SDCC DC Universe exclusive?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Everyone,   I heard that the SDCC exclusive this year would be plasticman. I was hoping anyone could confirm.   Thanks Joshua

Hey Everyone,   Metron w/chair would be cool, though I'd really like it to be Plastic Man so we can finish with the super powers line. Nice to know i'm so popular around here, maybe this topic was

im buying EVERY character in the DCU.

Posted Images

I'm ready for a break from the New Gods, but I'd love a Metron with a Moebius Chair.

Regarding the topic, why would anyone give the opening post a minus for asking this question? As of this writing, he's got a -3!!!

Hey Everyone,

Metron w/chair would be cool, though I'd really like it to be Plastic Man so we can finish with the super powers line.

Nice to know i'm so popular around here, maybe this topic was already brought up? I don't know, I was just looking for a confirmation.

regards

Joshua

• Like 5

I'm ready for a break from the New Gods, but I'd love a Metron with a Moebius Chair.

Regarding the topic, why would anyone give the opening post a minus for asking this question? As of this writing, he's got a -3!!!

Hey Everyone,

Metron w/chair would be cool, though I'd really like it to be Plastic Man so we can finish with the super powers line.

Nice to know i'm so popular around here, maybe this topic was already brought up? I don't know, I was just looking for a confirmation.

regards

Joshua

Its not you, we just have some very immature little idiots that like to neg someone for no reason. The thing is so freaking stupid..... to bad im a mod or I bet Id have like -5 within the next few minutes @loll@

Draven

Hey Everyone,

regards

Joshua

Dont worry dude, I upped you. I didnt see it right for people to give you negative feedback on you asking a question.

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

regards

Joshua

dont worry dude, i put a positive too. the negatives are gone now.

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

I heard that the SDCC exclusive this year would be plasticman. I was hoping anyone could confirm.

Thanks

Joshua

So far, the only thing confirmed is that the figure (whoever it is) will come with five accessories, one of which will be exclusive to SDCC, and not sold when the figure goes to Matty.

according to Matty's facebook, the exclusive will be revealed on Attack of the Show on G4 later this month...Lame...

What's going to be this years "Gleek" for Mattel? A con only exclusive of Mr. Mxyzptlk? Maybe skip DC and screw MOTUC fans with a separate bagged Orko? Elusive exclusive Baby Oscar for the Ghostbusters? @hmmm@

It will probably be Plastic Man, but I wish that it wouldn't be. Plas is one of the most important, unique characters to ever come from comics, and it would be a shame to have people bickering and worse over one, or at least a complete one, if the thing about the assorted attachments turns out to be the case. It's one thing to take a (sorry, Gleek fans, but let's face it, in the grand scheme of things, rather insignificant) character like Gleek and cause so many people to be upset because of the difficulty in obtaining one. But to create a situation like that with a character with such a rich history and legacy like Plas is, to me, in poor taste. Yes, I'm a big Plastic Man fan, and I'll buy one on ebay or whereever if I can get one, but I'll be shaking my head because it will be sad and disappointing if they make a big mess of it. I suppose it will be good if they make at least enough of the figure itself to go around. But most collectors are going to want a sample complete with every accessory that was made for him, and Mattel seems to produce limited quantities of what almost everyone can always guess are going to be certain very desirable items. The idea of deliberately making some of the attachments some sort of nerd status symbols is kind of sickening to me. Being the character that he is, Plastic Man could also lend himself well to some clever, sophisticated packaging design, and if they do something neat enough it would be one of those rare cases where I'd want to keep the packaging, as well.

• Like 4

I hope its Plas, that way I can just get one off Matty and be done with it. Unlike the twins with Gleek (which I will probally never own due to my amazing cheapness...lol) Plas would only have an exclusive add onnot an extra character. Oooh big wooptee to me, I can deal with out another add on. As it is I usually pack up all of the extra arms and such in my DC parts box as I only display figs. And while yes in the grand scheme of things Gleek is minor, for those of us that grew up with the Super Friends he is an important part of the franchise.

If it was Metron and they made his chair an exclusive, oh man heads would roll. You think gleek was bad, that would be downright ugly.

If this is true then I say thank you mattel for listening to fans. Make the exclusives have an extra arm or deco, not a whole new character or art book that I cant buy except for highly inflated prices on ebay.