You All Want to Get Back At Mattel - Here's How To Do It

Firestorm

I never said it would solve the problem. I said you're a hypocrite if you keep ripping Mattel for the same thing over and over again then go right back for more. And SP knows it, which is why the bottom right corner of everyone's screen is dark red.

First off the bottom right of my corner is dark red also, i guess I just added negatives to myself? Many people are placing them all around, if it was up to me they should remove the feature altogether. Secondly, its not hypocritical, again you miss the point. We want to buy the figures from Mattel and will continue to try per the circumstances and at the same time complain,rant,speak out to Mattel hoping they will change their system. You don't understand the word hypocritical so don't use it.

Everything you said was true. All that stuff is small potatoes compared to HW and Barbie. And if people stopped buying the other stuff Mattel would cancel it.

But this crap with Mattel has been going on for a long time now. They don't care. It's obvious they fulfill enough to say they're doing things just fine.

It is crap, but if changes do come and they are positive, please be honest and thank us because it won't be because of people like you.

Is it really that bad, though? I know the quick sell-outs stink, but we all know Mattel will most likely release the figures again later down the road. If the DC/MOTUC two-packs take off, maybe we'll see more MOTUC figures at retail down the line, so you don't have to go through the hassle of ordering through their website. Mattel does offer a subscription service so you would be guaranteed all the figures, and you can just sell off the figures you don't want (and probably for a nice profit, too.)

Personally, the subscription thing doesn't work for me because I probably would only be interested in one or two figures per year. However, I've been able to get some MOTUC figures from people on this message board without having to pay crazy Ebay prices. Just check the trading forums once in a while. In fact, last time I checked, RJones is selling several MOTUC figures for only $26 each shipped!

I think Mattel has been pretty good to collectors overall. You just have to be a little patient, that's all.

PharmV

Firestorm is just another one of these "Mattel sucks until I get what I want" whiners that are ruining this board. He has proven it in spades.

Mattel survived Gleek. Mattel survived Hal Jordan. Mattel will survive Moss Man. Because people like Firestorm can't or won't step back and take their money elsewhere.

The bottom line is this: Mattel can't be that bad of a company if you're constantly buying its product. End of issue. If you're complaining about Mattel constantly and still collecting its merchandise you are a hypocrite. Also end of issue.

BTW, as a sidebar, you gotta love this reputation thing. The only negatives I get are when I speak the truth about the toy company people love to buy from and then complain about. I know it's anonymous but I'm willing to bet that it's from allegedly adult collectors like Firestorm that can't handle the revelation of their blatant hypocrisy.

No one is saying or claiming that Mattel is losing money or failing, your point stating otherwise is moot. You see, your quite silly because you totally miss the origin of the claim. People aren't complaining because they don't want product, they want to buy the dang products but they can't. Because I can't get their product and I complain about lack of availability I am a hypocrite?.....dude you don't know the meaning of the word.

Regarding the negatives, we actually do agree....well not that you speak the truth....but that people are placing these like crazy. I say we do away with them altogether.

who do i think i am? who do you think you are? who does anyone who says anything about whatever think they are? listen to yourself. you feel that we should stop doing to you, what youre doing to mattel? were just simply saying that complaining is one thing, but whining is an whole other issue. complaints are legit.(usually, as theyre mostly formed around a persons opinion) whining is just whining. no one is really trying for a solution, theyre just going on and on about not liking mattel. you do realize that youre trying to order a hot, very limited product from a company that allows you to order up to 10 of them at a time, right? i just feel that people should listen to their own complaints and ready themselves for disappointment. were adults. we have disscussions about this stuff all of the time. we should know what were getting into. should ordering from matty be hard? no. is ordering from matty hard? at times...yes. im just saying that we CHOOSE to collect. MOTUC is mattels game. if you want to play, then you play by their rules. that might not sit well with some of you, but its the truth. if you want to keep going on the issue, be my guest. i KNOW that mattel will reissue these figs again. hell, theyll probablly reissue them again after that. mattel just wants to make sure that they sell most(if not all) of what they produce. ITS A MARKETING PLOY! get back at mattel? why? theyre learning. besides dolls, cars, and toys aimed at kids, mattel is fairly new to the "action figure collector" world. would you complain if they just stopped producing ANY motuc figures?

Firestorm is just another one of these "Mattel sucks until I get what I want" whiners that are ruining this board. He has proven it in spades.

Mattel survived Gleek. Mattel survived Hal Jordan. Mattel will survive Moss Man. Because people like Firestorm can't or won't step back and take their money elsewhere.

The bottom line is this: Mattel can't be that bad of a company if you're constantly buying its product. End of issue. If you're complaining about Mattel constantly and still collecting its merchandise you are a hypocrite. Also end of issue.

BTW, as a sidebar, you gotta love this reputation thing. The only negatives I get are when I speak the truth about the toy company people love to buy from and then complain about. I know it's anonymous but I'm willing to bet that it's from allegedly adult collectors like Firestorm that can't handle the revelation of their blatant hypocrisy.

No one is saying or claiming that Mattel is losing money or failing, your point stating otherwise is moot. You see, your quite silly because you totally miss the origin of the claim. People aren't complaining because they don't want product, they want to buy the dang products but they can't. Because I can't get their product and I complain about lack of availability I am a hypocrite?.....dude you don't know the meaning of the word.

Regarding the negatives, we actually do agree....well not that you speak the truth....but that people are placing these like crazy. I say we do away with them altogether.

who do i think i am? who do you think you are? who does anyone who says anything about whatever think they are? listen to yourself. you feel that we should stop doing to you, what youre doing to mattel? were just simply saying that complaining is one thing, but whining is an whole other issue. complaints are legit.(usually, as theyre mostly formed around a persons opinion) whining is just whining. no one is really trying for a solution, theyre just going on and on about not liking mattel. you do realize that youre trying to order a hot, very limited product from a company that allows you to order up to 10 of them at a time, right? i just feel that people should listen to their own complaints and ready themselves for disappointment. were adults. we have disscussions about this stuff all of the time. we should know what were getting into. should ordering from matty be hard? no. is ordering from matty hard? at times...yes. im just saying that we CHOOSE to collect. MOTUC is mattels game. if you want to play, then you play by their rules. that might not sit well with some of you, but its the truth. if you want to keep going on the issue, be my guest. i KNOW that mattel will reissue these figs again. hell, theyll probablly reissue them again after that. mattel just wants to make sure that they sell most(if not all) of what they produce. ITS A MARKETING PLOY! get back at mattel? why? theyre learning. besides dolls, cars, and toys aimed at kids, mattel is fairly new to the "action figure collector" world. would you complain if they just stopped producing ANY motuc figures?

Everything you said in the beginning is correct. My comments are just as valid as yours and as anyone else's. The point I was making and in truth it really doesn't count towards you "Pooda" because you haven't been on these discussions as much as others, but how can someone claim that my points aren't valid but there's is ok because we are complaining about a toy? think about it, isn't it pretty redundant and hypocritical to constantly complain about a complainer, especially when its in your power to either read or ignore their comments?

Firestorm wasn't whinning, he was offering some sort of tact in dealing Mattel to make lasting correcting changes, yet he was blasted for it. He offered the best solution possible that he could think of, make a loud enough noise until Mattel reacts properly.

Mattel hasn't grown and/or learned from last year and its unacceptable. It may just be a toy, but executives are about the bottom line, and someone other than Toyguru is watching and may ask the question, why aren't we meeting the widest audience possible? It's like if your a rock star and you produce an album and the record company only prints 500.000 copies and they all sell out but the demand is 780.000. Sure you sold out of everything you produced but you sure didn't get as much money as you could out of the deal, that my friend is poor business. Also how many monthly mistakes is Mattel going to make, granted we will see with She-Ra, hopefully the additional numbers will work out for everyone.

I love the line, I love every figure I could get thus far and no matter the hassles will be online every month trying to get them, if I do then I say little, if I don't I will voice how I feel.

You see, you guys come to the board and do the same thing to us that we do to Mattel....its all very hypocritical!!

what were doing is far from what youre doing to mattel. were just saying that being upset leads to a person not thinking clearly. most people rant went that happens. think about it....what pushes someone to hate a company, just because they cant get/find a certain product? seriously....what kind of logic does that take? is this how you handle all of your problems? this topic has the kicking, screaming, crying, falling out and rolling over the floor elements all over it...its just in text form. i have 3 kids that act the same way when they dont get what they want. pooda(my son) feels that they should have an iron man suit case that transforms into an armor that he can wear. i tell him that its no such thing. he gets bummed out and throws ALL of his IM and IM2 stuff in a pile and pushes it down the basement stairs....in his immortal words...."I HATE IRON MAN!"....THEY DONT EVER MAKE WHAT I WANT!" that sounds just like...."i cant get moss man!....im through with mattel!"

Let me set up the scenario

A. I rant about Mattel

B. You rant about me ranting about Mattel

That's not what happened in this thread. FS said we should attack mattel. Several of us explained why it wouldn't work. FS flamed us. you flame us.

From my understanding we cant do away with them, they came with the forum that Jay is using. Just ignore them, as they dont really mean anything.

You see, you guys come to the board and do the same thing to us that we do to Mattel....its all very hypocritical!!

what were doing is far from what youre doing to mattel. were just saying that being upset leads to a person not thinking clearly. most people rant went that happens. think about it....what pushes someone to hate a company, just because they cant get/find a certain product? seriously....what kind of logic does that take? is this how you handle all of your problems? this topic has the kicking, screaming, crying, falling out and rolling over the floor elements all over it...its just in text form. i have 3 kids that act the same way when they dont get what they want. pooda(my son) feels that they should have an iron man suit case that transforms into an armor that he can wear. i tell him that its no such thing. he gets bummed out and throws ALL of his IM and IM2 stuff in a pile and pushes it down the basement stairs....in his immortal words...."I HATE IRON MAN!"....THEY DONT EVER MAKE WHAT I WANT!" that sounds just like...."i cant get moss man!....im through with mattel!"

Let me set up the scenario

A. I rant about Mattel

B. You rant about me ranting about Mattel

That's not what happened in this thread. FS said we should attack mattel. Several of us explained why it wouldn't work. FS flamed us. you flame us.

No sh*t. Firestorm came out like a crybaby and when he was called out on it he started acting holier than thou and calling people "morons". Then SP called us "self-loathing" or whatever. I and some others explained Mattel's controversial decisions and the immature response and it was these two individuals who took it personally, basically proving everything pooda and Arrow in particular were saying.

From my understanding we cant do away with them, they came with the forum that Jay is using. Just ignore them, as they dont really mean anything.

Matters to some people, particularly the ones who go from -7 to -2 in a matter of hours.

Matters to some people, particularly the ones who go from -7 to -2 in a matter of hours.

I cant even see anyones rep, mods lack the ability to participate. But even if I did (and im sure my rep would be lower than yours by now...lol) I wouldnt care. Its just somthing that is a part of the board. I have had many complaints about the rep system, but there really is no way to get rid of it. Just try to ignore it, thats about the best advice I can give on it.

Back on the topic at hand, I really appreciate everybody keeping this topic going in a civil manner. Nobody has blown their top and started a flame war even though its a touchy subject. Its not often we can keep a topic going without it devolving into chaos.

I cant even see anyones rep, mods lack the ability to participate. But even if I did (and im sure my rep would be lower than yours by now...lol) I wouldnt care. Its just somthing that is a part of the board. I have had many complaints about the rep system, but there really is no way to get rid of it. Just try to ignore it, thats about the best advice I can give on it.

Back on the topic at hand, I really appreciate everybody keeping this topic going in a civil manner. Nobody has blown their top and started a flame war even though its a touchy subject. Its not often we can keep a topic going without it devolving into chaos.

You can't see it on a person's profile page? That's the only place I can see anyone's rep.

But anyway, yeah, who cares about rep? It's a silly status symbol that means nothing.

You can't see it on a person's profile page? That's the only place I can see anyone's rep.

But anyway, yeah, who cares about rep? It's a silly status symbol that means nothing.

says the stormtrooper.

FIREdevil.gif

says the stormtrooper.

FIREdevil.gif

is that what stormtrooper refers to? I thought it was a post count title. lol.

says the stormtrooper.

FIREdevil.gif

is that what stormtrooper refers to? I thought it was a post count title. lol.

the stormtrooper would think that. but, yeah....thats what it is.

to hit the negative reputation button on posts as it you were masturbating it.

Well, my rep is way down there (GASP!), so this makes me feel so very, very, icky.

1. You purposely took what I said and twisted it not to make any sense.

Yes. Arrow did that. Absolutely. Completely his fault.........

They have had over a year of data to fix these. In the first year they knew they didn't have enough product to meet demand, yet they went into 2010 with the same basic operating numbers for production.

Is that a fact? (Trick question, I know it's not.) Mattel did increase production over this time last year. I don't know what it is but I'd wager it's way more than double. I do know that the line is immensely popular compared to last year, and even more so than the year before that. Mattel knew how new many subscriptions they had last summer. They produced those and some more on top of it. How many more did they need? Well whatever that number was last summer is irrelevant because it's gone way up since then. So the previous year's data is pretty much irrelevant as it does not apply to the much higher demand there is now. If you were to compare what was demand last year vs. what is produced this year I bet what is produced this year outweighs last year's demand. So, it must be they're fault for not producing the magic number of figures that no one else could have guessed and still been viable. They must not have the same crystal ball that you do.

Keep in mind MOTUC was a very niche market, and it still is. Mattel does not want overstock on these in any way shape or form. The moment the line's supply outweighs the demand the line ends. Mattel will increase production going forward but will do so slowly so to not saturate demand. Any sign of that happening and production numbers will decrease right away.

You wanna complain? Fine, but please do so intelligently. If you act like and adult, I will treat you like one. Act like a spoiled child, and I will treat you accordingly.

You wanna complain? Fine, but please do so intelligently. If you act like and adult, I will treat you like one. Act like a spoiled child, and I will treat you accordingly.

I'll just pin them under my thumb and mock them.

• Like 1

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE