Superpowers1980

Green Arrow vs Hawkeye

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a batter archer?

• Green Arrow
    • Hawkeye

I don't know much about both, I am a casual fan of both characters but lack any in depth knowledge on either. But I want to see what others may think about which one is the best.

green-arrow-versus-hawkeye.jpg

• Like 1

I think Green Arrow is better when it comes down to pure archery skills. However, Hawkeye is probably the better overall fighter (he did masquerade as Ronin for a while and seems handy with a sword).

PharmV

I love both characters so this is a hard one. I'd say they're tied skill-wise, although I agree with Pharmocoviper that Hawkeye has overall more combat skill. Hawkeye has probably face more powerful foes (and a greater number of them) as well, though that probably doesn't matter. I'd have to give it a tie. And I rarely do that in superhero fights. But Merlyn the Archer (aka Merlyn the Magician) would kick both their asses in bow skills. B)

Green Arrow is a far more accomplished archer and a better marksman. He can make impossible shots with arrows tipped with such unwieldy shapes as boxing gloves, handcuffs, boomerangs, and hand grenades. Although Hawkeye also utilizes trick arrows, most of his are largely cylindrical.

In a fist fight though, it might have to go to Hawkeye who has received training in hand-to-hand combat from Captain America.

Yojoebro82, you're probably right!

Personally, I think I'm more fair. I love both Marvel and DC, so I go by character, not company. I say Capt. America will beat Batman every time, and I can explain why, although I can see it going the other way and can understand it happening. But with two characters like this, I can't really give either an honest edge over the other. They are just so much like clones of one another that there's really no difference. Possibly the only thing that would separate them is that GA is a lot older than Hawkeye and perhaps his skills have deteriorated, ie he is not as fast, his eyesight not as accurate, maybe his hand shakes a bit. That's the only way I can justify Hawkeye winning. But I'm sticking with a tie for this one.

Nixay, just fact-checked and my comments were irrelevant.

C'est la vie.

Edited by ARROW

Possibly the only thing that would separate them is that GA is a lot older than Hawkeye ...

You know, I'm not too sure about that.

I'd put Hawkeye at being in his early twenties and Green Arrow should like Superman and Batman be at a permanent twenty-nine. Mike Grell for some reason decided that Oliver Queen should be in his forties and started pulling back his hairline starting in The Longbow Hunters. I never thought this was a good idea. Subsequent writers and artists have unfortunately run with Grell's idea on this and so now it' become accepted that GA is older than his fellow JLAers.

MasterJailer wrote:

I'd put Hawkeye at being in his early twenties and Green Arrow should like Superman and Batman be at a permanent twenty-nine. Mike Grell for some reason decided that Oliver Queen should be in his forties and started pulling back his hairline starting in The Longbow Hunters. I never thought this was a good idea. Subsequent writers and artists have unfortunately run with Grell's idea on this and so now it' become accepted that GA is older than his fellow JLAers.

Yeah, I remember them aging him some in Longbow Hunters. But then I've always thought of GA as older. When they added his beard in the Silver Age it always made me think of him as being in his 40's. He always seemed older than his fellow JLA members, even in the 70's.

The solution is to go with "GOLDEN ARCHER" from SQUADRON SUPREME, and say he's the BEST archer in comics.

He's a MARVEL character, but he's an obvious and intentional rip-off of GREEN ARROW.

This way, MARVEL and DC fans can both walk away happy.

post-22811-12690085272351_thumb.jpg

The solution is to go with "GOLDEN ARCHER" from SQUADRON SUPREME, and say he's the BEST archer in comics.

He's a MARVEL character, but he's an obvious and intentional rip-off of GREEN ARROW.

I don't know anything about him, is he really any good?

Hey everyone,

Hawkeye has the fighting skills in hand to hand, but GA trained with a bow for survival on an island. Add in all his trick arrows and gadgets and he has an edge. Hand to hand Hawkeye wins b/c of the whole Ronin thing. But there is not doubt that GA is smarter and more clever. Add in his arching skills and its GA by along shot... He's a survivalist.

regards

Joshua

I don't know anything about him, is he really any good?

Read the "SQUADRON SUPREME" graphic novel by Mark Gruenwald. It'll tell you everything you want to know. GREAT story.

Remember...Gruenwald worked at MARVEL, but he was a JUSTICE LEAGUE fanatic. The SQUADRON SUPREME IS the JUSTICE LEAGUE...Every character is an intentional rip-off of the JL. Gruenwald wanted to tell the greatest JL story ever, but he had to do it within the confines of the MARVEL universe.

And we can throw in the Rainbow Archer just to mix things up.

I still say Merlyn the Archer beats them all. ;)

from what i heard from Marvel fans Hawkeye is one bad ass mofo, but i'm a DC so i'm going with GA

youre never going to hear it any other way from marvel fans. most will tell you that doop will be the spectre.