POC Desert Rockslide *IN HAND PICS/REVEIW*

Got a chance to pick up one of these a little while back, and thought I'd throw some pics up here for you guys.

Usually, I'm dead set against repaints for the sake of repaints, but occasionally Hasbro does such a fine job that it's easy to overlook my general objections. That's the case with the Desert Rockslide.

iso.jpg

While the logistics of driving this vehicle over anything other than sand would be frightening in real life, in a fantasy military world it seems a bit more appealing. The repaint of the vehicle itself is fantastic. The three color desert camo work nicely at giving this vehicle a slightly real world look while maintaining the fantastic elements that we've all come to appreciate in Joe.

interior.jpg

The vehicle has a new sticker set, including some very cool shark teeth (always a bonus) and kill marks. Evidently, Dusty is quite the marksman. As you can see from the pics, I added a small hole in the back of the vehicle to have a stowage area for Dusty's backpack when he's in the cockpit. It's a little thing, but I dig it.

teeth.jpg

stowage.jpg

As for Dusty himself, the figure is much improved in my opinion. His color palette is a bit darker and warmer and his digi's feature the camo pattern present on many of the other movie style figures. The contrast of the colored hands and lack of a havelock help to differentiate this version from the previous DVD pack version nicely. Unfortunately, there is no battle stand.

frt.jpg

back.jpg

comparison.jpg

Overall, I reccomend adding this vehicle and figure to your collection when these show up at retail. You won't be disappointed.

Nice idea with the hole for the backpack. the vehicle does look pretty sharp.

There's nothing in this pack that makes me want, need, or like it. The Vehicle looks weird in the snow... downright ridiculous for desert conveyance, and the Dusty figure doesn't offer much of anything if you have the DVD set version.

They *look* good, no doubt there. But there's no reason for me to own it.

Great review, tho. That backpack stowage is pretty cool!

There's nothing in this pack that makes me want, need, or like it. The Vehicle looks weird in the snow... downright ridiculous for desert conveyance, and the Dusty figure doesn't offer much of anything if you have the DVD set version.

They *look* good, no doubt there. But there's no reason for me to own it.

Great review, tho. That backpack stowage is pretty cool!

i hear ya man glad this got caned.

I would say shame it got canned, but i probably wouldn't pick it up for the near 20$ local shops want for alpha vehicles.

I saw a custom that replaced the front skis with tires and it looked 10 times more practical.

The dusty looks nice but I miss his name tag.

thanks for the review!

Dusty is my favorite character... and I might have picked it up just for him... but I do prefer the original one.

However, I am still waiting for a dang true RAH Dusty paint job! dammit!