Incredible Hulk vs Doomday?

Superpowers1980

I have to give it to the Hulk largely because Doomsday was one of the worst ideas in one of the worst comic book stories of all time.

I expect we'll see nostalgia once again come to the defense of the insipid Death Of Superman story as fans who read this story as a kid will come out defending simply because they did read this as a kid. It's the same sort of logic as someone saying their favorite meal is Gerbers baby food. Why? Well, they ate it as a kid. Regardless, the Death of Superman was a low point in that decade of low-points known as the nineties as comics tried to outdo themselves in their race for deliberate self-destruction.

I can accept the conceit of a Superman death story and can forgive the stunt-hungry motives behind it, but this was really one tedious dragged out dog of a story. I suppose I should be grateful that at eight or so parts it was left that concise given today's overblown standards, but those eight parts were each with the exception of the JLA chapter completely identical! Doomsday charges across the US. Superman tried to intercept him. They'd fight and Superman would fail to halt his advance. This was the skeleton of the plot for seven of those chapters. There was no intelligence. There was no building of the drama. Doomsday was as a completely flat cypher. It would take subsequent writers to flesh him out and attempt to create some passable depth to this cheap Hulk knock-off... and isn't there something blatantly wrong about the greatest super hero of all time being killed by a cheap knock off of anything?

It's not high art...It's comics. It's a business. The objective is to sell as many issues as possible.

In that context, I personally despise the mess that Joe Quesada has made of continuity at Marvel...But I can't really argue with his bottom-line results.

It was already established (back in '96 by fan vote) that Superman would defeat the Hulk.

The same fans voted Wolverine over Lobo, Storm over Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man over Superboy.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. @hmmm@

Duck! Somethings going right over your head!!!

The fans who voted on the results you mention from '96 were voting their own, personal opinions.

In that regard, those opinions are NO LESS valid than any opinion offered on this board about who would beat who in a fight...And, of course, no more valid, either.

It depends on the hulk with which we are using....If it's King Hulk from the height of WWH who trounced everyone with little or no effort then you have my answer....King Hulk went toe to toe with Sentry(The power of a thousand exploding suns)and came out on top.Hulk was shot with the laser from an attack satellite and survived.Plus hulk has never "died" that I'm aware of(I could be wrong)so my vote...The Green Scar hands down.

I think they're getting out of hand, but that's my opinion.

i agree. they seem to incite arguments, and bad blood in general. but to answer this no brainer.....Doomsday. how does the guy that killed the guy that beat the hulk not....beat the hulk?

Hulk would beat the living #$^A% out of Doomsday.

riiiight.....the day hulk beats superman, because doomsday kicked the crap outta supes!

It depends on the hulk with which we are using....If it's King Hulk from the height of WWH who trounced everyone with little or no effort then you have my answer....King Hulk went toe to toe with Sentry(The power of a thousand exploding suns)and came out on top.Hulk was shot with the laser from an attack satellite and survived.Plus hulk has never "died" that I'm aware of(I could be wrong)so my vote...The Green Scar hands down.

The power of a thousand exploding suns to describe Sentry was an in-house Marvel joke that the fans are taking seriously, it clearly is not an accurate description of Sentry.

Doomsday versus.............

Original Hulk

Hulk smash Hulk

Mr. Fixit

Smart Hulk

Savage Hulk

Planet Hulk

If we were to really take this particular topic seriously, which I don't know if anyone here is, you can't just say "the Hulk" vs. Doomsday because there are so many different versions of the Hulk. You'd have to specify if it's the 70s Hulk who mostly spoke in third person, Joe Fixit, the Heroes Reborn version, etc. I admit I mainly just read these vs topics to see how into it other people get, usually when they start talking about something other than the fight, but not make mean spirited comments about it. Usually. But I suppose even then its a little funny to see anyone get that into it.

And for the Gary Busey guy, I don't know if you're a kid who doesn't think these things through very well or just a regular users alt id when you want to goof around, but, even if Doomsday did punch a hole through the Hulk,

that doesn't necessarily mean Doomsday would win. The Hulk has been depicted in various incarnations to have some serious regenerative abilities. It's perhaps a manifestation of the same genetic trait or cell mutation that allows Banner to tranform into such a creature. Doomsday could punch right through the Hulk's chest wall, burst his heart, and go stomping off. But if the Hulk (any version of the Hulk with the ability to regenerate) comes back a few hours later and rips Doomsday's arms off, I'd say Doomsday is fncked. The only way I couldn't see that happening is if Doomsday's skin and muscle tissue is so impenetrable that the Hulk simply could not apply enough pressure to rip Doomsday's arms out of his sockets through his skin and tissues.

As for Superman vs. Hulk, that's always a tough one to call. The Hulk, in most incarnations, is a living engine of destruction when provoked who seems to have limitless potential to regenerate, and Superman, or at least the current depiction of the post Crisis version is functionally a living, replenisable solar battery of limitless powers as long as he is in contact with our sun. So you're talking about two beings who would just continue the fight indefinitely. If they're trading punch for punch, I'd say the Hulk because it would be another scenario like it was when Doomsday caused Superman's body to have to shut down for a while in order to recover. But if it were truly a hardcore battle where Superman felt he had to potentially destroy the Hulk in order to keep others from being killed as a result of the battle, it's Supes. But only if he pulls out all the stops and used powers that the Hulk doesn't have such as heat vision to render him unable to continue by removing his limbs or something. And Superman would of course try to be as humane as possible. Clark's ideals wouldn't allow him to destroy a creature who essentially can't really help himself unless absolutely necessary. So, please, none of those "Superman would fncking kill his ass" style comments if you have to comment on what I said, because Superman would never behave in such a fashion so it's a moot point.

The first time Hulk met Superman he pounded on Supermans chest blow by blow and Clark just stood there and took it and not feeling any pain.I bet if the Hulk were on Krypton he would be able to handle the very heavey gravity that Krypton had.

If we were to really take this particular topic seriously, which I don't know if anyone here is, you can't just say "the Hulk" vs. Doomsday because there are so many different versions of the Hulk. You'd have to specify if it's the 70s Hulk who mostly spoke in third person, Joe Fixit, the Heroes Reborn version, etc. I admit I mainly just read these vs topics to see how into it other people get, usually when they start talking about something other than the fight, but not make mean spirited comments about it. Usually. But I suppose even then its a little funny to see anyone get that into it.

And for the Gary Busey guy, I don't know if you're a kid who doesn't think these things through very well or just a regular users alt id when you want to goof around, but, even if Doomsday did punch a hole through the Hulk,

that doesn't necessarily mean Doomsday would win. The Hulk has been depicted in various incarnations to have some serious regenerative abilities. It's perhaps a manifestation of the same genetic trait or cell mutation that allows Banner to tranform into such a creature. Doomsday could punch right through the Hulk's chest wall, burst his heart, and go stomping off. But if the Hulk (any version of the Hulk with the ability to regenerate) comes back a few hours later and rips Doomsday's arms off, I'd say Doomsday is fncked. The only way I couldn't see that happening is if Doomsday's skin and muscle tissue is so impenetrable that the Hulk simply could not apply enough pressure to rip Doomsday's arms out of his sockets through his skin and tissues.

As for Superman vs. Hulk, that's always a tough one to call. The Hulk, in most incarnations, is a living engine of destruction when provoked who seems to have limitless potential to regenerate, and Superman, or at least the current depiction of the post Crisis version is functionally a living, replenisable solar battery of limitless powers as long as he is in contact with our sun. So you're talking about two beings who would just continue the fight indefinitely. If they're trading punch for punch, I'd say the Hulk because it would be another scenario like it was when Doomsday caused Superman's body to have to shut down for a while in order to recover. But if it were truly a hardcore battle where Superman felt he had to potentially destroy the Hulk in order to keep others from being killed as a result of the battle, it's Supes. But only if he pulls out all the stops and used powers that the Hulk doesn't have such as heat vision to render him unable to continue by removing his limbs or something. And Superman would of course try to be as humane as possible. Clark's ideals wouldn't allow him to destroy a creature who essentially can't really help himself unless absolutely necessary. So, please, none of those "Superman would fncking kill his ass" style comments if you have to comment on what I said, because Superman would never behave in such a fashion so it's a moot point.

I don't think any version of the Hulk would have an advantage over Doomsday. We know the Joe Fixit and the Smart Hulk aren't as strong as Planet Hulk or the 70's/early 80's Hulk but even with that Doomsday is still too powerful. Hulk isn't ripping the arms off Doomsday, Doomsday has reached a level where he is a threat to Superman and Darkseid...two who are more powerful/stronger than the Hulk.

Superman powers aren't determined by how close he is to a sun. Superman powers don't work under a red sun, but his powers will work whether or not he is in range of a yellow sun or not, even under a blue sun Superman retains his powers. He absorbs yellow sunlight to empower him but doesn't need to be in contact with it to use his powers.

The Hulk and regularly run out of steam and mentions that he is tired. I just got finished watching the Hulk/Thor movie again and at the end Hulk said he was tired...then I remembered comics that after a conflict Hulk would state being tired. The only way Doomsday stops is if there is nothing left to kill, other than that he keeps going until everyone/everything is destroyed.

All the Hulk's are going to provide Doomsday some level of awesome conflict but I say the 70/80's Hulk is probably the strongest and would give him the hardest time. Maybe Planet Hulk as well, the writers have given him and extra level of power not seen before such as standing in lava and holding a planet together....though it was really only like 2 plates together. Joe Fixit would die immediately and the Smart hulk just isn't as strong as the others, though he is one of my favs I have read comics where he is dispatched quickly.

Silly kids.

Hulk is the Strongest One There Is.

You never hear Superman saying 'Superman strongest one there is." You know why? He doesn't want to get his ass beat by the Hulk. And the Hulk let Supes win that Marvel/DC tussle because it was Fan choice. In Hulk's mind, that was kinda like doing something for charity. Hulk never says 'Hulk most Popular one there is." because he concedes Superman is probably more popular than him, just like Spider-Man and that runt Wolverine.

Mostly Hulk just want to be left alone. But if Doomsday insited on causing ruckus, Hulk would break every bone in his body. Doomsday would then regenerate without a single bone in his body (that's how his 'power' works) and would make his second attempt by oozing towards Hulk like a snail, at which point Hulk would pick him up like the world's largest rubberband and shoot him into space.

• Like 1