Moss Men Figures Are Sold Out!

Outsiders

Wow! That was a very fast sell out, but Matty did make a statement that Moss-Man would since they didn't have much more beyond the 2010 subscriptions.

I was lucky and used the bundle link I posted in this forum, Got my unflocked ears Moss-Man and stratos no problem. Already got my email order confirmation too.

Now that Mattel is aware that there is a very large percentage of non subsribers who order also, they should be able to antisapate this for the 2011 subscriptions and make sure they have plenty of product each month to let the non subscribers be able to purchase avoiding 5 minute sell outs.

If they say oh we had way more subscribers for the 2011 than the 2009 & 2010 ones so we don't have much more product than that will be a complete BS statement. They know now how it works so step up to the plate Mattel and make plenty of product from she-ra on to give everyone a fair shot on sale dates.

Wow! That was a very fast sell out, but Matty did make a statement that Moss-Man would since they didn't have much more beyond the 2010 subscriptions.

I was lucky and used the bundle link I posted in this forum, Got my unflocked ears Moss-Man and stratos no problem. Already got my email order confirmation too.

Now that Mattel is aware that there is a very large percentage of non subsribers who order also, they should be able to antisapate this for the 2011 subscriptions and make sure they have plenty of product each month to let the non subscribers be able to purchase avoiding 5 minute sell outs.

If they say oh we had way more subscribers for the 2011 than the 2009 & 2010 ones so we don't have much more product than that will be a complete BS statement. They know now how it works so step up to the plate Mattel and make plenty of product from she-ra on to give everyone a fair shot on sale dates.

She-Ra is the first figure that supposedly will be produced in a larger quantity... So she will sell out in 30 minutes instead of 10?... I cant wait for next months... I heard 2011 Subscription will include bonus figures... Is that correct?...

I just hope more went to collectors then scalpers..

Good luck on that. Over at matty forums someone already saw a seller on ebay sold 24 units at $80 each.

yea "most people don't buy multiple" my arse toy guru

The SOB is turning a blind eye... Ebay is proof... I rather he just tell us to f off instead of all this crap he is spitting out months after months...

What was his reasoning again for multiple orders?? Something about over seas customers having cheaper shipping? Why would someone in this or any country need 10 other, than to sell? oh maybe guru thinks that the person is going to give them away to poor children in Africa or Romania or Burma.....mmmm in which case a toy would probably the last thing they want or need.

I'm going to sell my flocked ears Moss Man for at least $100. I only wanted the unflocked anyway.

Shhhh! You're not supposed to say that bro...lol, unless you want negative comments from the ones who didn't get any

Here is my open letter to Toyguru, Mattel, and Digital River:

Toyguru - you are a failure and should be fired. Not only are you a colossal idiot you have the tact of an insect and the vision of a blind man. Do us all a favor and quit before you could hopefully be fired.

Mattel - your a failure as a company, your corporate blunders could only be performed by undeserving management, they all should be fired as well

Digital River - Your a hack company out of your league with real professionals, you all should go jump into a real river with lead in your shoes.

This is unbelievably immature.

You are actually openly declaring that someone should get fired, a company is a "failure", and another company should fold..........because you did not get your toys??

From a business standpoint........each of these three parties did what they were required to do.....they appear to have gotten the product to sell out.

And yet you deem that a fault worthy of demanding people be fired from their jobs?????????

My God, but what kind of utterly bizarre impression do you think your words give people new to toy collecting/fandom?

It certainly sounds like you need a new approach to collecting, and perhaps more than a little educating here. You have read that Mattel has said they make their estimates on production runs as far back as 6 months ago, haven't you?

I just do not get these incredibly infantile kinds of tantrums from people.

Dude whatever, people are pissed every month and I can be as upset as I feel like. If I ran an operation like this at my job it would of been over a long time ago! After a while this type of operation is not acceptable. You may be ok with an operation like this but most are not. It makes total sense. If make 100 toys but the demand is 250, then yes I will sell 100 but why not make and sell 250 products and secure more purchases and retain consumers. This operation is alienating most.

• Like 2

Dude whatever, people are pissed every month and I can be as upset as I feel like. If I ran an operation like this at my job it would of been over a long time ago! After a while this type of operation is not acceptable. You may be ok with an operation like this but most are not. It makes total sense. If make 100 toys but the demand is 250, then yes I will sell 100 but why not make and sell 250 products and secure more purchases and retain consumers. This operation is alienating most.

You really do not get it, do you?

You did not read the forewarned messages from Mattel about this production run, did you?

You genuinely do not see anything beyond your own wants?

You are UPSET at not getting a TOY??????????? :rolleyes:

One has to wonder how other, more "genuine" calamities in life affect you.....

• Like 1

You really do not get it, do you?

You did not read the forewarned messages from Mattel about this production run, did you?

You genuinely do not see anything beyond your own wants?

You are UPSET at not getting a TOY??????????? rolleyes.gif

One has to wonder how other, more "genuine" calamities in life affect you.....

I get it and don't accept it!!

The problem is you don't get it. There is one avenue for these things and that avenue should at least be plentiful and responsive, if not changes have to be made, whether its a toy or a motorcycle. You are devaluing the situation because its a toy....well leave the forums if they have so little value to you

• Like 3

I didnt even bother... It looks like flocked Mossman will be worth hundreds of dollars... Since the reissue will most likely be unflocked...

Nor did I. It's just not worth the aggrivation. I got pre-orders in at an online etailer for almost everything announced so far. Price per figure is a little higher but shipping cost to here in Canada is lower which offsets the cost of the figure. It's also faster. I think said and done I pay about $5.00 more than ordering from Matty and I get it about 2 weeks or more faster. Totally worth for to me.

Here is my open letter to Toyguru, Mattel, and Digital River:

Toyguru - you are a failure and should be fired. Not only are you a colossal idiot you have the tact of an insect and the vision of a blind man. Do us all a favor and quit before you could hopefully be fired.

Mattel - your a failure as a company, your corporate blunders could only be performed by undeserving management, they all should be fired as well

Digital River - Your a hack company out of your league with real professionals, you all should go jump into a real river with lead in your shoes.

This is unbelievably immature.

You are actually openly declaring that someone should get fired, a company is a "failure", and another company should fold..........because you did not get your toys??

From a business standpoint........each of these three parties did what they were required to do.....they appear to have gotten the product to sell out.

And yet you deem that a fault worthy of demanding people be fired from their jobs?????????

My God, but what kind of utterly bizarre impression do you think your words give people new to toy collecting/fandom?

It certainly sounds like you need a new approach to collecting, and perhaps more than a little educating here. You have read that Mattel has said they make their estimates on production runs as far back as 6 months ago, haven't you?

I just do not get these incredibly infantile kinds of tantrums from people.

Goodness! You've gotten some negative feedback on your post. Despite the fact I think you're right, that just further drives home your point IMO.

Toyguru isn't going to be fired. He's heading up a line that year sells out consistantly in under half an hour. He's going to get a very fat bonus this year.

I just hope more went to collectors then scalpers..

Good luck on that. Over at matty forums someone already saw a seller on ebay sold 24 units at $80 each.

yea "most people don't buy multiple" my arse toy guru

The SOB is turning a blind eye... Ebay is proof... I rather he just tell us to f off instead of all this crap he is spitting out months after months...

What was his reasoning again for multiple orders?? Something about over seas customers having cheaper shipping? Why would someone in this or any country need 10 other, than to sell? oh maybe guru thinks that the person is going to give them away to poor children in Africa or Romania or Burma.....mmmm in which case a toy would probably the last thing they want or need.

The idea is people who live in other countries go in together to save on what can be a very high shipping cost. I know someone who does this, he and 6 of his friends all went in together to keep the shipping reasonable.

Granted it does open the floodgates for resell but that's a whole other argument.

Goodness! You've gotten some negative feedback on your post. Despite the fact I think you're right, that just further drives home your point IMO.

Toyguru isn't going to be fired. Quite the opposite I think. He's heading up a line that year sells out consistantly in under half an hour. He's going to get a very nice bonus this year.

Yea, the poor buggers are giving themselves carpal-tunnel syndrome trying to click my reputation toggle as fast as they can.

• Like 2

I had no problems today, but I had huge difficulties with Battle Cat. I feel the pain.

They will re-release Moss Man, after the quick sell out today. Both versions? I'd guess no, however one never knows.

For the people complaining about, why they have so few of the figures, or why they couldn't have made more sooner than the She-Ra release..... making these figures is not an over night job. The reason it takes 6 months for them to up production is because of everything that goes into them. They can't just make a call one night and say we wants 200 more. It takes time.

This line went from a small fan base, to a much larger one in a relatively short period of time. Because of this, they are under producing right now. In time they will figure it out, and everyone will be happy. And THEY WILL re-release the quick sell outs. People will have the opportunity to get their favorite character, just might have to wait a few months. And if you can't, check out local toy shops (not retail, privately owned). My local toy shop sells them 8 dollars above Matty's price. So basically its the same price with shipping.

The problem is you don't get it. There is one avenue for these things and that avenue should at least be plentiful and responsive, if not changes have to be made, whether its a toy or a motorcycle. You are devaluing the situation because its a toy....well leave the forums if they have so little value to you

Did you EVER consider that Mattel can go and do a new production run of the figure?

No??

I AM devaluing your situation because it is: inane, embarassing, juvenile, immature, ignorant, pointless and completely unnecessary. I have no problem mocking you for that.

You are enraged and demanding that people BE FIRED, and COMPANIES BE CLOSED DOWN because you could not buy a toy today--a toy that can be offered again as many times as warranted.......and you claim you "get it". @loll@

You genuinely cannot see past your own knee-jerk reaction to this, and realize that all is NOT lost and that you WILL get another chance.

• Like 1

This operation is alienating most.

Not even close. They're not selling toys now. They're selling subscriptions for next year. A whole mess of guaranteed sales. Think about how many people have posted they don't want the obscure characters like Optikk? How many more of those are going to come out next year as a bunch of the 'major' characters are already done. This way next year they're going to sell everything.

My main objective at my job is sales. As a salesman I've been watching these things sellwhile watching Matty's 'responses to it. The fans are screaming for an all in subscription which they'll buy without even knowing most of what they're buying. All the while the salesman in me is thinking to myself "Man, that's clever...."

Without naming names, if you're once again ripping Mattel for being a bad company because you didn't get what you wanted then at best you're a hypocrite and at worst you're a whore. You know who you are.

All you guys hate Mattel so much you're up on Matty Collector every third week of the month trying to get you're DCUC or you're MOTUC. Checking your local toy stores daily for the latest product. When you get them Mattel is the best in the world. When you don't Mattel sucks. Sideshow Collectibles used to have preorders that sold out in LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES. That doesn't make them a bad company, it makes their products popular. It also means some people become the odd men out. Life ain't fair and toy collecting is part of life.

If Mattel was such a bad company you'd be telling it to screw with your wallet as opposed to continually complaining about the same problems again and again and again. It's laughable and quite frankly at this point you get what you deserve.

You want to collect these lines? Then suck up the bad and deal with it. But none of you have the balls to stop collecting this stuff until Mattel gets its act together do you? All you care about is getting your toys.

In short, Mattel can't be doing that bad of a job because you're constantly going back for more. Tell me I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Did you EVER consider that Mattel can go and do a new production run of the figure?

No??

I AM devaluing your situation because it is: inane, embarassing, juvenile, immature, ignorant, pointless and completely unnecessary. I have no problem mocking you for that.

You are enraged and demanding that people BE FIRED, and COMPANIES BE CLOSED DOWN because you could not buy a toy today--a toy that can be offered again as many times as warranted.......and you claim you "get it". @loll@

You genuinely cannot see past your own knee-jerk reaction to this, and realize that all is NOT lost and that you WILL get another chance.

Arrow, you gonna tell me again that collecting toys isn't an addiction? lol

My main objective at my job is sales. As a salesman I've been watching these things sellwhile watching Matty's 'responses to it. The fans are screaming for an all in subscription which they'll buy without even knowing most of what they're buying. All the while the salesman in me is thinking to myself "Man, that's clever....

Yea, it IS clever.

The optimum situation is to have supply meet the demand, but if there's still some demand leftover when the supply runs out.....hey, even better. One can always re-supply when there is still a demand.

For the whiners out there, here's a quote that might assist you in putting things in perspective:

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"--Marcus Aurelius

In other words, if you are upset by this YOU are making a bigger deal of it than it really is.

I'm amazed that people still believe all the crap that comes out of Mattel an Toy guru's mouth,thus becoming enraged when they can't get their figures on matty's site each month. I didn' have any doubts that today would be a repeat of the battle cat/trap jaw fiasco from last month (granted I actually managed to get both of them); it is very obvious what their strategy is, plain and simple they are pushing for everyone who wants a figure to get a subscription, if not why else would they be making only a few "extras" for day of sale of any given figure, it has been over a year, so claiming they didn't now there were so many non subscriber customers is BS, and I wouldn't be susrprised If by next year they make the line subscription only. I didn' have any problems today simple cause I was not interested in getting mossman or stratos, but I know It will be the same for Evil Lyn, that is why I preordered online, I will give it a try on the 19th as I want the 12" Venkman figure too, but I wont be holding my breath on getting her. While I think the line is great in general, I am not interested in getting all the figures, only those I really like, and seeing how it is being handled I've decided I'm better of dealing with etailers than with matty, and while I think their strategy is brilliant (from a sales point of view), it is a really shitty practice to push for subscriptions like this (deliberately making it a hell of an experience to get individual items). I'm actually glad Ghostbusters is a slow selling line so I don´t have to deal with this BS everytime a new figure comes (granted that is not often).

Some folks literally have the full-fledged symptoms, don't they??

I actually thank GOD that I'm not like that.

Some folks literally have the full-fledged symptoms, don't they??

I actually thank GOD that I'm not like that.

And I thank God I'm not like that anymore.

I'm going to sell my flocked ears Moss Man for at least $100. I only wanted the unflocked anyway.

Shhhh! You're not supposed to say that bro...lol, unless you want negative comments from the ones who didn't get any

I would sit on him for a while... Especially if Mattel is only reissuing unflocked version... He might be in the 200 dollar range by next year... It must suck being a completist... LOL...

I wonder if anyone got burned by forgeting about the time change?

No... But I was a little late for work...

Without naming names, if you're once again ripping Mattel for being a bad company because you didn't get what you wanted then at best you're a hypocrite and at worst you're a whore. You know who you are.

All you guys hate Mattel so much you're up on Matty Collector every third week of the month trying to get you're DCUC or you're MOTUC. Checking your local toy stores daily for the latest product. When you get them Mattel is the best in the world. When you don't Mattel sucks. Sideshow Collectibles used to have preorders that sold out in LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES. That doesn't make them a bad company, it makes their products popular. It also means some people become the odd men out. Life ain't fair and toy collecting is part of life.

If Mattel was such a bad company you'd be telling it to screw with your wallet as opposed to continually complaining about the same problems again and again and again. It's laughable and quite frankly at this point you get what you deserve.

You want to collect these lines? Then suck up the bad and deal with it. But none of you have the balls to stop collecting this stuff until Mattel gets its act together do you? All you care about is getting your toys.

In short, Mattel can't be doing that bad of a job because you're constantly going back for more. Tell me I'm wrong.

Very well said and thought out. I agree completely.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE