CLASH OF THE TITANS

crap movie...stick to the original

def not worht 3d....wasnt even filmed in 3d...they altered it after avatar.

It was decent if you go in with absolutely no expectations like i did. I only watched one trailer... once...Don't compare and contrast with the original or the various Perseus mythologies. the story is not that great. the action is not all that special, infact its sometimes very frantic and annoying to the eyes. but it keeps you watching and occasionally laughing at the campyness of it.

Perseus might as well have been Jake sully or Marcus he was playing the same character apparently in all 3 movies. he even looks pretty much the same.. shaved head, grey/tan/greenish shirt.

The 3d was crap. if I would have looked into it ahead of time and saw that they added 3d in after i would have opted for the the regular version.... I basically paid 3 more dollars to watch the movie with sunglasses on. >.< one of the 3d "scenes" was literally all 2d except for a completely random cgi sword sticking up out of the ground

and LOL Pegasus was the token black ...uh... guy? :D

The Kraken will destroy your city in 10 days unless you sacrifice your princess to appease zeus! I don't know about you but i'd probably leave the city a couple days after hearing that, if not within the hour, not wait around to die. wasn't it like 30 days or something ridiculous like that in the original movie? lol like anyone would stay in the city!

I enjoyed it very much, although I could pick it to shreds if I wanted to. I don't see ANYTHING in 3D, so I spared myself that horrid experience (wisely) and the movie was packed full of action and excitement and I was thoroughly entertained. It does not follow the original storyline to a tee and makes some changes to how certain characters come about. I have to say I liked the relationship between Perseus and the Gods in the original, verse the p!ssy anti-god attitude of these one, but that's the attitude of Hollywood nowadays.

I'd recommend it though, if you really enjoyed the original, but expect changes and just enjoy the action sequences.

The trailer looked kind of cool, but I think I'm going to skip out on this one. I'm tired of all the remakes/reboots hollywood is doing. In some cases it is ok but if the original movie was good then why bother?

One other thing I don't get is Sam Worthington. Whats up with this guy getting all these movie roles? He is a very mediocre actor. Hollywood seems to be pushing him as much as Shia laboof.

One other thing I don't get is Sam Worthington. Whats up with this guy getting all these movie roles? He is a very mediocre actor. Hollywood seems to be pushing him as much as Shia laboof.

I wouldn't say his recent movie roles have been anything major, or at least anything worthy of great acting? Terminator? Avatar? Clash of the Titans? Probably the best for him. Same accent, same hairdo in each of'em? Not much of a stretch for him, in stepping outside of just being....Sam Worthington. ^_^

I do like him though, and MUCH better than having Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Johhny Depp (ugh) or Nicolas Cage crammed down our throats once again. I prefer relative unknowns in movies like this.

i allready saw it two times. i loved it but i thought it would be more epic like 300. it is pretty simple and based on action. a real popcorn flick. they could have pushed the actors a little more. hades was realy great and i hoped for a little battle with zeus there but instead there was just talk and no fight. as i say it was cool and i loved it but it was simple.

I'd like to see a remake of Jason and the Argonauts or Ulysses's. I love this Mythological type crap. If I can manage to watch Brad Pitt play Achilles in TROY, you know I'm more into the story than the acting or actors. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yYeZMx1Y7U

Best damn Skeleton fight EVER!! @haha@ That Ray Harryhausen was something else back in the day.

I'd like to see a remake of Jason and the Argonauts or Ulysses's. I love this Mythological type crap. If I can manage to watch Brad Pitt play Achilles in TROY, you know I'm more into the story than the acting or actors. :D

Best damn Skeleton fight EVER!! @haha@ That Ray Harryhausen was something else back in the day.

That's not only cool for ol'school, but that is real ART. I'd rather see that clip in a museum then most of the stuff they give praise to. The time and care it took to make that is under-appreciated today.

that still looks better to me than half the cgi crap they shove down our throats

there's made for tv movies about Jason and Oddysseus that are newer. came out in the late 90s early 2000s. worth watching if you like that stuff, but don't expect much lol

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118414/ - The Odyssey

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217579/ - Jason and the Argonauts

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0340477/ Helen of Troy (2003)

The quality of cgi seems inconsistent to me. One movie could have decent CGI and the next one could look really stupid.

For instance a giant spider in one of the Harry Potter movies looked worse than Godzilla in Godzilla (1998). How could an older movie have better cgi?

The quality of cgi seems inconsistent to me. One movie could have decent CGI and the next one could look really stupid.

For instance a giant spider in one of the Harry Potter movies looked worse than Godzilla in Godzilla (1998). How could an older movie have better cgi?

yeah i don't understand it. Ive seen tv shows from a few years ago with better cgi than a lot of movies recently. If youre putting cgi in the movie, hire some company/team who is actually good at it. especially cgi characters/monsters.

who knows I saw Revenge of the fallen and StarWars revenge of the sith in the same day and Starwars had better CGI even though ILM studios did the CGI for both films not to mention alot films are using that stupid avatar style CGI nowadays Alice in Wonder land,Clash of the Titans i'm forgetting the others but I know when James cameron makes battle angel alita they will use the Avatar graphics

Personally, if I could go back in time, I would've went to see something other than Clash of the Titans and waited until it came out on DVD.

It was mildly entertaining, but I don't think it was as good as the original, and most of it seemed pretty rushed and not very well thought out.

Personally, if I could go back in time, I would've went to see something other than Clash of the Titans and waited until it came out on DVD.

It was mildly entertaining, but I don't think it was as good as the original, and most of it seemed pretty rushed and not very well thought out.

Things that bothered me or I didn't care for in contrast to the original.

Sam Worthingtons high and tight haircut for a Greek mythological tale.

His adoption status over being raised by his mother.

The addition of Hades.

The azzhole/anti-hero nature (like usual nowadays) of pretty much everyone in movie, leaving few to cheer for and even LIKE!

The change from having Acrisius and Argos be destroyed by the kraken, by order of Zeus IMMEDIATELY for having tried to kill his son Perseus and his mother, to having Acrisius be Calibos all as the same dude...Calibos was the son of Thetis, who Zeus deformed for having hunted down all his flying horses save for Pegasus.

Not having Perseus fall in love with Andromeda and wish to free her from Calibos, but instead, have him trying to get back at Hades for killing his foster parents. :rolleyes:

Changing the love story for Perseus to some demi-God named LO????

The scorpions were over done and TOO big and ridiculous.

The addition of Sheikh Sulieman (the thing that rides the scorpions?)

Changing Pegasus from White to Black

The anti-god attitude of Perseus

-----------------------------------------

Medusa was cool though! Best update of the movie.

Things that bothered me or I didn't care for in contrast to the original.

Sam Worthingtons high and tight haircut for a Greek mythological tale.

His adoption status over being raised by his mother.

The addition of Hades.

The azzhole/anti-hero nature (like usual nowadays) of pretty much everyone in movie, leaving few to cheer for and even LIKE!

The change from having Acrisius and Argos be destroyed by the kraken, by order of Zeus IMMEDIATELY for having tried to kill his son Perseus and his mother, to having Acrisius be Calibos all as the same dude...Calibos was the son of Thetis, who Zeus deformed for having hunted down all his flying horses save for Pegasus.

Not having Perseus fall in love with Andromeda and wish to free her from Calibos, but instead, have him trying to get back at Hades for killing his foster parents. :rolleyes:

Changing the love story for Perseus to some demi-God named LO????

The scorpions were over done and TOO big and ridiculous.

The addition of Sheikh Sulieman (the thing that rides the scorpions?)

Changing Pegasus from White to Black

The anti-god attitude of Perseus

-----------------------------------------

Medusa was cool though! Best update of the movie.

one of my friends biggest complaints was how medusa just broke her bow in half in frustration. lol the whole time he was like " wth! why would anyone do that?"

It was awesome in a mindless action-adventure way.

I saw it in 3D, thought it was kind of dark.

Which is how I came out of it. It was entertaining enough, for a night out at the theaters, instead of home on the couch. Hollywood has lost it's way it seems and they just don't have the same sharpness of imagination and creativity (THAT'S APPEALING TO ANYONE ELSE, BUT THEIR OWN LITTLE CLICKS) so while I tend to (not always) follow the plot, it's development and whether or not I'm so immersed in it, that I'm actually CARING about what happens to the characters, over just waiting for the next action CGI sequence to marvel over, I can still just enjoy it for what it was, but what the original lacked in it's technical FX's capability, it was far more flowing and sensical in it's story-telling, and I actually WANTED Perseus and Andromeda to get together, I wanted the hero to defeat the demons and villains and I CARED when the good guys died. Not too much passion like that in Hollywood movies (especially remakes) today.

It was awesome in a mindless action-adventure way.

I saw it in 3D, thought it was kind of dark.

Which is how I came out of it. It was entertaining enough, for a night out at the theaters, instead of home on the couch. Hollywood has lost it's way it seems and they just don't have the same sharpness of imagination and creativity (THAT'S APPEALING TO ANYONE ELSE, BUT THEIR OWN LITTLE CLICKS) so while I tend to (not always) follow the plot, it's development and whether or not I'm so immersed in it, that I'm actually CARING about what happens to the characters, over just waiting for the next action CGI sequence to marvel over, I can still just enjoy it for what it was, but what the original lacked in it's technical FX's capability, it was far more flowing and sensical in it's story-telling, and I actually WANTED Perseus and Andromeda to get together, I wanted the hero to defeat the demons and villains and I CARED when the good guys died. Not too much passion like that in Hollywood movies (especially remakes) today.

The reason I don't watch as much television or movies these days ^. I'd rather read a good book. At least those still make you care about the characters...

...whether or not I'm so immersed in it, that I'm actually CARING about what happens to the characters, over just waiting for the next action CGI sequence to marvel over, I can still just enjoy it for what it was, but what the original lacked in it's technical FX's capability, it was far more flowing and sensical in it's story-telling...

See, I think that was the downfall of this movie. They were relying too much on CGI...and, well...it wasn't anything that any of us hadn't seen before.

Like you said, the scorpion scene was WAY too drawn out, and had too much emphasis put on it, pegasus was boring (in the original, I remember it being very note-worthy), I felt no attachment to the characters, and the only scene in the movie that really kept my attention was the part with Medusa.

Now, I will admit that it's been years since I've seen the original (probably 15 years ago), but it always seemed well thought out, that the characters had purpose and you could connect with them (something this movie didn't deliver), and even though the special effects don't hold up in this generation, they were excellent for the early 80's.

That's why I think I enjoyed Avatar so much. The effects blew me away, AND it had an awesome storyline, that truly immersed you in the world and made you feel for the characters, and it was something NEW. Even though others may argue that it's plot points aren't original, it was still something we haven't seen before as far as new characters and a new universe...and it wasn't a remake of a movie from 20-30 years ago, based off of old characters, a sequel or any of that other regurgitated stuff Hollywood is so keen on these days.

Just to update I saw the movie Rogue. It was a pretty decent giant croc flick. It wasn't as good as Lake Placid but its worth the watch if one likes scifi and gratuitous violence. I was really disappointed that Worthington didn't have a bigger role. He was much more interesting than the American tourist.