Matty Collector Question

Namor14

They probably won't.

This question keeps popping up in the Q&A's. According to Matty, none of the DCUC two packs sold well enough to justify a continuation of the two pack product. It should be noted however that the Adam Strange Starfire set did sell out initially and later on did get a second release. Upon the second release, it sat there for several months without selling out. I think it took a sale in order to clear them all out.

Regarding this particular set itself, while the Adam Strange is a nice figure... although I would've preferred the CLASSIC Adam Strange... the Starfire is probably the WORST cheapest looking figure of this whole line. Mattel really cut corners on her and it shows.

• Like 1

They probably won't.

This question keeps popping up in the Q&A's. According to Matty, none of the DCUC two packs sold well enough to justify a continuation of the two pack product. It should be noted however that the Adam Strange Starfire set did sell out initially and later on did get a second release. Upon the second release, it sat there for several months without selling out. I think it took a sale in order to clear them all out.

Regarding this particular set itself, while the Adam Strange is a nice figure... although I would've preferred the CLASSIC Adam Strange... the Starfire is probably the WORST cheapest looking figure of this whole line. Mattel really cut corners on her and it shows.

I've heard the Starfire is pretty bad, but I just want the two pack for Adam Strange, thanks for the info though :)

I missed most of these as I was always waiting on the box sets to come into stock before placing an order.

I passed on Starfire because she was so terrible. Then again, the female figures have been a pretty major weakness in this line with a few exceptions. They put so much more effort into the male characters, most of the females seem phoned in.

There is no reason why they couldn't release them single carded at some point though right ?.. Persnoally I think the only two packs we will ever see are a ton of green lantern stuff in 2011-12 :D

There is no reason why they couldn't release them single carded at some point though right ?.. Persnoally I think the only two packs we will ever see are a ton of green lantern stuff in 2011-12 :D

That would be a great idea for a Wal-Mart exclusive wave.

No, seriously.

Okay, maybe that's a bad idea; but personally I wouldn't mind seeing old web exclusives become store exclusives instead of integral new figures like The Joker being a retailer exclusive. That's just frustrating.