Who is stronger Superman or Captain Marvel

Superpowers1980

Superman hovering above him saying "Nobody hits buildings in my town"

damn straight! i dont even like supes, and i know that no one can defeat him over all! (bad or good writing)

He sounds like God when you talk about him! hahaha wink.gif

I love when you laugh at us, it makes us feel sooooo bad....hahahahahaha

• Like 1

Superman hovering above him saying "Nobody hits buildings in my town"

damn straight! i dont even like supes, and i know that no one can defeat him over all! (bad or good writing)

He sounds like God when you talk about him! hahaha wink.gif

I love when you laugh at us, it makes us feel sooooo bad....hahahahahaha

Dude?! I wasn't laughing at anyone - I was laughing at the comment!

And way to attack someone instead of arguing your point. If you don't like what someone is saying attack their credibility instead right? ;)

I might have missed someone making this point, but, did anyone even think of the Sentry in all of this? The Sentry would own everyone you guys have been talking about. He doesn't even have the stupid green rock weakness that Superman does. I know, the Sentry is his own weakness (the Void), even still. If somebody mentioned Sentry sorry, missed it. Plus, he could take him directly into the sun and give him cancer. I know it was an All Star book, but, Supes only got close to the sun in that right (can't remember exactly)? Sentry could take him directly into the sun and Supes would be screwed.

Okay, Supes vs. Shazam. Not sure because Supes is vulnerable to magic but, I'll call it a draw ... for now. Seems like Supes would find a way to win. He can beat Darkseid and I just don't see Shazam doing that.

QUESTION and main reason I'm here. Shazam has the courage of Achilles, would he have his same weakness, has that ever been addressed before? If not, crush his heel Supes without courage, you're just fighting a little boy.

Thank goodness this isn't another "Superman vs DBZ Son Goku" debate. Goku is just too overpowerly cheap to the point where death wouldn't stop him.

Dragon Ball Z in the worst, especially with Goku....I mean seriously he is all over the place. He can face a new enemy who is tens times as strong and out of nowhere he will reach these insanely heights. DBZ is the worst

I might have missed someone making this point, but, did anyone even think of the Sentry in all of this? The Sentry would own everyone you guys have been talking about. He doesn't even have the stupid green rock weakness that Superman does. I know, the Sentry is his own weakness (the Void), even still. If somebody mentioned Sentry sorry, missed it. Plus, he could take him directly into the sun and give him cancer. I know it was an All Star book, but, Supes only got close to the sun in that right (can't remember exactly)? Sentry could take him directly into the sun and Supes would be screwed.

Okay, Supes vs. Shazam. Not sure because Supes is vulnerable to magic but, I'll call it a draw ... for now. Seems like Supes would find a way to win. He can beat Darkseid and I just don't see Shazam doing that.

QUESTION and main reason I'm here. Shazam has the courage of Achilles, would he have his same weakness, has that ever been addressed before? If not, crush his heel Supes without courage, you're just fighting a little boy.

Sentry is not as powerful as people like to imagine because of the Marvel joke that he has the power of a million exploding suns. Sentry fought Hulk to a standstill in which they both passed out. Superman has beat the Hulk and/or exceeded his strength in direct combat or in other areas. So Superman could take Sentry, all in the normal continuity books Superman flew to the heart of the sun and just stood there...If what you said happened in "ALL STAR" then it probably was a telling of him before he got to that power level or it was sort of an Elseworld's tale.

• Like 1

Sentry is not as powerful as people like to imagine because of the Marvel joke that he has the power of a million exploding suns. Sentry fought Hulk to a standstill in which they both passed out. Superman has beat the Hulk and/or exceeded his strength in direct combat or in other areas. So Superman could take Sentry, all in the normal continuity books Superman flew to the heart of the sun and just stood there...If what you said happened in "ALL STAR" then it probably was a telling of him before he got to that power level or it was sort of an Elseworld's tale.

Really agree with Superpowers here. The Sentry is the most overrated character in Marvel right now... Thor has taken out Hulk as well so I'm looking forward to one fight and one fight only in Siege - Thor getting revenge on Sentry for murdering Ares. But if I know modern Marvel editorial teams they'll just skip it... :P But I still have a slight hope since they want to bring back their "trinity."

Well, I take it back, there was another good moment in Siege when Thor fried Wolverine's son, who basically has the same powers, extra crispy. I just wish he did it to Wolverine! hahaha Wait, I take something else back! Wolverine is the most overrated character in Marvel! Man, that's a character, imhfo that needs to be taken down a couple of notches! :D (And no offense to Wolverine fans... That discussion/argument is almost as bad as stupid DBZ fighting our characters. :P Again, no offense, mho. haha)

The Sentry is the most overrated character in Marvel right now

really? what happened to wolverine?

• Like 1

Thank goodness this isn't another "Superman vs DBZ Son Goku" debate. Goku is just too overpowerly cheap to the point where death wouldn't stop him.

Dragon Ball Z in the worst, especially with Goku....I mean seriously he is all over the place. He can face a new enemy who is tens times as strong and out of nowhere he will reach these insanely heights. DBZ is the worst

Completely true. That is why I am thankful this isn't a Son Goku vs Superman.

Son Goklu is way too freaking overpowered such that he is more powerful than the Dragon Ball Z's universe God's God's God. It is like if he cannot beat an opponent, he gets somehow finds trains to get some new technique and wins. If he is more powerful than the DBz's deity, surely he can beat Superman and I am not a Goku fan.

I'll have to say, listening to what's going on in comics these days makes me feel like they're soap operas written by 'tards or something. I mean, really, the stories are so lame.

You'll have to say... or did you already just say it?blink.gif Cosmic mindfnck right there, brother, cooooosmic.

Son Goklu is way too freaking overpowered such that he is more powerful than the Dragon Ball Z's universe God's God's God. It is like if he cannot beat an opponent, he gets somehow finds trains to get some new technique and wins. If he is more powerful than the DBz's deity, surely he can beat Superman and I am not a Goku fan.

Man Dragon ball used to be fun before it got extra stupid. The writers just felt the need to exceed whatever previous story by making this awesome bad guy who can whip away the entire universe. I mean, its ridiculous because everyone outside of Goku became non-essential and pointless, even Vegeta was useless after the first couple of saga's. Dragon ball Z great concept coupled with poor execution, its own mythos ruined the show.

• Like 1

A character that can do anything, or beat anyone is probably the WORST dramatic convention......because they are the most boring thing possible.

Where is the challenge to such a character? Where is the drama? There's not need to root for them, other than the juvenile need to vicariously validate them as top-dog.

Crystallizing them as the "most powerful" essentially signs the death-warrant of interest with the character. If everyone is beneath them, and deliberately written to be so, then what is left for the character? They, and everything about them, become a contrivance.

This is why " ...they lived happily ever after." is often the closing statement in a story---there's no other ideas left to tell about.

In essence, a character like "Goku" or Superman become a victim of their own stature. If they are "unbeatable" in the story, then they fall victim to the one thing they cannot defeat: boredom.

And the only way to defeat that is to de-power them to a level where they can interact with other characters again.

A character that can do anything, or beat anyone is probably the WORST dramatic convention......because they are the most boring thing possible.

Where is the challenge to such a character? Where is the drama? There's not need to root for them, other than the juvenile need to vicariously validate them as top-dog.

Crystallizing them as the "most powerful" essentially signs the death-warrant of interest with the character. If everyone is beneath them, and deliberately written to be so, then what is left for the character? They, and everything about them, become a contrivance.

This is why " ...they lived happily ever after." is often the closing statement in a story---there's no other ideas left to tell about.

In essence, a character like "Goku" or Superman become a victim of their own stature. If they are "unbeatable" in the story, then they fall victim to the one thing they cannot defeat: boredom.

And the only way to defeat that is to de-power them to a level where they can interact with other characters again.

I never thought about that since now that you mentioned it, they did depowered Goku in the spinoff by reverting him into a child. However, the writers pretty much undone that particular challenge by givin Goku a new powerup that temporailly makes him a super powered adult.

Pretty strange that Goku is way freaking overpowered considering that the two characters that he is based off of, Son Goku/Sun Wukong: The Monkey King and maybe Superman, weren't that overpowered.

Sorry to detail the thread

Man Dragon ball used to be fun before it got extra stupid. The writers just felt the need to exceed whatever previous story by making this awesome bad guy who can whip away the entire universe. I mean, its ridiculous because everyone outside of Goku became non-essential and pointless, even Vegeta was useless after the first couple of saga's. Dragon ball Z great concept coupled with poor execution, its own mythos ruined the show.

I have to agree. My friends and I prefer the original Dragonball anime where the series mostly focused on storyline rather than Goku beats the heck out of the flavor of the month