What Hasbro really needs to make G.I.Joe better:

revsears

Maybe you think i'm crazy but looking at all the iron man 2 stuff, I can't help but think that their timing but also have something to do with Joes getting pushed back so as not to compete with them. Hasbro is now really competing with itself and I don't want Joe to suffer because of that (like it did when Hasbro absorbed kenner)

I just saw that the max steel movie is in trouble, loosing their actor to a hasbro movie. Smart move on hasbro's part max steel could have been competition for Joes and other 1:18th figs. But wouldn't competition keep hasbro on their toes, making the best action figures? at the best prices?

Mattel has mostly been a joke wit it's 1:18th offerings. Mezco is more a of a collector's things with a smaller audience. Corps and chap mei are more in the knock off era. So where is Hasbro's real 1:18th competition? I'm not sure anyone can even compete with Star wars, marvel (disney), and Joe.

Mattel really needs to take some of that Hot wheel and barbie money and invest in something for the DCU in 1:18th scale and try to give Max steel a shot. Anyone else think so?

Star Wars and Transformers are very popular. What competition do they have?

The DC figures can be cranked out by the ton because they are glorified statues.

The Marvel figures COULD be "competition" if the company would put a little more into quality control.

Star wars used to have Joe as competition, Marvel figures are made by hasbro and as far as TFs they are so unique it would be hard to compete with them on the same level and be unique. What i'm talking about is not necessarily army figures to compete with Joe, just good 1:18th scale figures that aren't made by Hasbro.

Star Wars and Transformers are very popular. What competition do they have?

The DC figures can be cranked out by the ton because they are glorified statues.

The Marvel figures COULD be "competition" if the company would put a little more into quality control.

Star wars used to have Joe as competition, Marvel figures are made by hasbro and as far as TFs they are so unique it would be hard to compete with them on the same level and be unique. What i'm talking about is not necessarily army figures to compete with Joe, just good 1:18th scale figures that aren't made by Hasbro.

That's my point though. The ONLY "competition" outside Hasbro is the DC stuff and it sucks. But competion IN Hasbro is still competition.

All that they really need to do is go back to the 25th update style that kicked this line off. I have seen little to no movement of the movie figs, even at the lowered prices. But I bet if Hasbro went back to the 25th update theory that flew off the shelves, they'd be back in the saddle again.

Dont forget about fearless forces...i see them as competion for the kids money anyway?

Yeah, the ROC line to me did not scream GI Joe.I have a bad feeling that Hasbro will not go back to the 25th Ann line.Yeah,the figures flew off the pegs but then a live action movie came out and put a hault to that.Hasbro's think to me was"you want the Stinger,The Arctic Hiss and the Claw/Flak as well as Falcon,Zap and the other Resolute figures?well you can't bacause we have toys based on a live action Gi Joe movie coming out and you are going to like it".

GI JOE needs an entire overhaul.

First they can easily produce some quality cartoons based on the animated movie, except without killing all the main guys, a few deaths sprinkled over a couple of seasons is acceptable.

Secondly, I know most JOE fans like the 25 anniv sculpts but I don't at all. That middle body hinge is terrible and ugly. Updating clothes and weapons has been great but the overall sclupt is terrible of the figure and articulation is garbage

Third, stop overproducing because of some lame movie. Movie toys makes sense but to clog shelves for years is unacceptable, especially if the figs and the movie suck

Fourth, when can we get a 100 percent cartoon accurate Cobra Commander. The closest is the metallic face one from the 5 pack and it isn't even 100 percent. The helmets are weird because they aren't even on both sides of his head, and its missing a few things here and there, is it so dang hard to get a 100 percent accurate Cobra Commander, its like Shredder from TMNT, all the figs and none look just like the cartoon version. Oh yeah and why is the hooded mask flowing in the wind...hogwash!!!