DC Universe Wave 13 is on its wayyyyyy

Superpowers1980

I founds some of Wave 13 at a nearby Walmart yesterday! I was so surprised because I usually don't see anything in stores until after it's been out for a while. I found Blue Beetle, Donna, Silver Age Cheetah and two Superboys. I don't know if that's part of a case assortment or if it was just someone else's scraps, but I bought them. Some quick thoughts.

Blue Beetle is awesome. The sculpting, design and execution are almost as nice as a Revoltech figure. He is easily the standout of this wave (based on what I've seen so far, but I have a feeling it won't change), and one of the nicest figures from the entire series. But he really would have been better with the rocker feet. It looks like he's where most of the budget for W13 went.

Superboy does not disappoint.

Silver Age Cheetah looks as nice as I thought she'd be in person. Her hands are a very soft rubbery material. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Donna is unfortunately a little disappointing, mainly because the did a lackluster job on her eyes. I see from spidermanskrull's pics that his figure looks exactly the same as mine. It's too bad they couldn't have made it look more like the prototypes shown on the back of the packaging.

I'm not certain, but it looks as if they made the disks that allow for the articulation on the female figure's hips this time around from soft pvc plastic instead of harder abs plastic?!? I don't about this. It doesn't seem like it will hold up as well.

From my observations, the overall quality of this wave isn't as nice as previous waves. This is unacceptable, considering the ever increasing prices and even more fees if you have to drive around or pay shipping. Wave 9 seemed to begin a turnaround to better quality standards. Wave 10 was suprisingly high quality in plastics and paint, and so was Wave 11. The Wave 12 I've seen and bought has the cheaper feel that plagued earlier waves, and to me W13 is even worse. The plastic is pockmarked in spots, and there are too many noticeable super glue stains. There's a big spot of super glue on the right side of the Trigon head I got that is annoying. Paint was kinda sloppy on all of them. Not terrible but not good, either. And as most people know, this Wave continues the trend began with Wave 12 where they're now molding the feet all as one piece, limiting some of the articulation. I'm still on the fence about completing this wave. But I guess they're out there now, so good luck to anyone looking them.

I founds some of Wave 13 at a nearby Walmart yesterday! I was so surprised because I usually don't see anything in stores until after it's been out for a while. I found Blue Beetle, Donna, Silver Age Cheetah and two Superboys. I don't know if that's part of a case assortment or if it was just someone else's scraps, but I bought them. Some quick thoughts.

Blue Beetle is awesome. The sculpting, design and execution are almost as nice as a Revoltech figure. He is easily the standout of this wave (based on what I've seen so far, but I have a feeling it won't change), and one of the nicest figures from the entire series. But he really would have been better with the rocker feet. It looks like he's where most of the budget for W13 went.

Superboy does not disappoint.

Silver Age Cheetah looks as nice as I thought she'd be in person. Her hands are a very soft rubbery material. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Donna is unfortunately a little disappointing, mainly because the did a lackluster job on her eyes. I see from spidermanskrull's pics that his figure looks exactly the same as mine. It's too bad they couldn't have made it look more like the prototypes shown on the back of the packaging.

I'm not certain, but it looks as if they made the disks that allow for the articulation on the female figure's hips this time around from soft pvc plastic instead of harder abs plastic?!? I don't about this. It doesn't seem like it will hold up as well.

From my observations, the overall quality of this wave isn't as nice as previous waves. This is unacceptable, considering the ever increasing prices and even more fees if you have to drive around or pay shipping. Wave 9 seemed to begin a turnaround to better quality standards. Wave 10 was suprisingly high quality in plastics and paint, and so was Wave 11. The Wave 12 I've seen and bought has the cheaper feel that plagued earlier waves, and to me W13 is even worse. The plastic is pockmarked in spots, and there are too many noticeable super glue stains. There's a big spot of super glue on the right side of the Trigon head I got that is annoying. Paint was kinda sloppy on all of them. Not terrible but not good, either. And as most people know, this Wave continues the trend began with Wave 12 where they're now molding the feet all as one piece, limiting some of the articulation. I'm still on the fence about completing this wave. But I guess they're out there now, so good luck to anyone looking them.

Any chance you could post a picture of Cheetah? I'm dying to get a good look at her.893USA1-thumb.gif

4529179626_d7762fa260_b.jpg

4528545215_88b8ca2e2e_b.jpg

I tried to get the glue residue to show up in the pic, but it may not be as noticeable as it would be if you were standing there looking at it.

4529198632_d620174652_b.jpg

Here they are along with a beautiful bag my sister bought me around Christmas that I use to keep all of my DCUC figures inbiggrin.gif

• Like 1

Donna looks like she has lazy eyes like she had one to many drink. I may not get to see wave 13 at my Wal-Mart at all. My Wal-Mart is still stuck with 20 DCU figures from the Best of series. They have been there for 2 months now not moving.

Does anyone know when Wave 13 is supposed to be on mattycollector? Did I already miss it? I'm a little confused by the listing saying Wave 11 still but picturing Wave 13. I was thinking about ordering the complete set and then just returning the ones I don't want to a local store, since I already bought several from this wave (see earlier posts) and held on to the receipt. It would be just like returning the same ones I bought to the same store I bought them from. I'm also thinking about not keeping the Cyclotron and modern Cheetah, since I'm not sure if I want them but I do want Blue Devil and Negative Man and would like to build Trigon, and I doubt I will see these in stores more than once.

@JefferyA I think what happened with Wonder Girl is that the eye paint didn't line up well when they were in production with the sculpted line where the eye should be. At least that what it looks like to me, anyway.

my bro found some wave 13 today @ wallys. 2 troy, 1 cheetah, 1 beetle. no supeboy or others. he mustve missed the supeboys. I think the case that shipping doesnt included the others.

Hmm. Well. They could be shipping Wave 13 to Wally with some of the figures not included, but some of Wave 12 added instead. I was kind of wondering why that particular store had so many Dr. Mid-nites and Eclipsos lately, but basically no other Wave 12 except for one Iron I saw once. Unless someone is just returning some figures there or something. I can't keep up with case assortments anymore, and have to rely on what little info gets posted on one of these websites since I have no "inside knowledge". As for the mattycollector sets, here is question and answer No. 2 from a 4/15 "Ask Matty", as it is posted at the fwoosh.

Do you have a date for when DCUC 13 will be available on Matty Collector?

Not yet since right now that is up in the air. The response to Wave 11 and Wave 12 on Mattycollector.com was very minimal and we are reviewing whether or not the box sets will continue. We can only sell items on Mattycollector.com if there is enough fan support.

So... who the hell knows what that means. rolleyes.gif

I'm not sure how much fan support Matty wants...I bought two boxes of wave 11 and two boxes of wave 12 from them...

They must have concerns about my financial well being...they keep refusing my money!!!!

If Matty is not selling Wave 13, then why when you click on Wave 11, it shows Wave 13's pictures? Its most likely because they will be up for sale soon. They wouldn't have the pictures up as a mistake like that when you click Wave 11 if they did not intend on selling Wave 13.

I nabbed a Superboy variant Cheetah from a local comic shop today.. I really like Superboy too.. His sculpt looks great and I finally have the "Reign of the Supermen" finished.

Scored part of wave 13 last night at WM as my store got in a split case with some ALL STAR figs! I love Superboy!!! Donna would be so much better if her eyes were not painted slanted! You can see where the eye is not fully painted! @loll@

Draven

Scored part of wave 13 last night at WM as my store got in a split case with some ALL STAR figs! I love Superboy!!! Donna would be so much better if her eyes were not painted slanted! You can see where the eye is not fully painted! guitar.gif

Draven

Donna is a mixed bag. Like a lot of female figures, I think she has a pretty head sculpt, it's just obscured a bit by lackluster paint. And ya, painting only half the eye makes her look like she's half asleep or pissed or something. I think Donna's was supposed to be the debut of their new teen female body or however they worded it. Cheetah uses most of the same body, except for the lower legs, making her stand just a hair taller. I don't think the sculpting on her belt is as great as it could be. I'm also a little disappointed because mine has some super glue running from the belt. But I'm glad they went with the classic costume. The tiny stars on her costume turned out really well.

Also, regarding something I said in an earlier post about what I thought was a manufacturing change to Wave 13 female figures... I looked at some of the DCUCs from earlier waves, and I think they always made those hip disks out of softer plastic, on male and female figures, so it's not a recent change. Sorry about that to anyone who read it and thought they might have changed something for the worst. The upper legs on Cheetah and Donna don't line up with the hip cavity, and they just don't seem as sturdy as earlier figures. But it might just seem that way.

And, D'oh! I forgot all about the all star figures. I zone out sometimes. The all star reissues don't seem to hang around in my area long. I don't even always see them. Maybe that's why I forgot them.

If Matty is not selling Wave 13, then why when you click on Wave 11, it shows Wave 13's pictures? Its most likely because they will be up for sale soon. They wouldn't have the pictures up as a mistake like that when you click Wave 11 if they did not intend on selling Wave 13.

very good point- maybe this will be the last set offered-