Hollow Point, Sure Fire and Double Blast

gscbr

Like many of you, I too am waiting for Hasbro to put out more classic characters which I'd rather have real figures of than customs. Fortunately, G.I. Joe has an abundance of lesser known characters that I can fill my ranks with customs with that there probably is no threat of Hasbro making updated figures of.

HOLLOW POINT

I think Hollow Point ranks right up there with the best of the new characters from the new sculpt era because he serves a purpose, marksman instructor, that was absent up until his creation, even if the actual figure was pretty terrible. I went for his filecard design rather than his figure design, which has more interesting details.

SURE FIRE

Can never have too many MP's, and I like the Shockwave v.2 mold so Sure Fire made the perfect character to update.

DOUBLE BLAST

I really hate the ROC Heavy Duty figures, both of which are two of the worst Joe figures ever made. Picked this figure up for another custom I had in mind but it didn't quite work, which left me with the awful figure to deal with. Then I figured, HD is nothing but a generic Roadblock ripoff, Double Blast is nothing but a generic Roadblock rip off, so HD would make the perfect Double Blast.

holy crap man, that Hollow Point is fan fricken tastic some exceptional part selection and it came together superbly

same with Sure Fire great use of parts and accessories

you've also made me somewhat of a Double Blast fan now, hated the original figure but this one I think I can enjoy

mice job all around as always gscbr

Ditto on hollow point fantastic job on him and sure fire! i dont care for the new 25th figures style but when im looking at your customs i get that little twinge in my stomach that tells me to get on board and start collecting and customizing these! as for double blast...im disapointed in you here, most of the times with these nobody characters you switch em' up change things... work em' this one feels phoned in. but look whos talkin i guess? i havent made a custom in years. i should probably shut the hell up! :) it just doesnt seem like you put the normal magic in this one. but niether did hasbro originally so......great job! ;)

TM

Ditto on hollow point fantastic job on him and sure fire! i dont care for the new 25th figures style but when im looking at your customs i get that little twinge in my stomach that tells me to get on board and start collecting and customizing these! as for double blast...im disapointed in you here, most of the times with these nobody characters you switch em' up change things... work em' this one feels phoned in. but look whos talkin i guess? i havent made a custom in years. i should probably shut the hell up! :) it just doesnt seem like you put the normal magic in this one. but niether did hasbro originally so......great job! ;)

TM

yeah, it's kind of phoned in, just seeing if I can take the Heavy Duty figure and do something with it rather than seeing if I could make the character that it becomes. I like the way the head came out, and giving him the Roadblock web gear to connect him back to the character. if there was anything else I would do it would be to add camo to his shirt.