Aquaman vs Namor

Pluvsjazzs

the truth is the truth always! people that speak the truth dont have to get upset, because no matter what ANYONE says....the truth stays the same. (no matter what anyone says, the skys still blue, waters still wet, right?)

Totally untrue. hahahahaha wink.gif

You are either Xorr using a different name or you are the wackest lackey on the planet. I have never seem someone so devoted and blinded by another as you are to Xorr. In my brief time here, I have seen some people agree and disagree or varied issues, but you never waiver in your overwhelming carnal love and support of Xorr. Maybe one day in whatever state legalizes it, you two can have the matrimony you so richly desire. At first you made me think of Bucky or Robin, but no, you are wayyy more devoted.....you Newguy are the Smithers to Xorr's Mr Burns!!!

Xorr finding the validation comfort in Newguy's arms

Mr__Burns_and_Smithers__by_BUBBLE89.jpg

LOL!...why not? truth speakers dont have to get upset. they might choose to, but they dont have to. look at it like this. your tag is NewGuy, right? see...truth. if some a**hole comes along and wnts to debate that.....why should i get upset?...hes the fool. im not saying that Xorr doesnt speak the truth, its just one form of the "multiple" truths in comics.

"If some a**hole comes along?" Nice personal attack! hahaha Pooda, you so "street!" haha

oh..no, no, no....i wasnt calling anyone here an a**hole!...seriously! the a**hole wouldve been the guy that would argue that your tag isnt NewGuy. dont try and twist it into something it isnt.

the truth is the truth always! people that speak the truth dont have to get upset, because no matter what ANYONE says....the truth stays the same. (no matter what anyone says, the skys still blue, waters still wet, right?)

You are either Xorr using a different name or you are the wackest lackey on the planet. I have never seem someone so devoted and blinded by another as you are to Xorr. In my brief time here, I have seen some people agree and disagree or varied issues, but you never waiver in your overwhelming carnal love and support of Xorr. Maybe one day in whatever state legalizes it, you two can have the matrimony you so richly desire. At first you made me think of Bucky or Robin, but no, you are wayyy more devoted.....you Newguy are the Smithers to Xorr's Mr Burns!!!

I am not Xorr. Read my past posts! hahaha

Nice personal attack BTW internet tough guy! People get kicked off boards for less! hahahaha ;)

• Like 1

LOL!...why not? truth speakers dont have to get upset. they might choose to, but they dont have to. look at it like this. your tag is NewGuy, right? see...truth. if some a**hole comes along and wnts to debate that.....why should i get upset?...hes the fool. im not saying that Xorr doesnt speak the truth, its just one form of the "multiple" truths in comics.

"If some a**hole comes along?" Nice personal attack! hahaha Pooda, you so "street!" haha

oh..no, no, no....i wasnt calling anyone here an a**hole!...seriously! the a**hole wouldve been the guy that would argue that your tag isnt NewGuy. dont try and twist it into something it isnt.

Um... My tag IS NewGuy. ??? hahaha Holy crap, look at the IP addresses and ask a moderator. "What?! Someone else who doesn't agree with me?!" :rolleyes:

You are either Xorr using a different name or you are the wackest lackey on the planet.

mellow.gifhuh.gifohmy.gificon_lol.gif ... that was wrong on sooo many levels. i think that we are all getting a bit too serious *laughs again* over these debates. SP....you are a fool!(and i mean that in a good way)

Um... My tag IS NewGuy. ??? hahaha Holy crap, look at the IP addresses and ask a moderator. "What?! Someone else who doesn't agree with me?!" rolleyes.gif

ooooookaaay...

You are either Xorr using a different name or you are the wackest lackey on the planet.

mellow.gifhuh.gifohmy.gificon_lol.gif ... that was wrong on sooo many levels. i think that we are all getting a bit too serious *laughs again* over these debates. SP....you are a fool!(and i mean that in a good way)

And you apparently have trouble writing in English... hahaha

And you apparently have trouble writing in English... hahaha

spanish too.

• Like 1

Nice personal attack BTW internet tough guy! People get kicked off boards for less! hahahaha wink.gif

Listen up Bucky,....I mean Robin...no, no, sorry Mr Smithers, I wasn't being an internet tough guy, I didn't threaten you. I merley pointed out your love and devotion to anything Xorr says, sometimes you don't even offer an opinion on a topic, just support on what Xorr has to say.

btw Newguy, I love your tattoo:

BossOfMyHeart.gif

You know I am right! Even you and I have disagreed on any number of topics, then there are others we do agree upon. What we see with Xorr and Newguy is unbelievable. Sometimes Newguy won't even have an idea on the topic other than to support Xorr and back up what he says. I am just saying Newguy are Xorr may be the first TNI couple

Nice personal attack BTW internet tough guy! People get kicked off boards for less! hahahaha wink.gif

Listen up Bucky,....I mean Robin...no, no, sorry Mr Smithers, I wasn't being an internet tough guy, I didn't threaten you. I merley pointed out your love and devotion to anything Xorr says, sometimes you don't even offer an opinion on a topic, just support on what Xorr has to say.

btw Newguy, I love your tattoo:

BossOfMyHeart.gif

Yeah, it was internet tough guy. At least have the testicular fortitude to admit it - don't be a #$###! hahaha :rolleyes:

Anyway you two, have a nice life living in your own worlds - where you are right, no one disagrees with you, and you can be a young street tough! hahahahaha

• Like 1

You can always spot the childish, immature, uneducated members of any forum simply by looking at how they post. For example when they quote gigantic blocks of text and then add one single poorly written non-sentence in reply, or when they feel compelled to post idiotic picture links in order to convey what they're trying to say because words are too difficult a means of expression for them. Or when they parrot over and over the same ridiculous, dis-proven propaganda pieces in the hopes of drowning out the other person in order to evade intelligent debate. Or when they fail to discuss issues point-by-point, preferring instead to vilify the other person and misquote them in order to avoid reasonable discussion.

Hmmm...I wonder if we have any of those types among us? :rolleyes:

Pooda, Superpower1980, and I AM SCI-FI, unless and until you're ready to actually discuss the matter like intelligent people, I won't be discussing this any further with you three. None of you have yet come to comprehend what I've clearly explained. Actually, I suspect that one of you understands but is simply a troll, the other two are either 12 year olds or just too stupid to be worth talking to. My points have been clearly stated and backed up with valid examples. The intelligent people can see and understand what I'm saying. The other people...well, who cares what they think? :rolleyes:

You know I am right! Even you and I have disagreed on any number of topics, then there are others we do agree upon. What we see with Xorr and Newguy is unbelievable. Sometimes Newguy won't even have an idea on the topic other than to support Xorr and back up what he says. I am just saying Newguy are Xorr may be the first TNI couple

By the way, you are attacking people over comic book characters! hahaha

• Like 1

You can always spot the childish, immature, uneducated members of any forum simply by looking at how they post. For example when they quote gigantic blocks of text and then add one single poorly written non-sentence in reply, or when they feel compelled to post idiotic picture links in order to convey what they're trying to say because words are too difficult a means of expression for them. Or when they parrot over and over the same ridiculous, dis-proven propaganda pieces in the hopes of drowning out the other person in order to evade intelligent debate. Or when they fail to discuss issues point-by-point, preferring instead to vilify the other person and misquote them in order to avoid reasonable discussion.

Hmmm...I wonder if we have any of those types among us? rolleyes.gif

Pooda, Superpower1980, and I AM SCI-FI, unless and until you're ready to actually discuss the matter like intelligent people, I won't be discussing this any further with you three. None of you have yet come to comprehend what I've clearly explained. Actually, I suspect that one of you understands but is simply a troll, the other two are either 12 year olds or just too stupid to be worth talking to. My points have been clearly stated and backed up with valid examples. The intelligent people can see and understand what I'm saying. The other people...well, who cares what they think? rolleyes.gif

There is no room for intelligent discussion with you. I state a comic fact or setup an example of characters attributes and if it doesn't fit into your timeline you go all hogwild over the matter. How is it that because I post a couple of pics as funny examples to what I said makes me unintelligent or having difficulty expressing myself?

I ask you this, how can we discuss anything if you don't recognize 20 to almost 40 years worth of comic book stories? I stated that Aquaman is faster in the sea and you went crazy. There is no discussion if I state a fact and you disregard it altogether.

Aquaman wins this period. Namor in his current state just isn't enough to handle Aquaman. Aquaman now has a magical hand, his fighting skills and attitude have improved. His displays of strength have exceeded Namor's. He is faster in the sea and can control sealife which can aid him, not mention his mental powers can affect Namor, he can't control Namor but he can at least give him a pounding headache. Again, all of these facts were stated but you chose to ignore them and preceeded to rant about how ridiculous comics are.

Darthfoley - there aren't any trolls on these boards, people discuss, sometimes they attack, does that constitute a troll?

• Like 1

This place has more trolls than a @##@@ Tolkien book.

HAHAHAHA!!! No #$##... icon_rolleyes.gif

how is that funny? is this another person for you to suck up to?

Wow?! Another internet tough guy?! :D hahahaha

• Like 1

That makes about as much sense as saying "Blue plus apples equals car tires". If Aquaman has been exercising his leg muscles for 70 years, and he's been swimming at 60 mph for 70 years, it follows logically that he has reached his peak speed. How then do you explain a sudden ability to swim at 6,880 mph? Can you explain that or are you gonna wuss out on me again and ignore your absurd claim? Conversely, if Aquaman's power has atrophied after 70 years due to aging or whatever, how do you explain the sudden boost from 60 mph to 6,880 mph? Is that what constitutes logic and internal consistency in the universe inside your head? Really? :rolleyes:

Another way to explain this is simple. In real life, in the situation of an extreme traumatic event and duress a normal human can take on superhuman qualities, like a parent lifting a car off of a child. This is due to adrenaline and other chemical reactions in the body. Now, take a fictional character that when in rest has superhuman traits, and then put them in an extreme traumatic event they could take on extra-superhuman qualities.

For example when they quote gigantic blocks of text and then add one single poorly written non-sentence in reply,...

Why type out a long elaborate response when a short, unpretentious reply will do?

I remember reading about how a these two guys at a convention literally started screaming at each other "hulk" "thor" louder & louder & then they started fighting LOL

Aquaman's powers according to Dc.wikia, now his speed is corrected from Wikipedia but he is still more than twice as fast as Namor in the sea and is as strong as Namor, plus he has a host of extra powers/senses. The below gives a better explanation of his mental abilities. Now Xorr, please read the below and let us know what you think.

Powers

Atlantean Biological Adaptation: The Atlanteans are an offshoot of humanity that is biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. For most Atlanteans, this means that can breathe underwater, endure the pressures of the deep (among other adaptations), and can only spend a very limited time out of water. He also possesses superhuman levels of strength, speed, endurance and durability, all by-products of his body being adapted to survive unprotected in the tremendous pressures of the ocean depths. Although other Atlanteans possess similar adaptations, Aquaman is super-Atlantean as well as super-human, and as such he has greater physical capabilities than does a typical Atlantean.

• Amphibious Nature: Aquaman, as an Atlantean, and the son of a wizard and Atlantean queen, can breathe both water and air, but must return to the aquatic environment at various intervals; this length can be prolonged by the humidity in the atmosphere.

• Enhanced Sight: His ability to see in the murky depths of the ocean allows him exceptional night vision while on land. He has claimed that his eyes are adapted to see at 6,000 fathoms (or 36,000 feet below the surface of the water).

• Enhanced Hearing: several times more acute than human capacity.

• Enhanced Smell: several times more acute than human capacity.

• Superhuman Strength: Aquaman possesses superhuman strength on the order of 150 times human maximum, but his strength is always underrated, considering the company that he keeps. His strength is more than a match for most barriers such as wood, metals, brick or concrete walls. Only extremely durable metal reinforced barriers, have any chance of slowing him for any length of time. Aquaman frequently displays feats of Super-Atlantian (the average Atlantian can lift/press approximately 2 tons) and Superhuman strength. While not on par with Superman, he has proven capable of performing standing high jumps of 4 stories (both on land and from water), lifting and throwing a tank (at least 25 tons), and even managed to hold out for an incredible length of time against Wonder Woman in combat. His strength would appear somewhat dependent on how hydrated he is as he was capable of lifting a considerable chunk of a city block in Sub-Diego (which would weigh thousands of tons at least), and has proven capable of shifting an oil rig platform which would weigh thousands of tons as well.

• Superhuman Endurance: Aquaman possesses strength and stamina that allows him to swim up to 150 mph for at least a 4 hour period without significant breaks for rest or recuperation. If he wished to extend this period of travel at reduced speeds he could "ride" or be towed by dolphins or other swimmers until he was rested.

• Superhuman Durability: Aquaman's enhanced physiology enables him to withstand impacts that would kill and ordinary human, and critically injure an average Atlantean. He has been seen in ocean depths as deep as 20,000 feet (3.79 miles) below the surface of the water. That amount of pressure is 800 atmospheres, which is enough to turn an ordinary human into a smear of blood and bone dust. It seems that Aquaman has been able to travel as deep as 36,000 feet (6.82 miles) considering that he claims that his eyes have been adapted to see at that depth. He is not completely durable against large fire arms, and is able to take a direct hit by small arms fire without incapacitation.

• Superhuman Speed: Said to be the fastest thing underwater, he is capable of swimming at a consistent speed of 150 knots (175mph) for several hours. Aquaman can travel at much faster speeds for short "sprints." He has also been seen swimming at 10,000 feet per second. It's unknown how long he can keep up that amount of speed though. With his incredible speed in the water, Aquaman is able to create giant whirlpools.

• Superhuman Reflexes: While no speedster, Aquaman's reflexes are superior to even exceptional metahumans such as Deathstroke the Terminator, and his reflexes are on the order of 12-15 times faster than a normal human. Aquaman is probably the greatest swimmer in the world. Easily the better of any Olympic level athlete.

Marine Telepathy: Aquaman has the ability to communicate directly with sea life and has done so throughout most of his life. Lately he possesses a greater range of control that can actually force sea creatures to obey his whims. Currently, he requests their assistance and they comply. He has chosen to continue to request since, if he forces them to comply, they will ultimately lose respect for him. He now also has access to a quantum field phenomenon called "the Clear". "The Clear" quantum phenomenon has been observed with the subject called the Swamp Thing who called it the Green or the Morphogenic Field of Animal Man (also called the Red). Aquaman is also an accomplished telepath in general and can perform such telepathic feats as mind to mind communication, mind probes, mental domination of a non-aquatic mind, and mental attacks. The potency of such mental domination is unclear but he has been seen to use his powers to great effect against the White Martians and Doctor Polaris.

Access to the Clear: Aquaman has the ability to sense the primal emotions of aquatic creatures through "The Clear". The Clear seems to function as a universal consciousness of all sea life. Via it he can communicate or command sea life on the other side of the planet. He can see what they see and much more what he is only beginning to realise. He can also push his telepathic powers to reach out to the higher land creatures to find that element of their brains that was once an aquatic dwelling creature. This may account for Aquaman's facility with language.

Energy-Heat Resistance: Aquaman is extremely resistant to energy/heat based attacks as he has with stood multiple blasts from Amazo's heat vision, Black Manta's heat beams, and energy blasts from an Omac.

Sonar Location: A sonar power which allows Aquaman to detect things when blinded. A possible side effect of his gift from Posidon or from the nature of his advanced mental powers, Aquaman can use this sonar-like sense to detect objects much as a dolphin might. The range of this power is unknown.

Water Sense: He has a sixth sense of "feeling" flowing water over 47 feet away through any kind of surface or material and in any direction.

Superhuman Equilibrium

Sorcery: His mutation into the dweller of the Deep through a bargin with ancient sea gods gave him untold amounts of powerful ancient magics.

Abilities

Master Swimmer: Aquaman is a master swimmer. Perhaps the greatest there is.

Expert Combatant: Aquaman excels at hand-to-hand combat and overall martial ability.

Expert Tactician: He has an advanced strategic sense, and has natural leadership qualities.

Accomplished Diplomat: His natural autocratic nature does not suit him well in environments where democracy is an issue but Orin is a natural commander and his ability has served him well in the protection of Posidonis.

Strength level

An approximation of Aquaman's strength would put his lifting/pressing capacity of at least over 60 tons while on land, depending on how long he has been out of water. While hydrated sufficiently, Aquaman has twice proven capable of lifting weights in excess of 10,000 tons.

Weaknesses

Water Deprivation: Aquaman must return to water after a period of time or he will weaken.

Waterbearer Abuse: Overuse of the Waterbearer Hand for violent means will cause the Thirst to attack the Secret Sea.

editParaphernalia

Weapons

• Waterbearer Hand: given to him by the Lady of the Lake. The hand was magical in nature and possessed various abilities.

• Molecular Manipulation: Aquaman can alter the shape and density of the hand.
  • Healing: It possesses healing properties.
  • Death Touch
  • Farsight: Can be used as a scrying pool.
  • Negate Magic: Can negate any other magics.
  • Prolong Adaptation: Significantly increases the time Aquaman can spend out of water.
  • Independent Life: The hand can be separated from Aquaman and continue to work.
  • Amplifies Telepathy

• Cybernetic Hand (formerly): Aquaman's left hand was eaten by piranha and was replaced with a harpoon. When that harpoon was later destroyed, S.T.A.R. Labs engineered a multifunction prosthetic. Its primary weapon, a retractable harpoon, could be drawn into its casing to be temporarily replaced with a prosthetic hand. The harpoon line was made of a tungsten steel cable that was capable of supporting 2 tons without breaking. It also was equipped with the ability to carry an powerful electrical charge. The harpoon, made of a high-grade hardened vanadium-titanium alloy, could be made to spin at high speeds and act as a drill, launched at an opponent to entangle them, or to wrap around an object to prevent a fall. Later, Orin had a new prosthetic hand that functioned as his normal hand does, but it was able to form limited types of bladed weapons with a direct application of his will. The material is unknown, and the source of that hand has not been revealed.

• Harpoon: normally had a harpoon attached to a retractable line that he could use to fire at ranged targets.

• Cybernetic Weapon Alteration: Could be altered to form weapons

• Trident of Poseidon.

76500-91922-aquaman_super.jpg