You All Want to Get Back At Mattel - Here's How To Do It

Firestorm

I'm new here but I share in the enjoyment of this hobby. I collect figures and I especially enjoy the MOTU Classics line. But recent events have started to eat away at that enjoyment. I have become intensely angry at Mattel. If you all are angry at Mattel as I am and how they treat their customers at their MattyCollector website, then please read this thread posted over at He-Man.org (link provided below).

http://www.he-man.or...ad.php?t=187523

I know there are a lot of people who are tired of being abused by Mattel. I know there are a lot of you who have had their MOTU Classics subscriptions canceled because you complained to customer service. There are people who had their subscriptions canceled for simply changing their credit card information or for changing their address. Is that right? Should we have to live in fear of having our accounts terminated for making a SIMPLE change. I DON'T THINK SO!

How about the TWO minute sell-outs? Yeah, I'm sure that seems fair. Mattel under-produces figures to create a false high-demand. Anyone remember the Cabbage Patch Kids marketing strategy of the 80's? I sure do. It imploded in on itself. I also don't want to pay INFLATED prices on the secondary market. I'm tired of being treated like an animal and doing tricks for Mattel's amusement. I'm fighting back. Instead of just complaining, I attempted to do something. I wrote to a couple news websites about a story idea to expose the truth behind Mattel. You know the company honored as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute. What a joke!

Whether you agree with me or not, please consider this. Should it be this difficult to collect this line? Things have to improve and I want to help speed it along. If you're worried that Mattel will cancel the line, I've got news for you. Mattel won't do that. It's a HUGE moneymaker for them.

Here's how to get back at Mattel. Write to either of the two email addresses below and express your desire to have the real truth exposed behind Mattel. Just don't complain, do something about it!

Please write to Bernhard Warner at the editor@socialmediainfluence.com address

or

Please write to The Big Money at the tbmsubmissions@thebigmoney.com address

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS! WE HAVE POWER IN NUMBERS!

• Like 1

This is the list:

DCUC Wave 5 shoddy distribution

DCUC Wave 10 shoddy distribution

Paint app and joint problems in the first few DCUC waves

JLU shoddy distribution

JLU Hal Jordan

MOTU Subscription Packages

Moss Man sells out in four minutes

Gleek

On and on and on.

You want to get back at Mattel stop buying their toys.

Because for all your crying about two-minute sell outs you're still gonna be there April 19 trying to buy Evil-Lyn.

I could go buy another set of wave 10 right now. I probably could have gotten upwards of 10 sets from my local walmart. As for Moss-man, they explained that. We only got what was left over after the subscriptions were filled.

Evil Lynn is gonna be a pita. I gotta have that figure!!!

I'm new here but I share in the enjoyment of this hobby. I collect figures and I especially enjoy the MOTU Classics line. But recent events have started to eat away at that enjoyment. I have become intensely angry at Mattel. If you all are angry at Mattel as I am and how they treat their customers at their MattyCollector website, then please read this thread posted over at He-Man.org (link provided below).

http://www.he-man.or...ad.php?t=187523

I know there are a lot of people who are tired of being abused by Mattel. I know there are a lot of you who have had their MOTU Classics subscriptions canceled because you complained to customer service. There are people who had their subscriptions canceled for simply changing their credit card information or for changing their address. Is that right? Should we have to live in fear of having our accounts terminated for making a SIMPLE change. I DON'T THINK SO!

How about the TWO minute sell-outs? Yeah, I'm sure that seems fair. Mattel under-produces figures to create a false high-demand. Anyone remember the Cabbage Patch Kids marketing strategy of the 80's? I sure do. It imploded in on itself. I also don't want to pay INFLATED prices on the secondary market. I'm tired of being treated like an animal and doing tricks for Mattel's amusement. I'm fighting back. Instead of just complaining, I attempted to do something. I wrote to a couple news websites about a story idea to expose the truth behind Mattel. You know the company honored as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute. What a joke!

Whether you agree with me or not, please consider this. Should it be this difficult to collect this line? Things have to improve and I want to help speed it along. If you're worried that Mattel will cancel the line, I've got news for you. Mattel won't do that. It's a HUGE moneymaker for them.

Here's how to get back at Mattel. Write to either of the two email addresses below and express your desire to have the real truth exposed behind Mattel. Just don't complain, do something about it!

Please write to Bernhard Warner at the editor@socialmediainfluence.com address

or

Please write to The Big Money at the tbmsubmissions@thebigmoney.com address

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS! WE HAVE POWER IN NUMBERS!

There such a distorted world-view to this drivel above that is not worth breaking it down point for point.

The only legit grievance anyone has here is with the ordering process, something that Mattel cannot necessarily control because it uses a third-party.

The rest of it is just a bunch of learned helplessness issues that any sensible person can overcome on their own.

And, hey.........if you want to "get back at Mattel"..........just stop buying their products!!! @loll@ Duuuuuhh!

( anyone wanna place bets that my rep will be in the negative numbers by Monday morning now?)

• Like 2

I could go buy another set of wave 10 right now. I probably could have gotten upwards of 10 sets from my local walmart. As for Moss-man, they explained that. We only got what was left over after the subscriptions were filled.

Evil Lynn is gonna be a pita. I gotta have that figure!!!

I'm glad they made it to California because they never made it to Rhode Island. I don't collect them but I go to the aisle enough to know those figures were very sparse.

But the point is all these other "transgressions" have not yielded any change in collecting habits.

People like Firestorm aren't serious about change.

What I like is how people seem to think they are being discriminated against simply because they cannot find a toy. It’s a toy, get over it. There are plenty of things I can’t find, it is what it is. I have yet to see the MOTU/DC two packs (and nobody I know seems to be able to find them for me either), I missed out on flocked mossy even when it was in my cart, I’ve missed many DCUC because I can’t find them and I’m unwilling to pay over retail most of the time, and I won’t even go into the Joes and Marvel figs I’ve missed out on over the years, usually because they were exclusives. The point is I still collect because I like toys, I like buying them, I like displaying them and I like giving them to my kids so they can be destroyed...lol. Heck I collect Japanese super sentai toys, talk about missing out on figures because of limited availability.

Once upon a time I was a bit psycho and had this mindset that I had to have everything, and if I missed one figure I would get angry. I began to find that collecting had become more of a job than a hobby. So I stepped back and decided to change my ways. And here I am 10+ years later and having fun. I collect things like legos because there is no stress in them, just fun. If a line becomes stressful I walk away from it and move to the next thing, I’m a bit more flighty with my collections nowadays. I love my MOTU, I bought a subscription so I wouldn’t have to worry. If I miss out on a secondary figure I know they will reprint it, so i get it next time. I will probably buy Titus on the secondary market of I can’t get him from the web site, only because I’ve wanted him redone for a very long time.

These silly protest against a toy company is just a waste of time. Instead utilize that time to organize a protest against something important, like the original petition was against Nestle and their damage to the rain forest, that’s an issue I can see becoming involved in. Someone not being able to buy a piece of plastic just seems trivial in comparison. People seem to have this notion that they are entitled to things, rather than being happy with what they have. Just my two cents, but these topics just get under my skin.

There such a distorted world-view to this drivel above that is not worth breaking it down point for point.

The only legit grievance anyone has here is with the ordering process, something that Mattel cannot necessarily control because it uses a third-party.

The rest of it is just a bunch of learned helplessness issues that any sensible person can overcome on their own.

And, hey.........if you want to "get back at Mattel"..........just stop buying their products!!! @loll@ Duuuuuhh!

( anyone wanna place bets that my rep will be in the negative numbers by Monday morning now?)

Yes, I know all about your learned helplessness from thinking in a permanent, pervasive, and personal way from your posts Arrow. I just have one question for you Arrow. Are you a liscensed therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist? Because to give out such advice without that kind of a background is kind of irresponsible.

I was merely offering A solution. I never said it was the BEST solution. It's better than just complaining and doing nothing. The "stop buying the product" idea falls under the do nothing-passive category. Again, I'm attempting to do something at least.

• Like 2

Yes, I know all about your learned helplessness from thinking in a permanent, pervasive, and personal way from your posts Arrow. I just have one question for you Arrow. Are you a liscensed therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist? Because to give out such advice without that kind of a background is kind of irresponsible.

Noooo, Firestorm, I'm not, and who needs to be??

Just think about that for a minute........if someone UNTRAINED can spot this kind of thing, then the problem you have is pretty glaring and obvious. Then the solution is pretty simple too: change your approach and your thinking.

After all, if you are allowing this external thing you have no control over to distress/upset you then its not the thing at all, but your own estimate of it.

You are creating the reason you are upset.

I was merely offering A solution. I never said it was the BEST solution. It's better than just complaining and doing nothing. The "stop buying the product" idea falls under the do nothing-passive category. Again, I'm attempting to do something at least.

..and if you have truly read my posts before ( and you have because you've quoted material from them) then you know I (and others) have offered solutions.

You genuinely think that complaining about something that benefits Mattel toys in so many ways is going to yield results that placate you?

The only thing they have any incentive to change is the ordering system they use--the rest isn't going to change much at all.

If the complaints are just for yourself.......then what about this futile action is going to make anything better? You might as well yell at clouds.

If you really want things to change for the better, change your own feelings on the matter. Change how you approach the situation--change your rules. Is your estimate of Mattel here truly accurate, or is it filtered by your frustrations?

If you seek a better result here, you'll probably need to ask some better questions of yourself.

Yea, I'm not a shrink, but at least I and others can reason this sort of thing out on our own where we do not need to "get back at Mattel" or set up petitions or any of that kind of nonsense.

The truth is that you are capable of doing the same thing.

Ask yourself why you haven't ..........yet.

• Like 1

Noooo, Firestorm, I'm not, and who needs to be??

Just think about that for a minute........if someone UNTRAINED can spot this kind of thing, then the problem you have is pretty glaring and obvious. Then the solution is pretty simple too: change your approach and your thinking.

After all, if you are allowing this external thing you have no control over to distress/upset you then its not the thing at all, but your own estimate of it.

You are creating the reason you are upset.

Since you admit you're untrained, I don't know for sure what you are "spotting." All I do know is that you're just a regular person spouting something that I think is GAR-BAGE.

You genuinely think that complaining about something that benefits Mattel toys in so many ways is going to yield results that placate you?

The only thing they have any incentive to change is the ordering system they use--the rest isn't going to change much at all.

Even if the only thing I change is the ordering system and the order limit gets reduced to 2 then I will have accomplished something. Accomplishing something even if it's only ONE thing is better than doing nothing. It will help out all the collectors on the sale dates.

If you really want things to change for the better, change your own feelings on the matter. Change how you approach the situation--change your rules.

You really want to promote change Arrow. How about you use that psycho-babble of yours on Kim Jong Il and on Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and get them to change their way of thinking. You know Arrow try to get them to rise above themselves and keep from stockpiling nuclear weapons.

In the meantime, I'll try to help out my fellow collectors.

Since you're not a trained anything, I don't have to follow what I think is utter crap.

• Like 2

Here's the thing that appals me about the complainers and their learned helplessness:

Sitting in front of them, at this moment, is the greatest communication tool in human history, and they cannot use it/exploit it to find themselves a toy.

They cannot (yet) comprehend that they can use this tool, in concert with their social skills and their personal charm to form relations and bonds with fellow like-minded collectors to solve this problem of getting access to the toys they seek.

Why is that?

Many other people have done exactly the above, and they continue to enjoy the hobby without angst.

Why is that?

Is there some special magic formula here, some unseen privilege or unique knowledge??

No. Its simple common sense.

There's a tremendous resource sitting right in front of you, and if you are complaining then its going untapped.

Here's a freebie:

Have any of the complainers considered gathered together and tried to do a group order?

The odds are simply mathematical here--if the ordering process is so screwed up, and so many people are ordering all at once, then why not have some folks trying to order as many as they can to then distribute amongst the other collectors of their group? Y'know....use your numbers to beat the odds??

Obviously,"every man for himself" is workin' out REAL great, huh??? @loll@

Sure, some folks might not get to place their orders in the rush, and it is likely that someone might be left with extras.......but so what? 2 or 3 collectors who are successful in placing orders could easily order enough for their group--so that everyone who wants one , gets one. Everyone still makes the attempt on their own--to increase their odds.

Sell the leftovers--and since demand is purportedly so high, that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Its proactive, its using the system as is ( regardless of how it is) until it gets fixed or gets better. Its using the resources at hand, in an intelligent and mature way......and best of all........no angst or complaining.

That's just one of DOZENS of possible solutions.

You tell me if complaining or "getting back at Mattel" is a better solution??

• Like 1

Here's a freebie:

Have any of the complainers considered gathered together and tried to do a group order?

The odds are simply mathematical here--if the ordering process is so screwed up, and so many people are ordering all at once, then why not have some folks trying to order as many as they can to then distribute amongst the other collectors of their group? Y'know....use your numbers to beat the odds??

Obviously,"every man for himself" is workin' out REAL great, huh??? @loll@

Sure, some folks might not get to place their orders in the rush, and it is likely that someone might be left with extras.......but so what? 2 or 3 collectors who are successful in placing orders could easily order enough for their group--so that everyone who wants one , gets one. Everyone still makes the attempt on their own--to increase their odds.

Sell the leftovers--and since demand is purportedly so high, that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Its proactive, its using the system as is ( regardless of how it is) until it gets fixed or gets better. Its using the resources at hand, in an intelligent and mature way......and best of all........no angst or complaining.

That's just one of DOZENS of possible solutions.

You tell me if complaining or "getting back at Mattel" is a better solution??

Okay, I'll admit that's a good idea. But the person ordering for the group will have to hurry to put the orders in for the MOTUC figure, the DCUC figure, the Ghostsbusters figure, and the JLU figure in the 1 minute and 30 seconds you have before the items get ripped from your cart and everything is sold out. You may still have to get Mattel to change things.

• Like 1

Firestorm-

The BIG message here is that it does not take a genius to come up with ideas like that.

When I'm saying people have learned helplessness, I'm saying they have conditioned their thinking into an endless loop of frustration and it blinds them to potential options.

Now.......just watch.....someone will come along and slap negative reps on my post above--just because its "me" writing the idea--that and someone will come along and refute the idea, saying its too hard, too risky, too whatever.

They have gotten hopelessly caught up in themselves and will not entertain anything that does not conform to their own rigid demands and specifications.

The path out of this collecting drama clearly requires new ideas. I am not the Collecting Messiah, here to save you all.

I don't know what the answers are, I do not know what will work for you.

But at least ideas can be generated, and explored.

Complaining doesn't do that, attacking people or companies doesn't do that.

The message is that YOU can make the change for yourself and be better off for it.

• Like 1

This is where I have to disagree with you Arrow. You should click the link and read the original thread. A large number of Greenpeace protesters attacked the Nestle Facebook page and caused such a public relations disaster for Nestle that the company cut all business ties with Sinar Mas (the company responsible for destroying the rainforests to plant palm oil crops). You would be surprised how terrified a company is of some bad PR especially in the internet age of super-quick information dissemination.

SO I SAY ATTACK MATTEL!

Also, I like to think anger helps fuel my thinking. You know all the extra adrenaline in the blood getting to the brain.

• Like 1

This is where I have to disagree with you Arrow. You should click the link and read the original thread. A large number of Greenpeace protesters attacked the Nestle Facebook page and caused such a public relations disaster for Nestle that the company cut all business ties with Sinar Mas (the company responsible for destroying the rainforests to plant palm oil crops). You would be surprised how terrified a company is of some bad PR especially in the internet age of super-quick information dissemination.

SO I SAY ATTACK MATTEL!

Also, I like to think anger helps fuel my thinking. You know all the extra adrenaline in the blood getting to the brain.

Your solution to not getting toys is to disrupt and hurt the company that you want the toys from? If that's the case, then it sounds like you don't want to buy any more toys from mattel. if that's the case, then why do you need to do anything but not buy toys from them?

All your plan will do, if anything, is hurt the rest of us who still want to buy toys from mattel.

• Like 1

SO I SAY ATTACK MATTEL!

Your solution to not getting toys is to disrupt and hurt the company that you want the toys from? If that's the case, then it sounds like you don't want to buy any more toys from mattel. if that's the case, then why do you need to do anything but not buy toys from them?

All your plan will do, if anything, is hurt the rest of us who still want to buy toys from mattel.

I agree with EldestSon on this. Firestorm's solution will only end up hurting the rest of us who still want to buy MOTUC or DC Universe toys from mattel.

They are only toys Firestorm and if you don't want to give mattel your business or your money then fine, But don't screw the rest of us because as you said " I like to think anger helps fuel my thinking, SO I SAY ATTACK MATTEL!"

• Like 1

I just have to ask both EldestSon and TOYMAN65 but are you morons? Did you even read the original thread from the link that I provided in the original post.

Greenpeace attacked Nestle. Nestle caved in to the pressure. Guess what happened? Nestle is still raking in s**t loads of money from making chocolate. Do a Google search and see for yourself. Only now Nestle is doing it RESPONSIBLY. You know Nestle is now more environmentally conscious.

I care about the MOTU Classics line and I care about my fellow collectors. Mattel won't cancel the line. IT'S TOO PROFITABLE FOR THEM. Besides Mattel has invested too much into it to turn back now. I just want to make Mattel act more responsibly to the loyal collectors supporting the line. Don't treat us like animals throwing mere scraps at us at the 15th of every month so that they can watch us fight amongst ourselves for their amusement. Just treat us with RESPECT.

To EldestSon and TOYMAN65, we'll see how you both feel next month on April 19th when both Evil Lyn and the Weapons Pak both sell out in ONE MINUTE. If Mattel needs to be attacked for change to occur, then I say let it happen. It's time to take a stand!

WE HAVE POWER IN NUMBERS!

• Like 2

I just have to ask both EldestSon and TOYMAN65 but are you morons?

Dont start making pesonal attacks, your new so i'll let it slid this time.

Lol I love this stuff, arnt we all about 30???? AT least???? I think FIRESTORM and ARROW should exchange email and phone numbers and go on a hot date and fight about this mattel issues in a bucket of honey and eat chocolate covered strawberrys!!!!! lol,,,, that would change one thing,, ha...

SO I SAY ATTACK MATTEL!

Man o man, what a piece of work you are!

You actually PREFER to focus on the negative??!!

Well, I hope you get what you are focusing on--clearly its all about more frustration, resentment, anger, futility, angst........ :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Lol I love this stuff, arnt we all about 30???? AT least???? I think FIRESTORM and ARROW should exchange email and phone numbers and go on a hot date and fight about this mattel issues in a bucket of honey and eat chocolate covered strawberrys!!!!! lol,,,, that would change one thing,, ha...

Hey, the peanut gallery sits over there--just go head over and plop down beside Firestorm, under the sign that says "marginalized and helpless". You'll have company.

• Like 1

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE