SDCC DC Universe exclusive?

Wow, they really know how to aggravate the poo poo right out of you, don't they? lol Orko, which I want more than most regular MOTUC figures, my favorite DC character and my most wanted BAF, Starro, all exclusives. Even though its not a BAF.

Plas looks great. Cartoon likeness Orko does too. I definitely want a Plas with everything they made for him, but I don't know if I care about the color change feature on Orko. I think I'd rather have one without that color change feature.

Anybody going to SDCC? I'll treat you to the exclusive of your choice if you can get me the stuff I wantbiggrin.gif

Adam is going to be released as a regular figure & I'm sure orko will be along side him, he just won't change color or anything :S

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Everyone,   I heard that the SDCC exclusive this year would be plasticman. I was hoping anyone could confirm.   Thanks Joshua

Hey Everyone,   Metron w/chair would be cool, though I'd really like it to be Plastic Man so we can finish with the super powers line. Nice to know i'm so popular around here, maybe this topic was

im buying EVERY character in the DCU.

Posted Images

From Opticon

Figured this deserved its own thread, rather than getting lost in the other one. From Toyguru via the Matty forums.

Hey toy fans,

Part 1 of what will be a 2 part story on Mattel's SDCC exclusives just aired on G4's Attack of the Show. Big thanks to Blair and the whole AOTS crew who were a pleasure to work with.

Since not all the sound bites made it into the final aired cut, here are a few more tid bits on the exclusives revealed thus far:

Mo-Larr vs. Skeletor.

This box set will be $40.00 both at SDCC and on Mattycollector.com after the show (no change to product). Mo-Larr will come with all his tools including his #$^&@ drill and his floss. Skeletor features a new toothless face and comes with his Havok Staff, Power Sword and half Power Sword. The pack out is truly epic as designed by Ray Makowski. It includes Skeletor's massage chair and magazine collection as chip art. Also features brand new bios supplied by the gang at Robot Chicken!

Orko (with Prince Adam)

So here is the first of our SDCC items that will be different after the show. The version of Orko at SDCC will feature color change when you dip him in warm water. His magic book also show the SDCC logo in hot water. The version sold on MattyCollector.com after the show will not be color change (on Orko or the book) but both version will include his stand, wand and book as well as a pack in Prince Adam with two heads (He-Man and new Prince Adam smirk) as well as a purple Power Sword and half purple Power Sword.

The bio on the back belongs to Orko as this is his figure. Adam is his accessory! The only difference between the SDCC version and the Mattycollector.com version is the color change feature. $25.00

A lot of fans have asked "why Orko for SDCC?" Well, simple. We chose Orko because we wanted to go with a more 'A' list MOTU character who would draw in fans otherwise unfamiliar with the current line. In the past our SDCC items have been a bit more obscure in character selection so we deliberately went the other way this year. Also, since Orko was larger then a "standard" accessory we had no way to fit him into a monthly $20.00 figure structure. But by pairing him with Adam we could do a unique structure for a unique price ($25.00) at the show. One of the whole points of a SDCC item is to get PR for a line and to do an item that wouldn't fit into the standard line due to size, theme etc... This fit the bill in a lot of ways!

Plastic Man

Plasti comes with a ton of accessories and does everything plastic can do. He has standard arms, stretchy arms, snap on stretch parts like a fly swatter and paddle ball. He also has a snap on bendy neck piece and a spring snap on leg piece.

And only at SDCC you can get Plastic Man as a suit case (similar to Gleek). you can even snap on his arms and head to the suitcase as if he has been "shopping at SDCC". Open the case up for an extra surprise.

Plastic Man will be on Mattycollector.com after the show, but the suitcase is only a gift with purchase at SDCC. $20.00

Starro DC 75th pack.

The grand daddy of our SDCC items for this year. This pack is a recreation of the classic Brave and the Bold cover and features light and sounds as well as the voice of Batman actor Kevin Conroy. Each figure in the set has a recorded description just like a museum display with Kevin describing the origin of each character. It is an incredible package designed by Frank Varela.

And as a bonus, only at SDCC will you get a polly bag set of four 6" scale Starro Spores that work with most DCUC action figures! The Starro Spores are only available at the show as a gift with purchase! $50.00

We'll have more SDCC exclusives to reveal Thursday night and the whole list (including some not on the show) will be up on MattyCollector.com on Friday.

See you all in San Diego!

Scott

Well, I want them all but doubt I will be able to afford all of them, especially if I go the ebay route.

MOTUC - I for sure want this set, will get the SDCC and keep in package and attempt to order Orko from MATTYCOLLECTOR.

DCUC - Plasticman is a goofy bastard, when I saw that smile I started cracking up. Again, I want both versions.

DCIH - I stopped collecting these crappy figures but the set looks really nice. I wouldn't mind having a set but its a toss up.

Now I may be wrong but isn't Tytus scheduled for June and isn't the SDCC in June, I don't remember the actual dates, can anyone confirm?

DCUC - Plasticman is a goofy bastard, when I saw that smile I started cracking up. Again, I want both versions.

its only one fig.

The SDCC version is different from the regular version, the suitecase version will stay in package while the regular Matty version will be opened.

its only one fig.

The SDCC version is different from the regular version, the suitecase version will stay in package while the regular Matty version will be opened.

When did this information change?!? I thought that the suitcase was a "complimentary gift" for those making purchases at SDCC, and that was the only way you could get one. Ohhhhh, wait, wait, I see what you're saying, you're talking about what you plan to do with them... keep the comicon one in the pack with the suitcase and open the matty site one. At any rate, Pooda's still right, it's the same figure, either way one purchases it. AFAIK. He wasn't right about Plas being weak, tho! hahah Plas rules! I'd love to open the suitcase and see a Woozy sculpted in there as a stowaway. That probably ain't gonna happen, tho. But please, no Hula-Hula.

Edit: I thought about it, and now I'm wondering if you're sure that the suitcase will even be inside the packaging of the SDCC version or if it will just be in a sealed bag or something, since I'm assuming that's how you mean one version will be different from the other. I'm guessing there's only one style of packaging and the suitcase will be in a polybag, but if you have other info plmk as I'm looking forward to Plas and would like to know exactly.

its only one fig.

When did this information change?!? I thought that the suitcase was a "complimentary gift" for those making purchases at SDCC, and that was the only way you could get one. Ohhhhh, wait, wait, I see what you're saying, you're talking about what you plan to do with them... keep the comicon one in the pack with the suitcase and open the matty site one. At any rate, Pooda's still right, it's the same figure, either way one purchases it. AFAIK. He wasn't right about Plas being weak, tho! hahah Plas rules! I'd love to open the suitcase and see a Woozy sculpted in there as a stowaway. That probably ain't gonna happen, tho.

Edit: I thought about it, and now I'm wondering if you're sure that the suitcase will even be inside the packaging of the SDCC version or if it will just be in a sealed bag or something, since I'm assuming that's how you mean one version will be different from the other. I'm guessing there's only one style of packaging and the suitcase will be in a polybag, but if you have other info plmk as I'm looking forward to Plas and would like to know exactly.

I don't know the full details just yet. If it is done like last year then we will see if there is a difference as to how the suitcase is presented. I can't wait to get Plasticman, he is cool when used properly. To me he is one of those characters who can go the way of camp or be really good.

Plus, he is the most powerful stretchy dude.......Elongated Man and Mr Fantastic can't do the level of things Plas can, he is more than really plastic, he can become complex things as well as separate pieces of himself.

Cool... definitely want Plastic Man, but I don't need the suitcase.

I'd get Starro... but only if I could get the convention exclusive with the little Starros. Otherwise it's a pass for me.

Well I'm sooo glad that the exclusive is Plasticman. The DCD Justice version is really superior in most regards. The dcd spring acc. looks much more convincing and allows for waist movement. The figure has ball joint shoulders and bendyarms, ball joint head. I don't care for the legs with the limited articulation which is why i only display it with the spring. Overall much better then the con exclusive. i only regret that the dcd version doesn't have an ab hinge but with the spring it's really not an issue.

I'm sure the completists will want this exclusive, but i'm happy i don't feel the need for this figure.

Starro's on another hand look cool. I would think Mattel will repack the little starros with DCU figures sometime in the future, so i'm not dying to spend the $ for these little guys just yet. I guess i would pay 10-15 for the starro's on ebay but that's really it. So far I'm happy with the exclusives b/c i don't really feel the need to have these just yet.

regards

Joshua

The suitcase won't be in the package. It's going to be handed to you like Gleek last year. Don't forget to make sure they have some when you buy! Last year some people at SDCC didn't get Gleek.

I'm hoping they learned a lesson from last years debacle

Can anyone tell me how I get tickets for SDCC 2010?? I really want to go and I do not know how to get tickets since I have never been. Please help!!!!

It's sold out. this year it sold out quicker than last year.

here is the site http://www.comic-con.org/cci/

So if it is sold out can I get tickets from anyone else or do they not transfer?

sometimes sdcc in june they ebay any bqdges left over or cancelations.......if not buying on ebay for 200-300a badge is the only option.....and no they stopped doing transfers, so u have to buy them on ebay from a 3rd party u pretty much have to meet them the day of badge pick ups.

Well at least they made it harder to sell tickets lol! JJ have you ever sold ticket ? @loll@ maybe that is the hot new thing to sell! I should buy like 3 & sell them at $400 each & pay for my trip there haha

@smilepunch@