DCUC Re-Released 2 Packs @ TRU Now

BlackLantern

For those who never got to pick up the Cyborg Superman/Mongul 2 Pack or the Abin Sur/Hal Jordan 2 Pack, they are now being sent to Toys R Us with the Lex/Supergirl 2 Pack. I am posting this because it seems not everyone knows about this, and I am hearing that there will only be 1 or 2 of these cases each sent out to Toys R Us because of how many Clayface/Batman and Superman/Brainiac 2 Packs sat on the shelf forever. So, get these while you can if you missed out around Christmas 2008. The Lex/Supergirl 2 Pack is also VERY nice!

DC-2PacksBig.jpg

It would be nice if some of the Toys'R'Us's in the Chicagoland area actually started carrying some friggin' toys and finally got these in! I went to every TRU within 25 miles of me and not one had any DCUC worth speaking of. If anything, one or two Cyborgs and nothing else.

I grabbed the lantern pack last weekend. I thought that I had just lucked out and they had found those in the back somewhere and put them out because of the recent reset. Either way I was very happy to get the lantern pack, since this was the first that I had personally saw of any of them myself. Also their was the mongul-cyborg supes two pack(1), but no supergirl-lex pack at the location that I picked up mine. Good luck to the rest of you all in finding the two packs that you are searching for.

I really want that Supergirl two pack, I was going to buy the MOTUC Skeletor/Lex two pack just for Lex, but I didn't realize that was out. Good thing too, between the regular Skeletor, Toothless Skeletor, and Keldor, I'll be Skeletored out.

The Lantern pack sat at my TRU FOREVER! I wouldn't be surprised if the couple they had were the ones from before and not the reissued ones.

Supergirl/Lex is now sold out at TRU.com...I've been checking it everyday. damn it!

Sometimes they appear on their site as sold out.

Got my Supergirl/Lex. Really surprising considering how my area always seems to get things last. Passed on the GLs for now, or at least until I can rationalize having a second Hal. What really shocked me though were that the DCUC/MOTUC 2-packs were there also. No interest in them, and I don't think they go well together other than for height. Two different body sculpts really is apparent when packaged together like that.

The Lantern pack sat at my TRU FOREVER! I wouldn't be surprised if the couple they had were the ones from before and not the reissued ones.

This is not how it is where I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I NEVER saw the GL 2 Pack or the Cyborg Superman/Mongul 2 Pack when they were released the first time. I hunted at EVERY Toys R Us in the state and even checked other states Toys R Us when I was out of town, and I never once saw either of those 2 Packs. I only saw 1 Azreal/Batgirl 2 Pack ever also. Thats why the GL 2 Pack and Superman/Mongul 2 Pack went for an easy $50 - $70 on Ebay for a long time. I am glad they are re-released now.

I checked my local (ish..) TRU today at Town Center and there was no signs of the Re-released 2-packs or DCUC vs MOTUC 2-packs. There were, however, many of the All-Star TRU exclusive Batman.

I checked the same TRU a few days ago, and they had lots of the Batman, and no new 2 Packs. As I said before, these re-released 2 Packs and new 2 Packs are going to be tough to find. I am glad I already found them.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a Supergirl/Lex and the Hal/Abin 2-packs the other day. I was pretty disappointed that Supergirl had no holes in her feet. Was it that hard to give her a new foot instead of the old one? If anything, it would've differentiate her from the old one for those 1 or 2 collectors who actually care. Now I'll have to get one of those flight stands since the only way she'll stand is by leaning her against a post that's part of my shelf.

For those who want the Cyborg Superman (from the 2-pack). Beware: his legs are made of a much harder plastic than the newer figures. He doesn't stand that well. His crotch area is also slightly wider than DCUC crotches, giving him a very wide stance which contributes to his not standing that well. For this reason, I sold mine. Unless they re-release a newer one with the newer legs, I won't be getting another.