latest MU 3.75

kiba

Finally completed the latest series of Marvel Universe 3.75 !! Found modern thor,bucky and vintage capt.america,and it only took three weeks!(yay?)I had found luke cage and extremis iron-pants(along with a series 1 jean grey) fairly early but these last 3 were just murder to find.Ive preordered the juggernaut wave although with a $70 pricetag + shipping i almost break even driving 50+ miles burning up gas,and MAYBE find them all. cannot find the big figure+reg 2-figure packs no wheres though ! buckycap!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone find that the latest wave (and Marvel Universe figures in general) are really hard to find? I figured with the smaller size and relatively high price point (almost $8.00), that Marvel Universe figures would be warming the pegs. However, the opposite seems to be true in my area. Everything seems to be bought up fairly quickly, with only a couple of pegwarmers like Human Torch left.

I wonder how well MU is doing for Hasbro...

PharmV

• Like 1

I like this line, but I really think that it's only the collectors that are buying it. Around Christmas all the Walmarts near me put out a lot of MU figures and they seemed to sell, but you really can't tell because of the Christmas buying frenzy. 2010 wave 1 came out about that time, but since Walmarts had just put out a lot od refresher cases many didn't get a lot of this wave. Since then I have never seen wave 1 again and while I have started to see wave 2 pop up here and there at Walmarts I have yet to see any 2010 figure at Target, Kmart or TRU. Ant the figures that all those stores do have are sitting there and have been for months. SO I think at the current price point that collector are buying the new figures when they see them and no one else is buying them at all.

Marvel Universe is currently the only line I actively collect and I haven't seen the last two waves at all besides that ugly Jim Lee Wolverine from 1, Vision because I bought him off of ebay and Etremis Iron Man. meanwhile the stores around here are all loaded with MU Iron Man's that aren't moving because he has his own line jam packed right next to the MU's. wack!

yeah, my local walmarts have older stuff and absolutely none of the larger figures. And even driving 30-50 miles out to other Walmarts or TRUs and Targets is usually a crapshoot. An interesting observation, i have yet; in the 9 years that ive been collecting, actually seen another collector buying or even looking at figures! Stuff just magically disappears off the shelves !

yeah, my local walmarts have older stuff and absolutely none of the larger figures. And even driving 30-50 miles out to other Walmarts or TRUs and Targets is usually a crapshoot. An interesting observation, i have yet; in the 9 years that ive been collecting, actually seen another collector buying or even looking at figures! Stuff just magically disappears off the shelves !

Scalpers like to come really early... They dont like to be seen... LOL...

• 1 month later...

Does anyone find that the latest wave (and Marvel Universe figures in general) are really hard to find?

Not really, until this latest wave. I've had a heck of a time finding new Thor.

Like you, I was hoping that distribution would be better with Hasbro than they were with Toy Biz, and they were at first, but right now, I'm looking for 6" War Machine, 4" Hulkbuster, and several MU's, so all of a sudden, it feels like Hasbro is not doing so great at distribution.

is there a variant black widow? found two at walmarts and they look completely different

yes there is. one is blonde and one is a red head. the blonde is the variant.

this is what i found- different head, outfit and gun

post-11753-12756628186446_thumb.jpg

post-11753-12756628686942_thumb.jpg

looks like the baroness

I actually talked to the worker at my local (and only one on the island) TRU, and asked if there were anymore MU in the back other than the ugly ones they had out (Electro, Ironman, and Spideys galore!). She used her handy dandy scanner thing and found that there were two more cases in the back. She brought them out and let me have first dibs. I realized just how dumb the disto is for the cases. 1 Black Widow, 2 Thors, 2 Bucky's, 1 Green Goblin, and the rest Ironman and Luke Cage. It was pretty ridiculous. I grabbed a just one Widow out of all that mess. I had just found Thor the day before, and didn't want Bucky, and had no need for the others, so I helped her put everything up on the pegs. I'm sure if I went back tomorrow, there would only be those same sorry figs that were there before she brought out the cases. Oh, and two more Green Goblins.

I guess long story short, it could never hurt to ask the employees for some help. The worst that can happen is they tell you there is nothing else left, and then you're no worse off than you were before.

• 1 month later...

Hi I am new to this forum and I do not have any Marvel figures what so ever , but want to start a collection . Does any one know what the best three pack Marvel Universe is out and their top ten figures ? Thanks .

Hi I am new to this forum and I do not have any Marvel figures what so ever , but want to start a collection . Does any one know what the best three pack Marvel Universe is out and their top ten figures ? Thanks .

three pack? well theres the spiderman, firestar, and iceman at toysrus. i'd check your target right now because they have an exclusive 2 pack out right now. with classic ironman/black panther, modern iroman/punisher and wolverine/red ninja and spiderman/green goblin. they should have the new wave with colossus, juggernaut, kitty pyrde, and havok and some henchman dude.

But what are your top three out of :

HobGoblin

GreenGoblin

Iron Man Extremis Armor

Iron Man Silver Centurion Armor

Dark Colored Spider Man [ Not Black Suit SpiderMan . ]

Luke Cage

Human Torch Flame Off

But what are your top three out of :

HobGoblin

GreenGoblin

Iron Man Extremis Armor

Iron Man Silver Centurion Armor

Dark Colored Spider Man [ Not Black Suit SpiderMan . ]

Luke Cage

Human Torch Flame Off

are those the only figs you can find? *shurgs* take what you can get. i'm lucky cus i started on the first day of the release save for bullseye. heck i have a flames on human torch. which is rare i think.

Yeah . My area sucks when it comes to figures . Or even just toys in general . There are barely any series 2 in my area .