What If HASBRO considers after all, to re-do the MARVEL LEGENDS entirely all over again?

JANMUGAR PRIME

HASBRO & 6" MARVEL LEGENDS vs. MATTEL & DCUC  

35 members have voted

1. 1. If HASBRO ever re-do the ML to go on perfect scale with the DCUC

• Would you collect them all over again?
    • Would you skip them?

Lets face it, DCUC sports the PERFECT MALE BODY for the portait of ANY SUPERHERO

The DC figures all look the same to me. They look like JAKKS wrestling figures... they have about three bucks and that's it. It's a good line, but not even close to the awesomeness of ML in my book. They're just now getting around to introducing double elbows? Figures can't really look up and down. And I hate the hip artic. Ugly.

I think your question oversimplifies the situation. People will buy some of the new figures, when they think it's an improvement over the one they have, and they will skip others. It's a case by case basis.

If they make a new Brown Costume Wolvie, well... I'd have to see it to know if I wanted it, right? Isn't it a bit silly to ask me if I want a figure I haven't seen yet?

No way they look like Jakks figures. Jakks all do look the same because well its not too much variation from one outfit to another. DCUC bodies are the best out there and the hip articulation is ten times or more than the faulty ball jointed hips which are terrible. Stand any male buck from ML and DCUC and DCUC looks more like a real man as opposed to the odd shaped bodies of ML, custom bodies aside.

• Like 1

I would buy new versions of spider-man, wolverine, etc....IF, they were good.

Like the 2-pack body of hulk later this year, yes I want it. When Hasbro did the Red Hulk wave, I was on top of the wolverine and spider-man.

I will not however completely support a ML line that would mimic DCUC. Too many of them are the same thing over and over again. Yes we can argue that Toybiz and Hasbro did that too, but at least we got very different head, hands, etc, that made it feel like a different figure all over again.

but it will also come down to the articulation. That is the biggest reason I'm not into DCUC. I don't like their articulation.

I think they really are basically planning on "starting over." 2012 is the Avengers year, and I'd imagine the first wave(s) of the new Marvel Legends will be loaded with Avengers characters.

I'll buy the ones I think are improvements (and the new characters), and skip the ones I don't. Especially if there's no build-a-figure to entice people to buy figures they otherwise might not.

Hasbro is well known for RE-DOING/UPDATING some concepts over the time, and when they do so, they deliver some really COOL STUFF.

Just take a look to the 1995 STAR WARS 3 3/4" through the 2010 SW NEW Vintage; and from 2002 GIJOE vs. COBRA through the GIJOE 25th anniv, and Beyond 2010.

They always do the same over the years, so it has crossed through my mind that WHAT IF Hasbro ever decides to RE-DO ENTIRELY the MARVEL LEGENDS 6" concept, from SQUARE ONE?.

i.e. Back in 2001 with TOT BIZ series ONE which included CAPTAIN AMERICA, IRON MAN, HULK & TOAD. The figures were COOL ENOUGH back then, but we have to admit that they still missed some well sculpts, because of the tooling, they had "MONKEY ARMS" and in later series the figures sported the infamous "PIN HEADS".

Today the 6" Super Hero figure standards are met with the 4H sculpts of the awesome MATTEL's DCUC series & MOTUC line.

Today the MARVEL LEGENDS are (almost) gone, and the ones that we have collected over the years are not really good/cool enough; FIRST: they are not in scale even with themselves and SECOND: not in scale with their counterparts, the DCUC.

Lets face it, DCUC sports the PERFECT MALE BODY for the portait of ANY SUPERHERO, (they DO always LOOK HEROIC), and on the other hand HASBRO has developed the PERFECT FEMALE BODY for the portrait of ANY SUPERHEROINE (they DO LOOK SEXY & HEROIC).

So the question is, IF HASBRO EVER DECIDES TO MAKE a NEW ML figure series from square one, to met against MATTEL's DCUC, WOULD YOU -THE MARVEL LEGENDS collector- support the company?

You stole my thoughts!!!!! Last night while cleaning and taking DCUC back to my cabinet and displaying my ML, I thought.....what happened?? I don´t like them as much as I used to...then I got it...DCUC has spoiled me. Consistent sculpts, good scale between them, keeping a style, getting better everyday and made me think "Hasbro has the opportunity to start over again and do things right!. If Mattel learned, Hasbro can certainly do so".

Im not sure what to answer though. Hasbro can go two ways: start over again and make figures as tall and bulk as the first captain america, ghost rider, punisher, FO Hulk or go with the shorter legends, (FFF Hulk, FF Thing, Torch) so they can be in, somehow, scale.

They are already using Quicksilver, Black Spider-man, Yellowjacket body as the base for future releases, in scale with later Hasbro legends. The protos of Titanium man and Crimson Dynamo are as tall as Hasbro´s Classic IM...movie figures are small as well, going around 5.5, 5.75.

So, I don´t know if Hasbro will continue with their "small" legends. We could submit this question when the Q&A session shows up.

That would be awesome because I got in to collecting late and I do not like ordering online so , yeah . Haha .

• 10 months later...

I pulled this up after digging in the archives, everything old is new again... right?

Here"s hoping they took this time off to create the 6 inch Joe and Star Wars tie-ins? You know George Lucas is like; "Wow, those big figures are pretty neat. Why don't you guys do that for Star Wars?" Echo Larry Hama for GI Joe!

I pulled this up after digging in the archives, everything old is new again... right?

Here"s hoping they took this time off to create the 6 inch Joe and Star Wars tie-ins? You know George Lucas is like; "Wow, those big figures are pretty neat. Why don't you guys do that for Star Wars?" Echo Larry Hama for GI Joe!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE 6" Joe and SW Legends.

When the first Toy Biz Marvel Legends came out I wasn't into buying toys. There was a few in the later series' i got though. I would really like a Bucky Captain America from Hasbro. I also wouldn't mind a current Thor or a better scale wolverine than the last TB.

Hasbro needs to take a note from mattel and make GIJOE/Marvel Legends 2packs. Start out with 3 sets SnakeEyes vs wolverine, Duke VS Captain America, and Cobra Commander vs Red Skull.. All in 6 inch scale with quality before quantity. Kill two brids with one stone, test GIJOE in 6 inch scale, and bring back marvel legends. THen and only then would I reconsider collecting Hasbro Marvel.

Hasbro needs to take a note from mattel and make GIJOE/Marvel Legends 2packs. Start out with 3 sets SnakeEyes vs wolverine, Duke VS Captain America, and Cobra Commander vs Red Skull.. All in 6 inch scale with quality before quantity. Kill two brids with one stone, test GIJOE in 6 inch scale, and bring back marvel legends. THen and only then would I reconsider collecting Hasbro Marvel.

I would buy those!!!

i dont believe that gi joe and star wars would be such big sellers in 6insh. i would love it to happen but these brands have so manny figures on the market that no one would start all over again. look at jakks and mattel with the wwe license. even do mattel does way better figures than jakks they still seem to go slow on the market. it could be cool to test it out. i may be wrong but i doubt that they would do great.

now for the relaunch i doubt that hasbro will do great. hasbro is good in one area and thats 3 3/4 insh figures and vehicules. hasbro is a company who doesnt listen to collectors. thats a fact and with the stupid q&a's they do, it is even a prooven fact. mattel tries to listen but you cant please everyone. when i heard that the same team who worked at toybiz are now at hasbro's then i have to say that they all got brainwashed with the crap they delivered over the last years lol. how else can you explain that they came from greatness to well hasbro lol. why dont they show that sdcc thor allready??? i wouldn't be urprised when jessy falcon comes up and says "oh we got something wrong again, so sorry. we meant the relaunch is for 2013. we got mixed up" lol. they barely even said something about movie cap and thor in 6 insh. titanium man is nowhere to be found and international fans are not welcome so i dont really care and mattel gets my money. at least they try to please and they react to fans demand sometimes if it is possible. they even have a site who delivers around the globe. something hasbro is far away from. i will buy some marvel legends if they are better so i will get the girls if i can find them. black widow/winter soldier is impossible to get with these prices.

Love the Marvel/Gi Joe Crossover idea! Here would be my list.

Capt America vs Serpentor (two super soldiers)

Wolverine vs Cobra B.A.T. (Wolvie just like to tear things up)

Daredevil vs Snakeyes (handicap match)

Baroness vs Blackwidow (fighting over the more exotic accent)

Ironman vs Destro (Anti weapons guy vs weapons dealer)

Deadpool vs Firely (mercs fighting over a job)

Cobra Commander vs Red Skull (awesome idea THEONLYONE749954)

Cobra Trooper vs Hydra ( leaders need their backup)

Nemesis Enforcer vs Marvel Falcon (arial fight, Falcon name nod)

Xavier vs Mindbender (battle of the baldies)

Taskmaster vs Stormshadow ( Just because)

Duke vs Punisher (war hero vs ex war hero)

A real man, as in one who looks like a roided up genetic freak? Marvel Legends had their share of bad sculpts, but he's right in that DCUC all look the same shape wise.

I thought about what you said, and checked my Superman against Wonder Woman. I just don't see it. @hmmm@

Are you saying that Wonder Woman is a man?

I have to agree what kills DCUC for me is all the same male bodies. Real people are shaped differently, even buff people. I understand a toy company reusing a mold once of twice...but for nearly ALL male characters? The kicker is that they continue to raise the prices on individual figures, as if they're spending money on brand new sculpts!

ML wins this one. Even if you do hate ball joint hips.

Well they have a few different molds they have the one they used for the new Blue Beetle, their Robins & Kid Flash are smaller scaled, and some of the Metal Men are thiner. But yeah not enough used. Really don't want my Green Arrow to be equally buffed as Sup's. ML wins also in my book.