn't look good, but to them, he looks good enough to sell to enough people that this cheap looking set will be worth while. Not a penny above what they absolutely need to spend will be spent and... in spite of all the disgusted diehard fans who will say they're not buying this insult... they will sell enough units to make this worth while.

Having said that, I realize this doesn't cover that abominable John Stewart design. I don't know what the Hell they were thinking with that.

The Guy figure sucks!! The one I was looking forward to the most too! His body is good, but that head is too cartoonish!! It almost looks like someone other than one of the Horsemen did it!!!

Sinestro now has a pin head!!! Damn one of my favorite DC villains keeps getting the shaft!!!

Tomar looks good, as does the older Hal. John looks good to me, but I'm not familiar with that outfit.? Oh well, here's hoping they tweak Guy a bit!!

What sux is that the crappy figs PLUS $55 price tag is going to make these sit on shelves and then Mattel won't do another 5 pack and quite possibly may think people aren't interested in GLs...and then go and cancel that GL toyline.

I'm just going to use Steward's body as an entirely different GL. Guy ain't the worst, so I'll tough it out, and make him work. Tomar Tu, although an obvious repaint from head to toe, is also workable. Hal and Sinestro wont even leave the box! That Sinestro was the worst idea in the line since Starfire's uni-boob, and Hal was just a wasted slot!

I'm glad that most people seem to dislike this set. That means it'll be easier for me to find.

And stop worrying...We know that MATTEL is planning on an entire, separate "GREEN LANTERN" line in 6". I'm sure a lot of wish-lists will be fulfilled.

What sux is that the crappy figs PLUS $55 price tag is going to make these sit on shelves and then Mattel won't do another 5 pack and quite possibly may think people aren't interested in GLs...and then go and cancel that GL toyline.

I'd guess that with a GL movie coming out, Mattel is going to be pretty committed to Green Lantern regardless of how this set does ...and as cheap and as disappointing as the set looks, I'm sure enough people will grab it when it comes out to make it initially difficult to find and command high prices on eBay.

As for that $55 price tag, that might be a little optimistic. With single figures hovering around fifteen bucks, this set might go far sixty or seventy five bucks!

I'mma wait for clearance.

I have a Walmart in my area that has the old 5 pack and its collecting dust because they never put it on clearance

The 5 packs went on sale on walmart.com for a short time.

I'mma wait for clearance.

I have a Walmart in my area that has the old 5 pack and its collecting dust because they never put it on clearance

I went to a Walmart out of the way the other night and they were still nursing 6 of the 5 pack. I am surprised it wasn't snagged up during Christmas, it made perfect sense and was a good price. However, this Walmart doesn't get collector heavy though....just a shame its so damn far away or it would be my central Walmart for exclusives.

I'm glad that most people seem to dislike this set. That means it'll be easier for me to find.

And stop worrying...We know that MATTEL is planning on an entire, separate "GREEN LANTERN" line in 6". I'm sure a lot of wish-lists will be fulfilled.

No!!! I can only afford one line, DCUC, and now a subline!!?? it sounds good, but my wallet is going to suffer...and me as well if I don´t get the figs. Where did u read this news, man?

Tomar Tu is supposed to have three fingers and a thumb, just like Romat Ru from the two pack, isn't he? Did anyone notice if his hands were sculpted correctly? I know this may not be as noticeable, but it will really bug me if it wasn't done correctly.

Tomar Tu is supposed to have three fingers and a thumb, just like Romat Ru from the two pack, isn't he? Did anyone notice if his hands were sculpted correctly? I know this may not be as noticeable, but it will really bug me if it wasn't done correctly.

I just answered my own question. Even one of the two new characters in the set is incorrectly put together. This is very disappointing.

Tomar photo

Hey, no fair, I already have made that Sinestro figure!

Picture013.jpg

Not only have you already made that one, you made it right where they didn't! You put it on the correct Abin Sur/Silver Age costume body, and they could have just as easily done the same.

I'll probably miss this box set. It's craptacular in too many ways. If it's released around the same time as SDCC, there's just way too any other things I'd rather have more. I wouldn't mind having Guy to duke it out with Lobo, but it's not a big deal. Someone said we might be lucky to get it at the same price as the Gotham five pack... there's no way in hell I'm paying that much for something where I look at every single figure in the set and think how I could do it much better. At least the Gotham five pack had a perfect Luthor, the best Superman so far at that point and a welcome Silver Age repaint of the hard to find Two Face. This set... Guy still looks ok, but it doesn't look like the prototype and that's kind of strange b/c DCUC hasn't hardly had that problem at all. If Tomar Tu should have had Romat Re's hands but instead they cheaped out and used Hal's instead, that sucks. Um, another Hal, with white temples... I already made one. Stewart, I don't even know what costume that's supposed to be. The same one as the Wave 11 figure, just painted differently? I already mentioned how Sinestro could have been better. Def. wait until clearance, if I get one at all.

I got a gut feeling that the pictures in Toyfare were put together at the last minute. I dont believe that Mattel would release Sinestro on that body style. In my option releasing Sinestro on the bigger body style would show a lack of respect to the collectors.

Chopz