Whats the deal with the joined swords again?

synch

I seem to remember this being a big thing when I was a kid & even had the play role set with the shield & the swords that split in half ... but whats the deal with them in the series ?.. Skeletor has half the power sword & heman has the other half ?.. What ?.. Someone explain it to me cause I totally forget it all :D

The original concept was that Skeletor has the evil half of the power sword and He-Man has the good half. This idea was present in the DC series, but not in any of the other fictions to follow. In the original comic, before Man-At-Arms quit shaving, Skeletor's sword was very powerful because it was half of the power sword. In the cartoon and mini-comics Skeletor's sword is just some sword and He-Man has the only Power Sword.

The 4H were going to revisit this idea for the 200X toyline with Skeletor in possession of both halves and He-Man without any. Then Man-At-Arms would manufacture the new Electronic Power Sword as a replacement. This idea was also dropped for the show, in favor of the classic Skeletor random/simple sword(s) versus He-Man's one-and-only Power Sword.

The concept seems to have finally stuck with the new MOTUC toys coming with both full and half swords. And Keldor has a pure evil sword that splits in two evil halves and Man-At-Arms coming with the ELectronic Power Sword.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE