Anybody else having their local stores used as a dumping ground?

Ganesha

I noticed this past week that there was a massive amount of DCUC figures on the shelves at the local Target.

There was some stuff there that I've never seen before, Green Arrow, and Hawkgirl.

Unfortunately there was a ton of old w7 junk and some W10 stuff. @hmmm@

Clearly some unscrupulous individual is using my local Target as the dumping ground to cycle inventory at their local store. I am mighty displeased at this development. @grumpy@

My only Wally has dropped DCUC entirely. My Targets both have a couple SBPE and a metric arseload of All-Stars (Especially Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman). My TRU has Captain Cold, an "Only at TRU" Ted Kord, and ten Rsclusive Batmen.

Thanks are due to my friend a few miles away who found Iron for me at his Wally. I'm gettin' scared for my chances of getting (white) Mary Marvel!

Its possible they got a mixed case like Target was getting.

How would that explain a Powergirl @ Target though? ;)

I've read tales of people buying up inventory at one store and dumping it at another to force re-stock. It's pretty clear that's what's going on here.

Especially since whenever I scan a DCUC figure they show none in stockroom.

The newest and closest Target has gotten rid of their shelf space for DCUC! @hmmm@ But they still have the crappy WGH line!! @grumpy@

Double check. Two Target stores here have reset their toy sections. DCUC have been moved away from the plastic horse / dinosaur bins and an aisle over to the new layout. Which is largely Iron Man 2 toys. DCUC should now be on the bottom shelf if your Target is still carrying them.

What's WGH?

Its possible they got a mixed case like Target was getting.

How would that explain a Powergirl @ Target though? ;)

I've read tales of people buying up inventory at one store and dumping it at another to force re-stock. It's pretty clear that's what's going on here.

Especially since whenever I scan a DCUC figure they show none in stockroom.

The newest and closest Target has gotten rid of their shelf space for DCUC! @hmmm@ But they still have the crappy WGH line!! @grumpy@

Double check. Two Target stores here have reset their toy sections. DCUC have been moved away from the plastic horse / dinosaur bins and an aisle over to the new layout. Which is largely Iron Man 2 toys. DCUC should now be on the bottom shelf if your Target is still carrying them.

What's WGH?

Is it a wave 10 PG with the CnC piece? Cause I read they were going to re-release her as an all star or whatever.

Is it a wave 10 PG with the CnC piece? Cause I read they were going to re-release her as an all star or whatever.

Yep!

It's not the re-release. It's the Wal-mart release.

This isn't the first time I've seen some fishy stuff returned at this Target. Someone returned a JLU three pack, the one that came with Apache Chief. Only they replaced the the figures with Superman, Forager, and some other character that wasn't the one listed on the package.

I thought it may have been an error, but I inspected the package and the bottom was tampered with. Someone devised a method of getting the tray out of the package without removing the card, swapped out the figures and then returned it.

Those Jerks! @grumpy@

Yep!

This isn't the first time I've seen some fishy stuff returned at this Target. Someone returned a JLU three pack, the one that came with Apache Chief. Only they replaced the the figures with Superman, Forager, and some other character that wasn't the one listed on the package.

I thought it may have been an error, but I inspected the package and the bottom was tampered with. Someone devised a method of getting the tray out of the package without removing the card, swapped out the figures and then returned it.

Those Jerks! 893Grumpy-thumb.gif

Thats easy to do if you open the package carefully then superglue back into place. The returns cant tell if it has been opened or not.

Yep!

Those Jerks! 893Grumpy-thumb.gif

Thats easy to do if you open the package carefully then superglue back into place. The returns cant tell if it has been opened or not.

Some people don't even try to be sneaky. I was at a TRU last week and some douche returned Jakks WWE figs in the new Mattel WWE packages. They didn't even try to reseal the package other than use regular tape. And a lot of it. It was just so obvious. Why the workers from TRU let them return these is beyond me. All they had to do was look at the figure and then look at the picture of the figure that was supposed to be in the pack and it'd be pretty obvious it was a bogus return.

Well the offending figures were still there; so I pointed it out to the fellow I usually see working in that section. He scanned the PG figure, outputted error. Also pointed out the JLU 3-pack.

Hopefully some good comes of this.

It could also be a local scalper/dealer dumping is excess unsellable wares at a store to get a refund. The one thing about scalping is that keeping an overhead is a killer for profits, especially if the demand seems down. Its also a bit of a boon to collectors because this "practise" can put sought items back into circulation.

Yeah, I honestly didn't mind the Hawkgirls and Green Arrows (although Vash here helped me score a GA a few months ago); but for the love of Zod! No more Cirque de Soleil Aquaman, Flash, Captain Cold, Dr. Impossible, and Wonder Woman. @grumpy@

I don't even know how the can return stuff to Target unless they have the receipt. My local store will only let you return stuff if you have the receipt, or the card that you bought the items with. If you don't have a receipt they'll let you return them for half price, which unless this person doesn't care about money then it doesn't make a whole lotta sense to return them. Unless that's just my store?

Do they have the same numbers on the receipts? If they do someone could buy a fig from TRU and then return another DCUC with that receipt. Or maybe they have a friend that works there and is taking it back without the receipt.

Same thing has happened at my Target, someone returned a DCUC 10 Forager. They also got some weird new refresher case that included Ocean Suck Aquaman, Mr. Terrific, Barda, Vigilante, Deadshot & Black Canary, figures from Wave 7,8,& 9. I think it will be a whole year (from when wave 9 hit) before Target gets new waves in if they ever do again.