Dr. Fate vs. Dr. Strange

pooda

By the Prostitute Madame of Hogwarts, this is a tough one!

Fate looks cooler.

Strange would envoke the spirit that makes Fate, and use Fates power against him(kinda like strange did to In-Betweener).

• Like 1

If it's the "classic" incarnations of both characters, then I'd give this to Dr. Strange. Fate is arguably more powerful, but Strange has made a career out of beating things more powerful than he is. As someone above noted, Strange would likely call upon the Lords of Chaos and Order to turn on Fate, or separate the spirit of Nabu from the helm, or whatever. Strange is also, on the whole, more clever than Fate usually tends to be.

If it were current Strange vs. current Fate...it's really hard to say. It's not quite clear just how "weakened" Strange is nor how powerful the newest Dr. Fate is.

Oh dear lord, that's what I get for posting at 3AM! @bH@:D

I meant to say that Dr. Fate is the reincarnation (or would it be incarnation?) of an Egyptian god, so I give it to Dr. Fate. Easily. They're both powerful, and I really like Dr. Strange (one of my all time fave Marvel characters) but I really don't see Dr. Strange being able to defeat Dr. Fate. Strange may be the sorcerer supreme, but Dr. Fate is more on Dormammu's level.

If we're talking about Kent Nelson as Doctor Fate then I have to say Doctor Fate (and it's "DOCTOR!" Never "Dr.") easily beats Dr. Strange. Unfortunately the helmet of Nabu has been kicked around like an unwanted plague-carrying football. Everyone in the DCU has gotten to wear it for five minutes.

1. Kent Nelson was trained in the mystic arts since he was a little kid. Stephen Strange was already a middle-aged adult when he decided to dabble in the same trade.

2. Nabu actually inhabits the helmet Doctor Fate wears so in a fight, Dr. Strange would actually be fighting TWO mystical entities and not just one!

3. Doctor Fate is a Lord of Order whereas Stephen Strange is a disgruntled quack who learned a couple of card tricks from an old chinaman on a mountain.