marvel universe possiblities

kiba

How far into this series do you think we will see vehicles and playsets? Also, i think it would be cool if they ever did weapon and/or accessory packs, mystery(blacked out package)figures?

How far into this series do you think we will see vehicles and playsets? Also, i think it would be cool if they ever did weapon and/or accessory packs, mystery(blacked out package)figures?

I don't see vehicles/playsets ever coming out. Aside from something like the race car in the IM2 line. But what vehicles are truly iconic enough to warrant a hunk o' plastic? Quinjet, Punisher Van, Fantasticar? Nothing nearly as noteworthy as the Batmobile (and the other Bat-vehicles - and that's about it even for DC.)

Vehicles have always been a staple in the Star Wars and GI Joe lines - they go hand in hand. But vehicles and superheroes aren't really synonymous. And playsets haven't done well for well over a decade.

even if you ruled out the half-dozen or so possible vehicles, there are still several iconic locations(buildings,interiors,streets) that could be incorporated somewhere. A X-Men blackbird figure carrying case,etc...

I don't see vehicles/playsets ever coming out. Aside from something like the race car in the IM2 line. But what vehicles are truly iconic enough to warrant a hunk o' plastic? Quinjet, Punisher Van, Fantasticar? Nothing nearly as noteworthy as the Batmobile (and the other Bat-vehicles - and that's about it even for DC.)

Vehicles have always been a staple in the Star Wars and GI Joe lines - they go hand in hand. But vehicles and superheroes aren't really synonymous. And playsets haven't done well for well over a decade.

Um, yeah, Quinjet, Fantasticar...and maybe the Blackbird.

Fantasticar is probably the only one they'll do tho (unless they do Ghost Rider with cycle).

Let's see............vehicles, eh?

Fantastic Four:

ICBM

Pogo Plane

Flying Bathtub/Fantastic Car

Thing's Hover-Bike

Johnny's race car

Dr. Doom's Skycraft

Avengers:

Quinjet

Submarine

Sky-Bikes

Captain America's motorcycle

SHIELD:

Helicarrier

Flying Cars

Transport/assault craft

X-men:

Blackbird jet

Flying Craft

Motorcycles

Galactus:

World-ship

Red Skull:

War-Wheel

Alpha Flight:

Omni-Jet

Spider-man:

Spider-mobile

Ghostrider:

Motorcycle

Hulk:

Gamma Base defence vehicles; tanks, jets etc.

Thor:

Thor's chariot

Kang/Immortus

Time-ship

I didn't say there weren't vehicles in the Marvel U. I posed the question of: which ones were iconic enough to warrant a toy? And I'm fairly certain the Heli-carrier and Galactus' ship would be better fit in the category of playset. That's like calling the U.S.S. Flagg a vehicle.

DOn't forget wonder woman's Invisible JET!

SHS tried to get a few vehicles in. Namor w/ Shark and Ghostrider's cycle. (there might have been another one or two, but I don't remember them)

Ghostrider does need his cycle if he is too bad, he doesn't make sense with out it. But as far anything super iconic? I think Blackbird would be the only one. Sadly it would be huge. Maybe if they had it still they could retool the 90's version to save cash?

Let's muse over playsets, shall we?

Fantastic Four:

Baxter Building Labs

ICBM Silo

Negative Zone Portal

Cosmic Energy chamber

Dr. Doom's Castle

Doom's Time Portal

Blue Area of the Moon.

Attilian-Inhuman's city.

Mole-man's Subterraean Kingdom

Namor's Atlantean Throne Room

Avengers:

Avengers Mansion w/Meeting room/War room

Combat Training room

Hank Pym's lab

Avengers infirmary

Ultron's lab

SHIELD:

Orbital platform

War room

SHIELD Holding facility

Battle labs

LMD Chamber

The Vault-superhuman containment unit

HYDRA-base

AIM Warehouse

X-men:

Danger room

Cerebro

Infirmary

War room

Weapon X-creation chamber

Asteroid M

Murderworld

Muir Island

Excalibur Lighthouse

Brood Hive-ship

Red Skull:

Cosmic Cube Chamber

Alpha Flight:

Department H

Thor:

Asgard Hall of the Norse Gods/Odin's Throne room

Rainbow Bridge

Frost Giant battlefield

Loki's lair

Hulk:

Gamma Base

Gamma Bomb Ground Zero

Hulkbuster base

Hulk Containment Unit

Iron Man:

Tony Stark's Iron-Vault/workshop

Stark Industries office

Mandarin's Ring Chamber

Doctor Strange:

Sanctum Sanctorum

Dormammu's Mystic Kingdom

Spider-man

Daily Bugle Office

I'd say your dreaming big Arrow, but i can't at all blame you for it.

Somewhere out there in Europe they made some marvel play sets that are roughly 1:18 scale made by someone with a foreign license. They had a baxter building, a ninja dojo, and a fast food restaurant that were all connectible and/or stack-able. It looked like an amazing system. If you had the fat cash, you could build a nice street full of marvel stuff.

Yep, them's is big dreams--but they are just there to illustrate the possibilities.

Few of the above list are practical in any real sense--but that is not the point. Thematically, there's LOTS of choices for playsets and vehicles.

Icons are less of a consideration here, because most of these just WORK with the Marvel characters, rather than identify them.

The more I think about this the less I think we will see playsets or vehicles outside of the fantasticar. Giant characters are what you will see instead.

You never know.

See, reason I say that is that Marvel could enter a new plateau, with their being part of Disney now.

If any company on Earth knows how to market the sh!t out of something, its Disney.

No-one here has any clue as to what could come down the road, Marvel could become an order of magnitude greater as a brand presence in the next few years.

• Like 1