bluecyclone

Tron Legacy Toys

Discuss all things TRON & TRON Legacy here.

I first found out at last year's San Diego Comic Con(SDCC) that Spinmaster Toys has the license and was well underway with the new Tron Legacy line. This was also confirmed through Spinmaster reps that I met and an actual designer of the line that posts on TronSector.com . Some prototype toys were shown at the UK Toy Fair in January. Links to the UK review can be seen here: http://www.toyshopuk.co.uk/brands/tron/ and http://www.toyshopuk.co.uk/reviews/tron-projection-figure/. While the prototype toys were shown at the UK Toy Fair, they were not shown at the NY Toy Fair.

All of the reps that I've spoken to from Spinmaster say that the toys will be released in October. The film is scheduled to be released Dec. 17th.

Spinmaster reps have also confirmed 2 exclusives at SDCC this year!

Not to mention that Mindstyle will be releasing some SDCC Tron exclusives of their own

Stitch-TRON-blog.JPG

See the info here: http://www.mindstyle.com/blog/?p=1903 & http://www.mindstyle.com/blog/?cat=162

Yesterday the first image from the new Legacy toy line surfaced on TronSector.com, the Deluxe Light Disc

disc.jpg

This year looks to be a great one for TRON fans!!!

New image of a 2011 Tron Legacy Calendar on Amazon:

51017eRdjRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I want South Park Tron figures.

Tron Legacy Light Cycle Ornament

qxd1153_detail.jpg

- Light Cycle

Bring the sci-fi cool factor to your tree with one of the advanced vehicles of the cyber universe.

See the Light Cycle illuminate. Battery operated. By Orville Wilson. 4 1/2" W.

$16.95 USA QXD1153

Available in October.

Medicom 2010 SDCC Exclusive Tron Bearbrick $12

96127_272556_9.jpg

TRON BEARBRICK 2010 SDCC VERSION

A Japanese import! Medicom celebrates Comic-Con International with a true fan release. The Tron Be@rbrick harkens back to the original 1981 Tron release by Tomy. Even the blister packaging has been respectfully revised to resemble that of the original release. This is only available to fans at SDCC!

LIMITED TO 1,500 PIECES.

You beat me to it, thanks JayC!! ;)

SDCC Exclusives

Sam's Light Cycle (Diecast)- Limited to 3000 $5

sdcc1.jpg

Vintage Figure - Limited to 1500 $40

sdcc2.jpg

Electric Tiki Classic Heroes Tron Statue

tron1.jpg

tron2.jpg

Electric Tiki Design presents the 20th character in it's ongoing salute to "Classic Heroes," TRON. TRON stands approximately 14" tall and is in 1/6th scale as to fit with previous Electric Tiki Classic Heroes statues. Designed by Rubén Procopio and Tracy Mark Lee and sculpted by Rubén Procopio and Bryan Wynia, this is Electric Tiki's first statue sculpted digitally. Appropriate, considering the subject.

These look great but I heard they were making a 3 3/4" series. I hope so as that is my favorite scale? Any word on that?

This was just posted here and these look amazing!!!

Tron Legacy Toys

I had no intention of buying these until I saw this. I liked the old toys but like most movie lines I thought this would be another bust, I am glad to say I was wrong!

Spinmaster has confirmed there will be 3 scales of figures:

3.75" (basic light-up figures along with vehicles)

7.5" (projection figures, with light up talking faces)

12" Sam Flynn

Entertainment Earth has all of the toys up for pre-order:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?company=Spin+Master&theme=Tron&searchorder=com

More toy images have been added on Entertainment Earth's pre-order page. Here is an overview posted on tron-sector.com

tronmerchandisetspost.jpg

Here's a look at some of the new TRON: LEGACY toys created by Spin Master which will be released this fall -- some of which are being seen here for the first time: from left to right -- Sam Flynn Ultimate 12-Inch Action Figure, Deluxe Identity Disc Replica, Light Runner Vehicle (seen here with Kevin Flynn and Sam action figures), Light Cycle Pursuit Track Set, Deluxe Light Cycle Vehicle (seen here with warrior action figure), Die Cast Vehicles 1:50 Scale, Light Cycle vehicle, Coliseum Disc Shooter set, and the Recognizer Playset (which holds the die cast vehicles).

Flynn Mini Bust by Grand Jester- $75 (4th Quarter release)

flynnbust.jpg

Series 1 of the 3.75" figures and Sam's Disc found at multiple ToysR Us' here in Southern California.

IMG_20100901_095947.jpg

IMG_20100902_102444.jpg

Happy Hunting!!!

Target DPCI #s

7" Figures [$14.99]............................087-06-2220

Lightcycle Track [$19.99]...................087-06-2221

Diecast Assortment [$3.99]................087-06-2222

Lightcycle Launch Baton [$14.99].......087-06-2223

Light Disc [$7.99].............................087-06-2224

Lightcycle Assortment [$19.99].........087-06-2225

Recognizer Playset [$19.99].............087-06-2226

Collisium Disc Shooter [$19.99]........087-06-2227

12" Figures [$39.99].........................087-06-2228

2" Figure Packs [$4.99]....................087-06-2229

Deluxe Light Disc [$14.99]................087-06-2231

Kevin Flynn's Light Cycle found at Toys R Us this morning!!

flynncycle.jpg

$14.99 each

Aw man - sweet! I have to get my hands on that version 2.0 light cycle. I'm still holding out hope that they'll make a 1.0 version (red, blue and yellow) a little later in the line for some retro fun.