DC Universe Lobo

jahue

I missed the Lobo figure when they released him as the con exclusive because I was not really collecting dcuc at the time. I was wondering if Mattel has ever mentioned releasing him again? Have you guys heard? I know some complained about his height, but I really love the character of Lobo and I want to add one, but there aren't that many out there. So do you think we will get another shot at him?

I missed the Lobo figure when they released him as the con exclusive because I was not really collecting dcuc at the time. I was wondering if Mattel has ever mentioned releasing him again? Have you guys heard? I know some complained about his height, but I really love the character of Lobo and I want to add one, but there aren't that many out there. So do you think we will get another shot at him?

I hate to be pessimistic, but I sincerely doubt that Lobo is someone that will ever be revisited. Getting Mattel to make a Lobo in the first place was like pulling teeth! Their argument was that the majority of the books that Lobo appeared in were marked "for mature readers" and that their toys (even ones that they acknowledge have a wide, adult-collector base) are appealing to children. If a cool-looking figure like Lobo comes out and little "Johhny" likes the way he looks, Mom might buy it for him. Then Dad goes out and buys a Lobo comic for the kid...and MAYHEM ensues! Cats are sleeping with dogs! End of the world!!!! ahem...or something like that. That was why the packaging for Lobo states that he is for 16+ age (or something like that...I'll have to look at mine again to be 100% sure).

We have to content ourselves with the JLU Lobo that is coming out later this year.

I really lucked out on him. I, like you, was barely deciding to get into DCUC. In fact, I don't even remember how the hell I found out about Lobo (I didn't know about con exclusives and junk). I just used a BIN on eBay, and it came out to over $40 after shipping. I remember, at the time, thinking I overpaid.

I search for him now, and wow.....eBay sucks.

And yet, the Main Man showed up in Superman cartoons. Did little Johnny's request for THAT comic book ensue a different kind of Mayhem when his father bought him a Lobo comic? I'm not complaining about them making him a con exclusive, but they're reasoning is a tad spurious. Like the whole Hal Jordan JLU figure thing. Legally they can't make it? Why, because then Mattel would have to sue itself for breaching the trust of the 100 employees it gave the figure to? Again, I don't care whether they make a Jordan JLU figure, because I don't collect them. But don't insult collectors intelligence with stupid reasons.

I hate to be pessimistic, but I sincerely doubt that Lobo is someone that will ever be revisited. Getting Mattel to make a Lobo in the first place was like pulling teeth! Their argument was that the majority of the books that Lobo appeared in were marked "for mature readers" and that their toys (even ones that they acknowledge have a wide, adult-collector base) are appealing to children. If a cool-looking figure like Lobo comes out and little "Johhny" likes the way he looks, Mom might buy it for him. Then Dad goes out and buys a Lobo comic for the kid...and MAYHEM ensues! Cats are sleeping with dogs! End of the world!!!! ahem...or something like that. That was why the packaging for Lobo states that he is for 16+ age (or something like that...I'll have to look at mine again to be 100% sure).

We have to content ourselves with the JLU Lobo that is coming out later this year.

DCUC figs are marked "Adult Collector".