Stick a fork in it

Jeff

Just read how Hasbro canceled the latest wave of ROC Alpha vehicles and that the line has been completely canceled in the UK. The stuff at Toy Fair was just the same stuff shown at last years con. Hell this forum is a ghost town the movie bombed. Seems like Hasbro has finally succeeded where Cobra always failed and has killed GIJoe.

Now I have no idea about the UK but here in the states the toyline has not been cancelled. It has been posponed until the fall, most likely to clear out the remaining rise of Cobra toys.

As for the movie, since when is a 300 million box office a bomb?? It amazes me when people say the movie flopped, when it most definatly did not. Now a movie like speed racer, that was a bomb. But joe did well enough for a sequel to be green lighted. In todays market thats not always easy.

Really Joe is in a better place right now then its been in years. When since the 80's have you seen so much Joe product and cross promotions. And while it might be a bit dead right now wait until the fall. A new cartoon is coming and the second movie is out either next year or the year after. not to mention new figures and vehicles on the shelves by Christmas. And we wont even mention how cool resolute was.

As for this board and the other Joe boards being dead, well lets face it. When was the last time you saw new product. I think I picked up city Snake Eyes last Dec, that was the last New Joe ive seen in stores. So until we see new product there reallyt isnt much to talk about. These are toy boards after all. You should have seen the MOTU board before the classics line. It sure was easy to follow the single post ever other month back then...lol.

I think I've finally become immune to the ill reactions to such talk of G.I.Joe's death? Seems like he's ALWAYS dying, but keeps hangin around anyway? ;)

I don't always like everything they're doing with it, but it seems like they're always doing something with it and if this current thing isn't your bag, hang on a while longer and it will change like the weather.

• Like 1

Just read how Hasbro canceled the latest wave of ROC Alpha vehicles and that the line has been completely canceled in the UK. The stuff at Toy Fair was just the same stuff shown at last years con. Hell this forum is a ghost town the movie bombed. Seems like Hasbro has finally succeeded where Cobra always failed and has killed GIJoe.

Eh. Hasbro got screwed by their retailers. They have admitted that the movie product came out of the gate priced too high and that helped take something that should've sold at least marginally and pushed it into the crapper.

All they need to do is go back to what wasn't "broke" to begin with and that's the Anniversary line. They can call it My Little Pony for all I care, as long as they get back to making updated versions of old figures with the occasional new one thrown in. I think most collectors are just waiting for exactly this and sales would pick up quickly for them.

Lastly, there is a GIJOE 2 on the horizon, so I don't expect they'll let it die completely. Hopefully Hasbro and the major retailers will simply have learned a valuable lesson.

not the first time hasbro has been screwed over by retailers back in 04 a whole wave of Universe figures were scrapped because of wal-mart stupidity as well as in 05 target did the same thing and another whole wave of universe figures were scrapped

dead on my man. i see the end is near.

Not @loll@ The new stuff that is coming later is looking nice! And Card is so right, if a 300 Million dollar movie is a bomb i don't know what you would consider a sucess, Avatar maybe? @smilepunch@

Draven

It's not dead. For whatever reason there's gonna be a hiatus until the fall. It sucks but you'll see GI Joe again. Then people will be talking about them again, they'll get figures that they think are really cool, they'll sing Hasbro's praises once again.

GI Joe's been in this spot before. It's been in WORSE spots, and it's come back. It'll be OK.

theendvi.jpg

@smilepunch@

• Like 1

theendvi.jpg

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Draven

@smilepunch@

I'm sorry doom and gloom guys. Your wrong. G.I.joe is out so that Hasbro isn't competing with itself for Iron Man II and because the movie figs weren't the success they had hoped for. Still a success though!

I understand blaming retailers... sometimes. The vvv mess really felt like their fault, but Hasbro let paramount design the movie, I'd blame them and Hasbro for the movie not meeting it's full potential. Hasbro set the price, and they admitted they were wrong on that part at least. I think how quickly they are moving away from the movie designs shows a realization that the movie wasn't 100% successful in that area either.

As far as decisions like the new nok, I agree with fan opinion there. It appears to be a bonehead move. But I know with ROC we got some name changes purly because of overseas copyright issues. Maybe that factors in here, and they named them before they canceled some of the overseas figs? That being said I still think a little editing etc. Could be used to make Joes American here and international elsewhere.

Has Hasbro made some mistakes, yes. Does it suck there's going to be barely any new product this year, yes. But despite the numerous setbacks Hasbro still managed to pull off a few good items for consumption this fall, as evidenced at Toyfair. So while G.I. Joe and COBRA may be down they're not out. The franchise has had it's peaks and valleys since it made it's return at the turn of the millennium and even though Hasbro has driven us all to pull our hair out at times with their formulaic 'one step forward, two steps back' routine, those of us who have kept the faith have been well rewarded. So just keep the faith my fellow Vipers and Greenshirts.

Need something to fill the void? dont show any fear here! :)

TM

I can't find those anywhere damnit are they Exclusives

Yes exclusive to Target by Unimax which also makes Bravo Team.

One of my Walmarts only has both Scarletts, Cover Girl, & Baroness on their pegs.