When did they hike up the DCU Classics??

JayCueBatman

I was at Walmart and saw the 75th Anniversarry DC Figures. I was going to pick up a Nightwing to have on my Wall MOC and after i saw the $15.49 Price tag i put it right back? I havent purchased an action fig in a very long time being that i switched to statues but really $15.49 thats VERY high for an action figure!

Hmm. They're still $14.97 here. If they rise any more, I'll be strictly Matty from now on.

Doesn't the shipping & Handling bother you guys?

You would go there because they might be cheaper but the S&H adds to it making it more then what the store sells it for

Hmm. They're still $14.97 here. If they rise any more, I'll be strictly Matty from now on.

You would go there because they might be cheaper but the S&H adds to it making it more then what the store sells it for

There's another thread where we figured this out, but w/ shipping, the prices are nearly the same...for those in states that don't get taxed by matty. In CA, for example, it's cheaper to buy in the store because I would get hit with tax and ship from matty. Someone in another state said they never got charged tax so the price at matty equaled the retail+tax price.

In any case, buying them from matty saves time and gas. On the other hand, you are stuck with whatever they send you (so if the fig you get has a chip in the paint your kinda stuck).

I was at my Wal-Mart today and there still 14.97 all 27 figures.

There's another thread where we figured this out, but w/ shipping, the prices are nearly the same...for those in states that don't get taxed by matty. In CA, for example, it's cheaper to buy in the store because I would get hit with tax and ship from matty. Someone in another state said they never got charged tax so the price at matty equaled the retail+tax price.

In any case, buying them from matty saves time and gas. On the other hand, you are stuck with whatever they send you (so if the fig you get has a chip in the paint your kinda stuck).

You are correct. I bought Wave 11 from Matty, and it would have been the same had I bought it at Walmart. Not to mention I've never seen all of wave 11 at Walmart, just Katma Tui, the Shark, and the Question.

BigBot84 wrote:

Not to mention I've never seen all of wave 11 at Walmart, just Katma Tui, the Shark, and the Question.

Hell, I've seen none of Wave 11 anywhere in Chicago, and all I want is the green Steppenwolf. Argh! @grumpy@

Yeah, my Target has DCUC for $16.49 each.

:o I turned my back on this line a while ago and I am definately NOT rethinking that decision. You guys have fun paying through the nose...

Thanks. We will have fun.

Well at least for me I would buy them in the store if I ever saw anything but best of waves. I seriously have not seen an entire wave in store since 7, and thats just sad. So really online is much cheaper for me, even with CO now charging online tax (bunch of bull), if only because I save on gas and frustration.

Yes, I think I posted that one a while back. A reiteration:

8 figure set - $120

Shipping - $8.70

Total from Matty - $128.70

$128.70 / 8 (figures)=$16.09 a figure buying Matty's box set

Wal-Mart's $14.97 after tax=$16.19

So, really, if it's above $14.97, it's a no-brainer. Unless you really need mint packages, then you can hunt around. I, myself, am a MOC collector, but I still prefer the Matty method. My W11 set was pretty darn good.

A Wal Mart about 30 miles from me put ALL of the DCUC on clearence for $9.00 after Wave 7 because they did not get ANY more for a long time, then they got Wave 10, and put it straight to the clearence aisle, still for $9 each and I bought an entire set of Wave 10 for $9 each. Then, they got Wave 11, and they put the figures BACK on the toy ailse, BUT they were STILL just $9 each, so I got a whole set of Wave 11 for that price. They got the second half of Wave 12 with Mary, Desaad, and Copperhead, so I also got those for $9 each and they STILL have not changed the price from $9 each. I guess people stopped hunting this Wal Mart because for a LONG time, they had nothing but Wave 7 Killer Moths and Mr. Miracles on clearence and did not get ANY new figures. Ever since, I buy them out every new wave. So, you can still get lucky and get these figures for cheap, you just have to find the right place, which may be 30 or more miles sometimes.

Some Targets still have them for $11.48, so like I said, you can still get lucky. The only time I pay the $15+ price is if I can not find the figure ANYWHERE else, or if I can get it from Matty.

Yes, I think I posted that one a while back. A reiteration:

8 figure set - $120

Shipping - $8.70

Total from Matty - $128.70

$128.70 / 8 (figures)=$16.09 a figure buying Matty's box set

Wal-Mart's $14.97 after tax=$16.19

So, really, if it's above $14.97, it's a no-brainer. Unless you really need mint packages, then you can hunt around. I, myself, am a MOC collector, but I still prefer the Matty method. My W11 set was pretty darn good.

Unless, like me, Matty charges you tax. And CA tax is 9.25%. Then it's more on matty because of shipping.

That said, knowing I can get these off matty has stopped me from calling and visiting the two walmarts in my area on a near daily basis. Now, if I happen to see them at walmart while there shopping for something else, great. If not, I'll pay the extra to get them off matty. It's just easier.

Prices are all over the board here as well. Some Wal-Marts are still $14.97, some are $15.47 - Target has gone up to $14.99 on DCUC but Public Enemies remain $12.99 - Worst of all is probably the new JLU singles at $8.99!! Lot of dough for a 4 inch fig.