Superpowers1980

Who is faster Superman or Flash

Surely there's a third person reference or a rant about not displaying our DCUC and DCSH and DCD figures all on the same shelf coming.

I can imagine somebody spouting out a "decree" that states "Any Flash figure that is displayed next to a Superman figure should be put to death'' or something

The Superman-Flash Races

* Races with Barry Allen

o The First Race (Superman #199) - Tie

o The Rematch (Flash #175) - Tie

o A Winner! (World’s Finest #198–199) - Flash

o DC Comics Presents #1–2

* Races with Wally West

o Superman/Flash: Race 1990! (Adventures of Superman #463) - Flash

o Fast Friends - Flash

* Races with Jay Garrick

o A DC First - Flash

* Other Races

o The Human Race (Flash #136–138) (Wally vs. Krakkl)

o Coming Soon

The only stories here that matter are the first two. I never read the World's Finest or the DC Comics Presents issues. The rest are omitted because they were terrible stories.

Years ago, Erik Larsen wrote and drew a story in which Doctor Octopus beat up the Hulk. Peter David turned around and wrote a story in which the Hulk thoroughly beat up Doc Ock. A stunned Doc Ock asked the Hulk how he was able to beat him this time when the last time they'd fought, Doc Ock had so easily been able to slap around Ol Greenskin. The Hulk replied that their first fight was "Grand Larseny!"

That's what we're dealing with here.

Btw, do you find it necessary to flame/troll in your responses?

You really have to point to where I've done this. Please don't resort to the old "I can't refute his logic therefore he must be trolling."

Flash is and always has been faster than Superman. The problem is that DC comics is so overly protective of Superman that they can't stand anyone being able to out-do him at anything. It's idiotic how they've overpowered him. I don't even want to know what that Speed Force nonsense is. Sounds like typical modern-day DC tripe. As for Quicsilver, he's nowhere near as fast as the Flash. Marvel had the good sense not to overpower their characters like DC did, nor did they overprotect them. Which is why Thor will always beat Superman. But that's another debate. @loll@

• Like 1

Flash is faster and Quicksilver is the fastest EVER after to was expossed to the Terrigen Mist. He run into the future and back before you can blink.

Marvel fans are the new joke of the comic world (Image fans held that title in the 90's). For years people complained that DC characters were too powerful and had crazy origins, and now Marvel pumps out the most ridiculous stories ever. All of their characters are now super-hyped, super pumped.

Wolverine beats everything walking

Silver Surfer is second only to Galactus, Surfer can even create life.....B.S.

Hulk, now he can breathe in space or hold is breathe in space. He can hold planets together and stand in lava, all these things he couldn't do and was particularly vulverable to extreme heat.....more crap

Sentry is nothing more than Superman envy at its extreme,....Majestic and Supreme weren't this bad

Your nonsense about Quicksilver is further proof the heads at Marvel are insecure to the point of making nonsense out of their characters

Anyway, it was stated that Superman could fly faster than Flash could run, remember Superman used to be able to fly through the time stream at ease, and yes Flash needed the treadmill to traverse time. Also the races were unfair because Superman has greater endurance than all the Flashes, he can keep up with them and he can go longer, overall he has a more powerful body. In truth the Flashes, especially Wally West need to eat continually to keep up the paces needed to exceed Superman, but in these races they never eat which makes no sense, they all would of burnt out after about 2 laps around the world while Superman can go on for longer.

SUPERPOWERS!!!!! I take back every bad thing I ever said about you. That post was awesome!

Why is it awesome? Because it's so true! Johnny Rebel's so pathetic he's actually comparing Quicksilver to Superman and the Flash. "Wolverine is the GREATEST CHARACTER OF ALL TIME!!!!" hahahahaha!

Brings back memories of that awful DC vs. Marvel mini-series. Storm beats Wonder Woman with a bolt of lightning? Wolverine actually lasts more than fives seconds with Lobo? A fake Spider-Man beats a clone of Superman? All that mini-series turned out to be was an argument against democracy, just like NBA All-Star voting.

Surely there's a third person reference or a rant about not displaying our DCUC and DCSH and DCD figures all on the same shelf coming.

I can imagine somebody spouting out a "decree" that states "Any Flash figure that is displayed next to a Superman figure should be put to death'' or something

I miss BigDawg. No I don't.

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOO or whatever he did.

Flash is and always has been faster than Superman. The problem is that DC comics is so overly protective of Superman that they can't stand anyone being able to out-do him at anything. It's idiotic how they've overpowered him. I don't even want to know what that Speed Force nonsense is. Sounds like typical modern-day DC tripe. As for Quicsilver, he's nowhere near as fast as the Flash. Marvel had the good sense not to overpower their characters like DC did, nor did they overprotect them. Which is why Thor will always beat Superman. But that's another debate. @loll@

First, I quote SuperPowers1980:

"Marvel fans are the new joke of the comic world (Image fans held that title in the 90's). For years people complained that DC characters were too powerful and had crazy origins, and now Marvel pumps out the most ridiculous stories ever. All of their characters are now super-hyped, super pumped.

Wolverine beats everything walking

Silver Surfer is second only to Galactus, Surfer can even create life.....B.S.

Hulk, now he can breathe in space or hold is breathe in space. He can hold planets together and stand in lava, all these things he couldn't do and was particularly vulverable to extreme heat.....more crap

Sentry is nothing more than Superman envy at its extreme,....Majestic and Supreme weren't this bad

Your nonsense about Quicksilver is further proof the heads at Marvel are insecure to the point of making nonsense out of their characters"

Second, a special letter I just received:

Dear Xorr,

You are absolutely right. DC never lets anyone get one over on Superman and quite frankly, we're sick of it.

Sincerely,

Doomsday and Batman

I miss BigDawg. No I don't.

No, you don't.

I don't either.

Some guy came over to my house the other day and got in my face because I mixed my Hot Toys Batman Begins Batman with my Hot Toys Dark Knight Batman. Then he told my mom and went into a rant about how he's in charge of teenagers all day and how there's a right way and a wrong way to do things.

I don't know why but that made me think of BigDawg.

Are there any parameters to this debate? Like Pre-Crisis or Post-Crisis? Barry or Wally? From what you guys say there's no Speed Force anymore. Is there in this debate?

I think if it was a marathon (a superhuman marathon) Superman would win based on Kryptonian stamina. Flash is still just a guy.

A sprint? Well, who knows?

Oh yeah, Quicksilver. Good one Johnny. You're always good for a laugh. And by laugh I mean at you.

• Like 1

Are there any parameters to this debate? Like Pre-Crisis or Post-Crisis? Barry or Wally? From what you guys say there's no Speed Force anymore. Is there in this debate?

I think if it was a marathon (a superhuman marathon) Superman would win based on Kryptonian stamina. Flash is still just a guy.

A sprint? Well, who knows?

Oh yeah, Quicksilver. Good one Johnny. You're always good for a laugh. And by laugh I mean at you.

There is most definitely still a speed force.

From what you guys say there's no Speed Force anymore. Is there in this debate?

The words "I'm going to kill you," "You owe me money," and "Jeph Loeb wrote it" do not make me cringe as much as the words "Speed Force!"

Thank you!

Oh yeah, Quicksilver. Good one Johnny. You're always good for a laugh.

I'd assumed he was joking with Quicksilver. I don't now where Marvel has him at nowadays, but it used to be that Pietro could only run at the speed of sound.

Some guy came over to my house the other day and got in my face because I mixed my Hot Toys Batman Begins Batman with my Hot Toys Dark Knight Batman. Then he told my mom and went into a rant about how he's in charge of teenagers all day and how there's a right way and a wrong way to do things.

You actually let someone like that set foot in your house?? :huh:

There's a reason that boots were meant to forcibly intersect with asses.

The words "I'm going to kill you," "You owe me money," and "Jeph Loeb wrote it" do not make me cringe as much as the words "Speed Force!"

Thank you!

I'd assumed he was joking with Quicksilver. I don't now where Marvel has him at nowadays, but it used to be that Pietro could only run at the speed of sound.

Hey, believe me. I think the speed force and all the stuff Flash has been able to do is WAY past the BS meter, but facts are, in the books, Flash beats Superman in a foot race. And according to the latest book, it's not even close.

Eh I don't think so

Flash is used to running fast all the time Superman doesn't allways use his superspeed all the time.

Now if it was flying fast vs running fast I think Superman can outdo him

I think you need to read up on JohnnyRebel. He's the typical Marvel fan. You know, the one that thinks Elektra was better than The Dark Knight and Marvel Legends is the greatest toy line of all time because of finger articulation.

You actually let someone like that set foot in your house?? :huh:

There's a reason that boots were meant to forcibly intersect with asses.

lol Jokes and jokes and jokes.

If BigDawg were here, for some reason, I think he'd go with the Flash. Unless it were a Flash drawn by Michael Turner. In that case I imagine he'd say the race would never happen because that Flash would be an abomination against God that should be put to death or something equally entertaining.

If BigDawg were here, for some reason, I think he'd go with the Flash. Unless it were a Flash drawn by Michael Turner. In that case I imagine he'd say the race would never happen because that Flash would be an abomination against God that should be put to death or something equally entertaining.

If I'm mistaken, that Flash was based on a pic of a heavy body builder; there was an iamge comparsion of the psoe the body builder did and Flash standin victorious over Grodd. It is obvious, the artist used that photo as a ref.

With that said, I can see what you mean since that bod is too muscular even for a superhero who relies on speed.

Eh I don't think so

Flash is used to running fast all the time Superman doesn't allways use his superspeed all the time.

Also, Superman is just a guy is super human abilities. I am not certain if the comicbooks ever made references of Superman training. If they haven't, then I am sure he is just a regular Kryptionian who just happens to be under a yellow sun. However, if they do address him training to become strongerh his training would focus on strength rather than speed. The Flash runs daily, so you know he has trained his body to become faster than he originally was when he first gotten the ability of super speed.

That is why I do not believe that the man of steel is the strongest hero alive since if he were to fight an Olympic level Kryptonian in boxing (who practices under the yellow sun,) I am sure he will get his ass handed to

Thank you!

During the House of M storyline (and possibly after) Quicksilver gained "time-jumping" abilities with the Terragen Mists. I'm not sure what's going on with him now though.

Eh I don't think so

Also, Superman is just a guy is super human abilities. I am not certain if the comicbooks ever made references of Superman training. If they haven't, then I am sure he is just a regular Kryptionian who just happens to be under a yellow sun. However, if they do address him training to become strongerh his training would focus on strength rather than speed. The Flash runs daily, so you know he has trained his body to become faster than he originally was when he first gotten the ability of super speed.

That is why I do not believe that the man of steel is the strongest hero alive since if he were to fight an Olympic level Kryptonian in boxing (who practices under the yellow sun,) I am sure he will get his ass handed to

Having powers is different from knowing how to use them.

Thank you!

During the House of M storyline (and possibly after) Quicksilver gained "time-jumping" abilities with the Terragen Mists. I'm not sure what's going on with him now though.

The last time I saw him was in Mighty Avengers. In a surprise twist he was being a whiny b*tch.

There is this mistaken belief out there that Superman's powers simply allow him to do stuff with zero strain and effort. Superman's physique comes because he is constantly exercising his strength and stamina. When he lifts aircraft carriers and giant robots, he is taxing his muscles to do so. He doesn't just touch a car and it moves over his head. He lifts just like any other person. The only difference is that his limits are far greater than anyone else's.

Superman's endurance and invulnerability is also a factor that should not be dismissed. Not only can Superman simply MOVE faster than the Flash, his body can withstand the rigors of super-human speed for more than the Flash ever could. By the time, Superman has worked up a sweat, the Flash's lungs and heart have exploded!

Another point to keep in mind is that before his flying abilities kicked in, Superman moved around via his super-speed and his leaping ability. He's as experienced a runner as the Flash is!

Superman is a master of Klurkor, a Kryptonian form of martial arts and he has often beaten the Hell out of lethal hand-to-hand Kryptonian combatants like General Zod and Faora Hu-Ul. Inside the bottle city of Kandor where Superman has no powers, he has taken up the role of Nightwing where he is the equivalent of Batman in physical ability.

I remember a Flash story, from way early in the Wally West Series. Where he was in movie theater with his girlfriend. Someone came in and started shooting the place up and All of a sudden Time stopped for flash. At first he couldn't figure out what was going on. One of the bullets had just hit the back of his head and his body reacted,on instinct. He then realized the shooting and ran around the theater grabbing all the bullets. He then took the shooter out and sat back down to watch the movie as if he never moved. no one in the theater knew what happened. Flash is Deffinitely faster.

Thank you!

He lost his powers with "No More Mutants" and has since regained them. He hasn't done any time jumping in his Might Avengers time.