Captain America movie casting

Rockzilla

There was a really TERRIBLE casting rumor for Cap in the upcoming movie. Apparently someone was actually considering John Krasinski (that dork from the office) for Captain America. Casting that douchebag would be a HUGE MISTAKE. Wasn't Topher Grace (dork from that 70s show) as Venom bad enough? Luckily enough people were disgusted by the terrible choice, so Marvel Studios is expanding their search for a possible Cap. For me this is such a huge relief. Seriously, Krasinski is SO bad that I would rather have Sam Worthington or freaking Will Smith as Captain America.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=15693

Now there is one other thing that could be bad, and that is that Joe Johnston is the director. The guy is not exactly known for making good movies.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/joe_johnston/

It ends up, the rumor of Krasinski being considered the leading contender for the role of Captain America was supposed to last until April 1st, when they were going to announce that he had won, followed by a long, empty page of space, ending with the exclamation of:

APRIL FOOLS !!!

It was all just going to be a huge joke, but they realized how much of an uproar the comic fans were in, so, in order to quash the fans fears and negativity, had to nix it by saying Krasinski was no longer in the running.

Also, word is that they were surprised by how many people actually liked, and got behind, the idea of Krasinski for the role remarking, "What a bunch of doofuses!"

Still, none of the contenders are who I would have considered. A couple of mine are:

Ryan McPartlin (In the latest episode of CHUCK, McPartlin is talking face to face with Brandon Routh, both the same height, and all I could think was, "There's Superman talking to Captain America." Plus, Lynda Carter look-a-like, Sarah Lancaster, was sunbathing by the pool and I thought, "There's Wonder Woman." Furthermore, Yvonne Strahovski would make a great Ms Marvel. In addition, there were two other superhero actors in the episode: Adam Baldwin voiced Superman in SUPERMAN: DOOMSDAY, and Diedrich Bader voices Batman on BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD.)

Jensen Ackles

Whether you have a great actor that looks nothing like the established physical parameters of a well established character, or you have a poor actor that does look like the established physical parameters of a well established character, you don't have the full character.

Integrity should be maintained and a movie adaptation of a comic should respect the source material.

I was never a fan of Iron Man in the comics. Then, the movie came out and it was pure AWESOME! Why? A lot of it had to do with how they stayed so true to the comics. If they can make me love a movie about a comic book character I didn't care that much about, just think of how I would feel about a movie adaptation of a comic character that I DO care about if they stay that true to the source material.

wait a second.. Johnston had some good movies too... October Sky is great, Hidalgo was Awesome!

As for Krasinski, he doesn't fit the part just because of the way his face is shaped IMO... but he is no douchebag! I love him.

I think they should choose Cris Pine, the new Kirk

Anyone watch the show Chuck? The guy who plays Chuck's brother in law, "Dr. Awesome", would make a good Cap, I think. Check it out and tell me if I'm wrong.

I got nothing against John Krashinski, like him on the Office, but as Cap? Sorry.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=15699 :D

Well more good news! I'm just waiting for someplace to say the krasinski rumor was a joke all along.

Sorry If I struck some nerves, I just don't like when movie studios screw up on casting. Not to mention I don't care for the office. :P I like Rickey Gervais and Steve Carrel though.

There was a really TERRIBLE casting rumor for Cap in the upcoming movie. Apparently someone was actually considering John Krasinski (that dork from the office) for Captain America. Casting that douchebag would be a HUGE MISTAKE. Wasn't Topher Grace (dork from that 70s show) as Venom bad enough? Luckily enough people were disgusted by the terrible choice, so Marvel Studios is expanding their search for a possible Cap. For me this is such a huge relief. Seriously, Krasinski is SO bad that I would rather have Sam Worthington or freaking Will Smith as Captain America.

http://www.comicbook...n/news/?a=15693

Now there is one other thing that could be bad, and that is that Joe Johnston is the director. The guy is not exactly known for making good movies.

http://www.rottentom...y/joe_johnston/

Hear hear! <sigh of relief> :P As to the April Fools I think they should say Marlon Wayans got the role! hahaha

Well, they had me worried. unsure.gif

It would be nice if Joe Johnston was also an April Fools joke.

I hope they still consider Jensen Ackles. I love Supernatural and he is a pretty good actor.

Joe Johnston made the wolfman. the best universal horror remake ever! he rekindled my love for all things classic horror. that movie wasnt overly gorey and it was made with love. so i'm all for him to make captain america.

Ah... Hidalgo, thanks for jogging that memory Clam. I totally forgot how awesome that movie was!

As for Cap, I wouldn't mind seeing Kirk get it either.

Can't think of his name right off but what do you guys think of the guy from Human Target?

yeah I like him.. not sure how much I like him as Cap... but they are obviously going for somebody younger

Can't think of his name right off but what do you guys think of the guy from Human Target?

yeah I like him.. not sure how much I like him as Cap... but they are obviously going for somebody younger

Mark Valley, that guy has Steve Rogers written all over his face, unfortunately he's older than what they're going for. I remember seeing him a couple of years ago on a rerun of E.R. and at the same I was reading Brubaker's Cap run and thinking to myself this guy is Cap. I still think he would be perfect for modern day Cap but not for origin WW2 Cap which is what the movie is about.

Mark Valley, that guy has Steve Rogers written all over his face, unfortunately he's older than what they're going for. I remember seeing him a couple of years ago on a rerun of E.R. and at the same I was reading Brubaker's Cap run and thinking to myself this guy is Cap. I still think he would be perfect for modern day Cap but not for origin WW2 Cap which is what the movie is about.

maybe have him in a sequel set in modern day

It looks like Chris Evans is Captain America...

Yep, apparently it's official now. Too bad, I wish they wouldn't try to play it safe and would hire another actor! Chris Evans is just a mediocre actor all together. I had high hopes for this when I heard that Hugo Weaving was gonna play the Red Skull now... not so much. Oh well, we'll see what happens now!

Yep, apparently it's official now. Too bad, I wish they wouldn't try to play it safe and would hire another actor! Chris Evans is just a mediocre actor all together. I had high hopes for this when I heard that Hugo Weaving was gonna play the Red Skull now... not so much. Oh well, we'll see what happens now!

Its hard locking down a good actor for 6 plus movies... I guess this is as good as it gets...

Its hard locking down a good actor for 6 plus movies... I guess this is as good as it gets...

Not only for six movies, but some of them filming back to back. That takes a lot of someones time. Sure they'll get paid, but being the focus actor in one movie, part of a group in another and filming in different locations. There's a lot of stress there, esspecially whne you have the geek nation looking at everything you are doing.