What If HASBRO considers after all, to re-do the MARVEL LEGENDS entirely all over again?

JANMUGAR PRIME

HASBRO & 6" MARVEL LEGENDS vs. MATTEL & DCUC  

35 members have voted

1. 1. If HASBRO ever re-do the ML to go on perfect scale with the DCUC

• Would you collect them all over again?
    • Would you skip them?

Hasbro is well known for RE-DOING/UPDATING some concepts over the time, and when they do so, they deliver some really COOL STUFF.

Just take a look to the 1995 STAR WARS 3 3/4" through the 2010 SW NEW Vintage; and from 2002 GIJOE vs. COBRA through the GIJOE 25th anniv, and Beyond 2010.

They always do the same over the years, so it has crossed through my mind that WHAT IF Hasbro ever decides to RE-DO ENTIRELY the MARVEL LEGENDS 6" concept, from SQUARE ONE?.

i.e. Back in 2001 with TOT BIZ series ONE which included CAPTAIN AMERICA, IRON MAN, HULK & TOAD. The figures were COOL ENOUGH back then, but we have to admit that they still missed some well sculpts, because of the tooling, they had "MONKEY ARMS" and in later series the figures sported the infamous "PIN HEADS".

Today the 6" Super Hero figure standards are met with the 4H sculpts of the awesome MATTEL's DCUC series & MOTUC line.

Today the MARVEL LEGENDS are (almost) gone, and the ones that we have collected over the years are not really good/cool enough; FIRST: they are not in scale even with themselves and SECOND: not in scale with their counterparts, the DCUC.

Lets face it, DCUC sports the PERFECT MALE BODY for the portait of ANY SUPERHERO, (they DO always LOOK HEROIC), and on the other hand HASBRO has developed the PERFECT FEMALE BODY for the portrait of ANY SUPERHEROINE (they DO LOOK SEXY & HEROIC).

So the question is, IF HASBRO EVER DECIDES TO MAKE a NEW ML figure series from square one, to met against MATTEL's DCUC, WOULD YOU -THE MARVEL LEGENDS collector- support the company?

No.

Not completely.

For the same reason I'm not buying a lot of Marvel Universe figures: I do not want to start over again. Collecting MU seems just like a lot of "buying for the sake of buying"--a mindset I do not want to succumb to.

I'd buy unique -all-new figures, in the same scale as ML, but I would not buy characters that have been made before--unless they were dramatic improvements.

absolutely not. I love Toybiz Marvel Legends. I like them much more than I like DCUC.

And I haven't seen Hasbro do any great ML figures... so why would I recollect inferior figures?

NO. I'm sure if they redid classic Iron Man, Cap, Spidey, all the X-Men, etc, they'd look perfectly nice. But then, so do the ones I already own. When money and space are an issue, rebuying figures I already have is out of the question.

No, i think i dont want collect them all again from 1st series until the last..many reason and there are :

1. HASBRO is already known as "BAD Sculpt, Bad articulate, their paint several times always bad, like you dont have any taste of it when you painted it" and i don't trust they will produce good figure just like TB before

2. Value of Stuff will highly decrease!! it will make me, as a collector are useless, because i already work hard to collect them all set by set, one by one and now HASBRO just use TB base to re-issue again??...i think marvel toys will down to earth if HASBRO do that...maybe if they continue the line of Marvel Legends is okay for me, because a lot of characters still waiting to be produce.

so just please continue to produce your next 6inch HASBRO with more good development than before...that will make you more famous after all

I would not recollect them if they "re-did" the line. I would possibly get some, however, if they were superior sculpts and were those "had to have" figures. It would basically be the same mentality as I have had since Hasbro has taken over the ML name except alot more pickier due to price hikes. I pick and choose the ones that are impressive/favorite characters that look impressive. With how figure prices are going, it would be alot harder to collect like I used to with Toybiz's line. In my eyes, ML is very much dead. They haven't produced anything that has been that impressive. If they started doing BAFs in size of what TB had originally with Apocalypse or re-issued the TB Sentinel BAF as a regular figure, THEN i would be back in. But that ll never happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I would only get obscure figures that would expand my original ML line. I wouldn't be a completist buying yet another Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Iron Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, etc etc.

But if they made more New Warriors, Inhumans, Defenders, Alpha Flight, Guardians of the Galaxy, and assorted villains, I would consider getting those.

yeah i would. at this time, dc universe classic is now the big cheese in super hero 6inch figures and i've been buying more of those. (i would buy more marvel universe IF my stores ever get the new waves in >< same for dc infinite heroes. - till then its dcuc for me (and marvel legends 2-pack later this year)

I don't understand why a few people think Toybiz was such a fantastic company. They were the leaders in the 6 inch hero toys but they were far from perfect. They had scale issues and need I point out many of the miserable figures they released -- Magneto, Rogue, Storm, etc. Toybiz was very good but they weren't perfect. I actually hope to see Hasbro versions of the following characters:

Magneto

Luke Cage

Phoenix

Storm

Electro

Mandarin

Scarlet Witch

Toybiz was not a perfect company!!!

I don't understand why a few people think Toybiz was such a fantastic company. They were the leaders in the 6 inch hero toys but they were far from perfect. They had scale issues and need I point out many of the miserable figures they released -- Magneto, Rogue, Storm, etc. Toybiz was very good but they weren't perfect. I actually hope to see Hasbro versions of the following characters:

Magneto

Luke Cage

Phoenix

Storm

Electro

Mandarin

Scarlet Witch

100% agree with you. And add Rogue and X-23 to your list.

Magneto

Luke Cage

Phoenix

Storm

Electro

Mandarin

Scarlet Witch

100% agree with you. And add Rogue and X-23 to your list.

add Black Cat, Psylocke, Walmart Exclusives Kitty Pryde & Havoc too...

but if Hasbro release them again, I won't buy ALL of them just some of them that looks better than what I have from Toybiz.

• 4 months later...

Lets face it, DCUC sports the PERFECT MALE BODY for the portait of ANY SUPERHERO

The DC figures all look the same to me. They look like JAKKS wrestling figures... they have about three bucks and that's it. It's a good line, but not even close to the awesomeness of ML in my book. They're just now getting around to introducing double elbows? Figures can't really look up and down. And I hate the hip artic. Ugly.

I think your question oversimplifies the situation. People will buy some of the new figures, when they think it's an improvement over the one they have, and they will skip others. It's a case by case basis.

If they make a new Brown Costume Wolvie, well... I'd have to see it to know if I wanted it, right? Isn't it a bit silly to ask me if I want a figure I haven't seen yet?

• Like 1

I found this in Mr. Jin Saotome's customs website, and I BELIEVE this is what i am talking about.

If you're asking, would I buy so-called Marvel Legends that exactly copy the style of DCUC, then no. I would pass. Single elbows and knees on every figure? No. Ugly hip artic? Ugh, no. Can't look up and down? Bad. No wrist hinges? Well, I can live without those, most of the time, but not on Spidey and a few other characters. No toe hinges? Actually, I prefer the solid feet. They stand better.

The recent Hasbro MLs are way better than the DC stuff in my book. Ronin, Ultimate Cap, Classic IM - those are awesome figures, better than anything Mattel has ever done, in any line at any time.

• Like 1

I found this in Mr. Jin Saotome's customs website, and I BELIEVE this is what i am talking about.

If you're asking, would I buy so-called Marvel Legends that exactly copy the style of DCUC, then no. I would pass. Single elbows and knees on every figure? No. Ugly hip artic? Ugh, no. Can't look up and down? Bad. No wrist hinges? Well, I can live without those, most of the time, but not on Spidey and a few other characters. No toe hinges? Actually, I prefer the solid feet. They stand better.

The recent Hasbro MLs are way better than the DC stuff in my book. Ronin, Ultimate Cap, Classic IM - those are awesome figures, better than anything Mattel has ever done, in any line at any time.

I agree, I would buy figures in cases where they've been improved a la Black Widow, if they make a Perez Ultron I sure as hell will buy it but how many Wolvies and Spidey could I need? Besides I'm not interested in collecting every single ML out there just the ones that I like. Yes Toybiz had its fair share of "mishaps" but Mattel is far from perfect, first of all they need some new bodies that muscled body is starting to get old and when you use it on the Wonder Twin Zan and Dick Grayson classic Robin you know it's time to retire that mold or stop using it for a while, second most of the figures look like clones of each other with different heads. Two things Mattel has gotten right is the female bodies and fan service they really listen to their fans and work to get the stuff they want out there.

No.

Not completely.

For the same reason I'm not buying a lot of Marvel Universe figures: I do not want to start over again. Collecting MU seems just like a lot of "buying for the sake of buying"--a mindset I do not want to succumb to.

I'd buy unique -all-new figures, in the same scale as ML, but I would not buy characters that have been made before--unless they were dramatic improvements.

again I find my self with arrow on this one ... I also don't normally feel the need to buy multiple figures of the same character... how many captain americas or ironmans/batmans can one have ?! It frankly gets to the point where its out right silly! Now I don't mind if its a different look or armor or what have you but other wise ...

again I find my self with arrow on this one ... I also don't normally feel the need to buy multiple figures of the same character... how many captain americas or ironmans/batmans can one have ?! It frankly gets to the point where its out right silly! Now I don't mind if its a different look or armor or what have you but other wise ..

Well, y'know I have bought many of the different incarnations of characters like Spider-man, Captain America, Wolverine, and Iron Man--mostly because I LIKE those characters. Some of them have been different enough and better than their predecessors, so buying them again made sense--and in most cases still does.

My raison d'etre has always been to find the definitive version of the character, and sometimes that takes a couple of incarnations to get right.

I think that ML Wave 1 Iron Man is still darn near perfect, as is Captain America from the same wave. I gladly bought the Face-Off version of Cap because he resembled the "modern" version of the character, and I liked those stories too.

Some figures are place-holders for me, like the Wave 1 Hulk was. Still a nice figure, but once the Face-Off Hulk came along, there was no question in my mind as to which one fit the look I sought. The Face-Off Hulk is THE Hulk for me.

If Hasbro's new ML figures address what I seek, yeah I'll gladly buy characters I have already if they look better.

So true, Arrow, there are many times when multiple versions of a character can work, especially with Iron Man. It all depends on the collector and what each one wants for his collection for example some people buy to complete groups so multiple versions of a character works. Face off Hulk and Cap are the definitive versions of those characters for me. As long as the figure is different enough I'll buy if it works for my collection or is a character I really love.

The DC figures all look the same to me. They look like JAKKS wrestling figures... they have about three bucks and that's it. It's a good line, but not even close to the awesomeness of ML in my book. They're just now getting around to introducing double elbows? Figures can't really look up and down. And I hate the hip artic. Ugly.

I think your question oversimplifies the situation. People will buy some of the new figures, when they think it's an improvement over the one they have, and they will skip others. It's a case by case basis.

If they make a new Brown Costume Wolvie, well... I'd have to see it to know if I wanted it, right? Isn't it a bit silly to ask me if I want a figure I haven't seen yet?

Yes, I agree with all of this. While i like DC Characters more than Marvel, Toybiz was far superior in giving detailed sculpts... none of this painted on detail crap... i see on dcuc. The boots were boots and the gloves weren't just painted on (for the most part). There were accessories and stands and comics, overall i always felt i was getting something for the money.

There are some sculpts i wish they would revisit but for the most part, I'll just cherry pick whatever comes out.

I'm only interested in Silver age characters, the remnants of the Jim Lee X Men, and the 70's X Men team. I think we already have definitive or at least definitive enough of most of the characters.

regards

Joshua

PS- ML articulation works for ML, I don't want to see it on DCUC especially since they've established an aesthetic w/o it.

If the figures look better than what I already own, then I am all over it. For example, I think Hasbro's Daredevil from the Nemesis wave looks great and that is now my go to DD in my display. So I am kind of wait and see.

i wouldnt mind rebuy the one or the other but hasbro isnt great when it comes to paint. from the previous figs, i can tell that they still look like toys. nothing realy special. toybiz was great at painting the faces and i guess that counts for a lot. i hope that hasbro can turn the wheel and that they know what we want. we cryed a lot of years. yelling at them what to do and if they still manage to screw it up for 2012 then it is over. i even believe that they should start with a bang. at least 3 high demanded figs, people are willing to have now for years. for me it would be:

- chameleon

- scarlet spider

- hydro man

- shriek

- doppelganger

- vermin

- stegron

- scarecrow

- alyster smith

- hammerhead

and please stop with the goblins and symbiotes. as much as i love venom and all his little friends who make no sense, i cant see them anymore. its been 2 years that all i see around are goblins and symbiotes. dont screw up hasbro or we screw you.