New Iron Man 2 figures

Joker08

I went to Walmart today and noticed they are starting to set up end caps with Iron Man 2 figures. Has anyone seen the new 3.75" figures (mainly Whiplash) yet? Also, I noticed a sticker on one shelf that said Marvel Universe 9. The price was 13 something. Nothing there yet but I'm wondering if that might be the place for the 6" exclusives. Anyone seeing anything new?

I went to Walmart today and noticed they are starting to set up end caps with Iron Man 2 figures. Has anyone seen the new 3.75" figures (mainly Whiplash) yet? Also, I noticed a sticker on one shelf that said Marvel Universe 9. The price was 13 something. Nothing there yet but I'm wondering if that might be the place for the 6" exclusives. Anyone seeing anything new?

My wife has hit up 3 Walmarts in the last 5 days and hasn't found anything yet.

• 3 weeks later...

man, i wish all toys had a release date.. or at least a release week date.

i still have yet to come across the exclusive six inchers. i have definitely been wasting too much gas by looking.

but yeah, i really think toys should have a release week date. not just fore new lines, but for new waves. i mean, what would the harm be in that? the walmart employees would actually have to do their jobs. those of us who have yet to find these figures know that they're just collecting dust on a pallet somewhere in the back. & @ the walmarts in my area, there is plenty of room to stock these figures. @ the store closest to me, they have their little island thing in front of the end cap practically empty. there is a row of the arc lights and the little mask play set.. and on the shelf below, there is only one row across with those stupid little iron man on his four wheeler thing. the other side is practically the same deal except the shelf is completely empty. & as joker said, there is a price tag for the marvel universe figures with a sticker next to it that says "out of stock" and that's been there for over a week.

i just really hope they start showing up here. i'm a very impatient person. & there's nothing that peeves me more than seeing empty pegs & shelves that should be occupied with the figures i'm searching for. .. i thought businesses wanted to make money? i have a suggestion for the walmart big wigs. usually.. in order to make money it'd be best if your products were actually on the sales floor to give the customer the opportunity to purchase them.

sorry for the incoherent rant & ramble.

I found several of the 6" inch exclusive movie series at Wal*Mart yesterday, except for the Mark V Iron Man. You watch, I bet Hasbro will make the Mark V scarce and release that one only 1 or 2 per case. I did nab me a Mark VI and War Machine, though. They're nice! The War Machine is worth getting. It's miles above the 3" inch version.

Agree the War Machine 6" is well worth it. My only nitpicking on the Mark VI is that I was hoping that Hasbro gave it the same metallic paint as the 3 3/4" version. Other than that I can't wait to see the Mark V.

• 4 weeks later...

I've not kept up with what's been planned for this line, but does anyone know if any of the drones are planned as figures? I thought they were very cool looking in the movie, and would make great toys--especially if we get all four services.

I've not kept up with what's been planned for this line, but does anyone know if any of the drones are planned as figures? I thought they were very cool looking in the movie, and would make great toys--especially if we get all four services.

From my understanding they only drones are in a special set of barely moveable figs for secondary market stores (dollar stores)

Shame.

• Like 1

From my understanding they only drones are in a special set of barely moveable figs for secondary market stores (dollar stores)

Shame.

Aw, that's a pity. If they are by any chance detailed at all, I'd be tempted to buy them regardless. But I'd prefer articulated figures to crummy near-static ones.

Well I'm pretty sure there's a drone coming, I think it's called a Tactical Assault Drone. I'm guessing it hasn't been revealed yet for spoiler reasons; I too I'm hoping for all models and maybe a final battle whiplash.

Yeah that TRU 4 pack will be sweet. Mark VI armor with correct paint, two drones, and the BMF himself, Mace Windu. Sold!

But speaking of the current new ones, I found Titanium Man and Guardsman at my local TRU yesterday. Titanium man is a very nice figure... really about as good as a 4 incher gets. Good value for the money, and he'll look great getting punch by my various Iron Manses.

We do need a lot more villains though, so I hope they keep coming. I'm a bit concerned by how fast these things are moving... The pegs are absolutely jam-packed with Mark IV and VI at my TRU. There's no empty peg space to put the new figs on, so I'm worried that I might never see Whiplash or some of the others.

Well I'm pretty sure there's a drone coming, I think it's called a Tactical Assault Drone. I'm guessing it hasn't been revealed yet for spoiler reasons; I too I'm hoping for all models and maybe a final battle whiplash.

My hopes are for something a bit more unlikely.........I want 6" versions to go with the 6" ML-scaled War Machine. I saw the 4-pack set, and got excited for about a minute......and then realized its MU-scaled. Phooey!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have yet to find Whiplash figure . And I even have yet to find a War Machine figure .

I have yet to find Whiplash figure . And I even have yet to find a War Machine figure .

Comic War Machine or Movie?

Both . Hahaha . But I will be on the look out for War Machine later .

It looks to me like Hasbro is doing the same exact thing to the Iron Man 2 4" inch line that they did with the Indiana Jones line a couple of years back. Hasbro has flooded the market with the first two initial waves of figures. Just like the Indiana Jones line, these first two waves are still sitting on store shelves. There are still so many figures from the first waves just overflowing that it's hard to find any of the new Iron Man figures on store shelves. If you do come across any of new figures they are very far and few between. This is alomst exactly what Hasbro did to kill the Indiana Jones line. I remember it was almost next to impossible to find the "Temple of Doom" and "Last Crusade" waves.

It looks to me like Hasbro is doing the same exact thing to the Iron Man 2 4" inch line that they did with the Indiana Jones line a couple of years back. Hasbro has flooded the market with the first two initial waves of figures. Just like the Indiana Jones line, these first two waves are still sitting on store shelves. There are still so many figures from the first waves just overflowing that it's hard to find any of the new Iron Man figures on store shelves. If you do come across any of new figures they are very far and few between. This is alomst exactly what Hasbro did to kill the Indiana Jones line. I remember it was almost next to impossible to find the "Temple of Doom" and "Last Crusade" waves.

Hasbro hasn't flooded the market, the retailers have over-ordered. Its not Hasbro's fault how much the retailers order of a given wave--as they clearly over-estimated the popularity the line would have. Its the retailers fault.

Hasbro hasn't flooded the market, the retailers have over-ordered. Its not Hasbro's fault how much the retailers order of a given wave--as they clearly over-estimated the popularity the line would have. Its the retailers fault.

I just wish my Wal Mart over ordered on Marvel Universe ... In my area , series 2 wave 3 has not even appeared !

I just wish my Wal Mart over ordered on Marvel Universe ... In my area , series 2 wave 3 has not even appeared !

If its any consolation, retailers up here have seen PARTIAL waves ( that or certain figures were intercepted before going on the pegs), the wave with Guardian of Alpha Flight hasn't been seen in my area, but some of the other characters from that wave have.

You'd think a Canadian superhero character would be one to sell out in Canada, but it would also be a heavily ordered wave as well, for Cdn stores.

Thankfully, I had some pals hook me up with lots of the Guardian figure from their sources stateside.

Yeah , there are like a couple figures from early waves in my area .

I found the 6" Mark V at Walmart this morning. This figure looks great and I will try to get some pics up tommorrow.

That reminds me : I have not found a trace of any Wal Mart exclusives of any kind of figure at my Wal Mart .