Problem with Darseid Torso Part

SlushyFrog

Hi I finally got all the pieces to assemble the Darkseid figure, but I think there's something wrong with the torso piece I have. It doesn't connect with the butt piece. Here's a picture of the piece underneath.

img2186h.jpg

It looks to me like the rubber washer piece and the peg have their places swapped. The peg doesn't protrude enough to connect with the other piece. Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I missing something incredibly obvious here? Thanks.

Hi I finally got all the pieces to assemble the Darkseid figure, but I think there's something wrong with the torso piece I have. It doesn't connect with the butt piece. Here's a picture of the piece underneath.

img2186h.jpg

It looks to me like the rubber washer piece and the peg have their places swapped. The peg doesn't protrude enough to connect with the other piece. Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I missing something incredibly obvious here? Thanks.

Yes I've read other people experiencing the same problem esp over at the fwoosh. They all aren't like that though since I've put together 2 Darkseids and the hip connected with torso w/o a problem. Only thing I would recommend is returning it for another Mary and cross your fingers that it's fine. Mattel customer service won't replace it.

Yes I've read other people experiencing the same problem esp over at the fwoosh. They all aren't like that though since I've put together 2 Darkseids and the hip connected with torso w/o a problem. Only thing I would recommend is returning it for another Mary and cross your fingers that it's fine. Mattel customer service won't replace it.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to find another Mary. At least there are two versions... so I can get a red one instead of a second white one.

That's zarqin' wrong. I have everything except the torso piece and NOW I find out it's a gorram crap-shoot? The Mary Marvel figure I get has to fulfill so many criteria as it is... White costume eliminates half the population of Marys. Then I want good paint apps on the face and logo. And I also happen to want the torso piece to attach to the waist correctly.

If you count the probability of good paint on the face (vs bad), good logo paint (vs bad), and correct torso (vs incorrect) as one-half each, then the probability of getting the Mary I want is (1/2)*(1/2)*(1/2)*(1/2) or ONE IN SIXTEEN. This is completely insane.

• Like 1

This is pretty inexcusable IMO.

I'm afraid to look at my case. I guess I'll do that later tonight to make sure the BAF I bought this bloody set for can actually be assembled.

Come on Mattel. It's a pain in the rear to find these things, and when we do now the BAF's are borked too?

I don't mean to sound sensationalist; but really this is just another strike against a line that's already a hassle to be a fan of.

This news is honestly killing me. Mary Marvel is one of my all-time favorites (being a Marvel). She was the figure I wanted most in this wave, and she's the only one I haven't seen (either version), and now she's got an error I need to be wary of.

i had the same problem but i forced it in and it worked. i assembled the legs first and i had a hard time to assemble the body. i didnt put it in at first and i was afraid to break something. then because the legs were in the way, i didnt had a good grip. i took the legs off again and then i pushed it in. with a lot of force, i managed to get the pieces togehter. those are some pretty hard plastic pieces who dont break that easely. it worked for me.

Jeez! Initially, this worried me, the pictures posted look exactly like the Darkseid torso I have, but I finally put it together seconds ago and so far so good!

Hmm really? I don't see how it's physically possible with the ring in the way. The peg doesnt extend out far enough to attach to the lower torso.

Jeez! Initially, this worried me, the pictures posted look exactly like the Darkseid torso I have, but I finally put it together seconds ago and so far so good!

Hmm really? I don't see how it's physically possible with the ring in the way. The peg doesnt extend out far enough to attach to the lower torso.

Yeah, i thought i was gonna have to really push that sucker in, but it just connected. Good thing too since i bought the torso off of ebay, and it would have sucked if it didn't. Since i didn't know about this whole Darkseid torso problem until reading this topic, I would have suspected a bad seller if my torso didn't connect, but all in all i've been lucky with every DC CnC fig.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your torso SlushyFrog. It looks exactly the same as mine, you might just not pushing in hard enough to connect the two pieces. When I first put mine together I thought there might be a problem as well because most BAF just snap into place right away and Darkseid didn't but if you just push down on the crotch as you hold the torso you'll hear a snap and it will hold together fine. If anything there is something wrong with your crotch piece but going by the picture you posted there appears to be nothing wrong with your torso. I checked my brothers as well as his torso looks just like yours as well.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your torso SlushyFrog. It looks exactly the same as mine, you might just not pushing in hard enough to connect the two pieces. When I first put mine together I thought there might be a problem as well because most BAF just snap into place right away and Darkseid didn't but if you just push down on the crotch as you hold the torso you'll hear a snap and it will hold together fine. If anything there is something wrong with your crotch piece but going by the picture you posted there appears to be nothing wrong with your torso. I checked my brothers as well as his torso looks just like yours as well.

Mine didn't snap together either, more like a soft click. Anyways, I checked the torso from a MOC Mary Marvel, and it looks just like the picture posted and the torso that i just connected.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

What I ended up doing was put the torso in the freezer and then snap off the washer piece using a metal nail filer. Then the lower torso snapped in easily. I wonder if this makes my Darkseid a quarter centimeter shorter.

Dip the upper torso piece in boiling water for about 1 minute. The ring will soften-up substantially. While it's still soft, you should be able to pop it on to the connecting piece. Then you'll have a nice, tight fit.

I'm so happy. I just got all the Darkseid figures from bbts today. And it came with both Mary's. So it came with 2 chest parts. One of the chest parts dint connect with the torso but the other one did. So glad it came with two. That sucks though that some dont work. I would've been pretty mad.