Moss Men Figures Are Sold Out!

Outsiders

You could always sell the figures you do not want, MasterJailer--and keep the ones you like. Given the obvious demand, you could tack on a premium and still easily sell the unwanted stuff to make it all worth your while.

I can't believe you support the idea of buying figures you don't want then going through the hassle of trying to sell them? Your running around trying to reason for Mattel which is beyond belief. Dude, Mattel screwed up, people are pissed from here to Timbuktu.

Actually, from Mattel's perspective, they didn't screw up at all. They sold out of their product. They had a very good day.

Well its a poor perspective. Even as a business model it doesn't make sense. People do not believe that business can be inherently evil or twisted for gain but I believe there is a small chance that Mattel actually produced lower than normal quantities in order to scam people into a subscription. I certainly don't want an Optik figure and why should I have to buy him when all I want is a Tytus that month. They know what they are doing between them and the scalpers. This whole MOTU has been a fiasco since day one.

His recent and past statements suggest that... I think the 2011 subscription will include bonus figures... Personally I just cant commit that much money to one toyline... The GF will be very happy...

I am not buying a subscription with bonus figs!! GRRR I do not want crap like Tytus.......

Draven

Don't forget random oddballs like optic as well

I'm undecided on him still my self... It will depend on my cash flow at the time of his release. My point with optik though is that even if you don't subscribe to the bonus figure thing or how ever they do it , you can still get screwed in a subscription by guys like that

I think they should put out a list of figures that will come out in 2011. Even if no pics are shown at least people had an idea if they wanna "tie" up their money on the line for a whole year.

But I know that is not going to happen.

EM

I have a 2010 subscription, and it's been relatively painless and easy for me (I have Moss Man on the way and wouldn't have otherwise), but on principle alone I won't be doing the 2011 subscription. Mattel is being too ridiculous. I'd rather pay a reseller more on eBay than reward Mattel for their refusal to produce more action figures they know people would buy.

Buying from bbts or ebay sellers only serves to further reward mattel :S its really a no win situation lol aside for mattel that is :S

I'm back and forth, when i first say Tytus and Gygor i really wanted em, then decided to skip em cause I doidnt really care, now I'm contemplating that All-in subscription idea they're tossing around. I wish i'd make up my damn mind, haha.

The 2010 sub has been great for not having to worry about most figure though. Cept Battlecat, but he was easy enough to order.

Thing is i don't want to be forced to buy bonus stuff! I have no interest in any bonus figs they showed so far past Battlecat! So I don't want that crap being forced down my throat! Its bad enough i have to get stuff like Optik and She Ra if i did not want them.

Draven

Buying from bbts or ebay sellers only serves to further reward mattel :S its really a no win situation lol aside for mattel that is :S

That statement Synch is not correct. Since Mattel has no clue who the ebay scalpers are or who buys for BBTS. Everything goes up for sale same time every month. A sale is a sale to mattel they don't care who's buying.

BBTS most likely has several people placing max of 10 orders at sale time to cover their preorders and the ebay scalpers I have read have family members log on to help them get more than max of 10 so buying from ebay or BBTS is in no way rewards mattel since they already made their money by selling out the product.

Although I do agree that going to ebay or high priced stores like BBTS will only make the problem of fast sell outs continue. If Collectors stopped ordering their MOTUC from BBTS and ebay then the figures might start lasting longer on sale days but not as long as collectors do business with BBTS and high priced ebay scalpers.

& as long as people continue to buy from the sellers they continue to buy more & more from mattel which = serves to further reward mattel with sales. The statement I made is totally true

BBTS and other reseller sites probably have a ton of subscriptions. They didn't put a limit on those did they? I am probably going to buy the sub for next year and sell off what I don't want, like NA and POP. Probably some of the oversized ones, too. I wish they would offer a preorder system instead.

Thats what I assume... BBTS has subscriptions or even a set number of units allocated to them by Mattel. I have to agree pre-order probably will be the best way for them at least make everyone happy. But at the very least at least allow tiered subscription like: Everything (monthly figures, bonus and the beasts/giants) or just the monthly figures. I don't think thats complicated for them to handle.

Thats what I assume... BBTS has subscriptions or even a set number of units allocated to them by Mattel. I have to agree pre-order probably will be the best way for them at least make everyone happy. But at the very least at least allow tiered subscription like: Everything (monthly figures, bonus and the beasts/giants) or just the monthly figures. I don't think thats complicated for them to handle.

But then Mattel cant shove every figure down our throats...

what the hell happened to items being available for at least a whole day?! I saw a pic in Matty's facebook of a guy having 2 computers & 2 Iphone logged in all at the same time......collecting this line just got ugly. it's so ridiculous.

and Matty hasn't addressed the issue about we, the fans, not wanting to commit on a Subscription we don't even know what the heck we will get for the year.

I assume it's a pre set number of units allocated to them. They knew how many bonus figures and re-issues they were going to get and subscriptions (this year anyway) won't help you out with those.

For example right now they have 60 Fakers and 78 Hordaks available for pre-order. Their website allows you to enter ridiculous quantities (like 5000 or so) in your shopping cart and the site will correct it to what they have available.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE