DC Universe Quality Control Issues ARE BACK!!!

Superpowers1980

It seems that a couple of problems have resurfaced for DCUC. While I am enjoying this line, I fear quality control issues are a problem again. My issues are below, is anyone else having trouble as well.

Public Enemies:

Superman and Batman have stuck joints, 2 Superman's both have a stuck mid section, 1 Batman with stuck mid

2 Silver Banshee's had multiple stuck joints

1 Black Lightning has a stuck mid section

Wave 9

1 Very loose Black Adam, all joints are very loose

Wave 10

Actually no problems

Wave 11

Kilowog had a stuck arm

2 Cyborg Superman's have issues - 1 mid section, 1 head, 1 leg

Wave 12

1 Cooperhead is very loose

1 Darkseid's regular glove isn't too secure

anyone else have issues??

shouldnt this be the PE QC thread? anyway, yes!...the PE line has many issues! my bats waist was/is stuck, and my M.force has two left feet, and a scuff on his lip.(damned capt.atom!)

I've largely had very good luck lately but I was dealt a major QC blow as I discussed in another thread where the Imperiex head that came with my Forager figure lacks the peg needed to attach it to its body. I guess I'll just have to cobble something together.

Generally speaking, there is a loose joint on 2 out of 3 DCUC figures I open. Usually it isn't too bad - a hip joint, knee, or ankle. All pretty quick and easy fixes. I just use the clear rubber bands that come with the figures and wrap it around the joint till it adds enough friction to work as intended.

Rarely is it really bad, but I've had a Wildcat head snap off (the peg broke and was not salvageable) and had to buy a second Jon Steward due to both legs being so loose he couldn't stand. Of course, I usually just find a standing pose that is aesthetically appealing and leave 'em be. I've never really been a DCD guy, but as the years pass with my collection I find myself being more desirable of larger pieces that look nice and I'm caring less about the action part of figures.

Nope, I have all the figs you mentioned in hand minus a few wave 12 figs and I only have had one broken fig in all 4 waves plus the PE. That was the crappy Katma. I know PE seems to have issues but mine were all fine.

Draven

Aside from some nitpicking paint issues and a glob of glue on my Question's vest I havent had a stuck joint since wave 5 and my first Black Adam was really loose but picked up a second which was fine so I guess Ive been lucky.

I just snagged a Red Tornado (MIP) on ebay and the only problem was a bit of sloppy painting, but nothing too hideous. I do hate loose joints though, and Kalibak's right leg tends to slide outward like he wants to do the splits. How can I correct that?

You guys getting these loose and stuck joints must have bad luck or something, because all of my PE figures are fine, as well as all of my DCUC figures. The ONLY problem I have had is my Wave 9 Black Adam figure. His waist is a little loose, but thats the ONLY problem I have had.

I don't think the QC issues are back. I think the QC issues you are experiencing are typical for action figures in general.

No, not true and unacceptable. I can't say I ever had a broken or bent toy in the 80's, even after tons of play.

Also both my Kilowog right legs don't completly close in in the hip, the left leg does but both rights on 2 Kilowogs don't. I think I have the same problem with both of my Brimstones.

Two out of three Irons I've seen had googly-eyes (one looking up, one straight ahead). Quite uncalled for...

The phrasing is hilarious, and yes very uncalled for. I can take a smudge on the body of a figure but when the eyes are messed up it totally ruins the figures.

I have to agree w/ SuperPowers1980. Seemed like the quality was getting better for a while, now it's a crap-shoot again. My Copperhead's legs (hip joints) were very loose and Darkseid's regular glove doesn't stay on like it should.

Kilowag (CnC) had stuck wrists until I gave them a good twist. Ironically the figure with the most perfect joints I've ever had (not stuck, not loose) is the Shark. Naturally that's my LEAST favorite figure.

LOOSEST (not sure if that's a word) figure of all time in the DCUC - Red Tornado series 1 (legs/hips). He would do a slow-slide into a split every time I tried to pose him. I had 2 freshly opened and they were both like that. Awful.

I got the DCUC/MOTOC 2 packs today. The Superman's leg and neck are loose. The leg is a real problem because that cape is SO heavy. Good thing I still use the DCSH as my display Supes (DCSH version also has a longer cape which looks 10x better than that short cape the new one has).

I don't think the QC issues are back. I think the QC issues you are experiencing are typical for action figures in general.

No, not true and unacceptable. I can't say I ever had a broken or bent toy in the 80's, even after tons of play.

Also both my Kilowog right legs don't completly close in in the hip, the left leg does but both rights on 2 Kilowogs don't. I think I have the same problem with both of my Brimstones.

Its not the 80's abymore! Things sadly are not as durable now as then and or quality control is not as good. DCUC quality control is miles better now than it was. As far as Kilowog and Brimstone its a mold flaw! They all have it. That is not quality control.

Draven

Toys in the 80's were no better than they are today. I had Big Jim figures that would break at the hips--and they were a 70's era toy, Major Matt Mason would suffer broken wires,12" hard-hand GIJOEs would break their thumbs--heck even the 80's 3 3/4" Joes suffered that problem. Kenner Superpower figures would break at the hips.

QC problems are hardly endemic of today.

Toys in the 80's were no better than they are today. I had Big Jim figures that would break at the hips--and they were a 70's era toy, Major Matt Mason would suffer broken wires,12" hard-hand GIJOEs would break their thumbs--heck even the 80's 3 3/4" Joes suffered that problem. Kenner Superpower figures would break at the hips.

Yeah, my joes broke fairly often in the old days in all the places you mention. Star Wars figs were pretty solid, but they didn't have near the articulation of joes (still don't have as much and they are made by the same co).

Yeah, my joes broke fairly often in the old days in all the places you mention. Star Wars figs were pretty solid, but they didn't have near the articulation of joes (still don't have as much and they are made by the same co).

You know what tho? back in the old days, I'd actually have to play with the figs...a lot...in order for them to break. Now we are hearing about figs breaking right out of the package. That's not good and certainly helps the "toys were better made back in the old days" argument.

Star Wars figs were pretty solid, but they didn't have near the articulation of joes (still don't have as much and they are made by the same co).

Star Wars toys were originally made by Kenner Toys, who in turn were bought out in the early 1990's by Hasbro. They had no affiliation until that time.

Star Wars figs were pretty solid, but they didn't have near the articulation of joes (still don't have as much and they are made by the same co).

Star Wars toys were originally made by Kenner Toys, who in turn were bought out in the early 1990's by Hasbro. They had no affiliation until that time.

Re-read my sentence. I'm saying Star Wars figs still don't have as much articulation as Joes even tho now they are made by the same company. I know they were made by Kenner back in the day. I bought like 10+ when they first came out.