Who's excited about the new articulation??

Lady Jaye

Who's excited?? Who wants things to remain the same? Who's worried they"ll have to buy everyone important again?? Who's worried the new figures won't mesh well with current figures. Raise your concerns or excitement here!!!!

• Like 1

Good topic.

I'm not looking forward to this new articulation. Every joint added to an action figure pushes that figure one step closer to being a mannequin. I always hated Marvel Legends in large part because they looked like stringless puppets. DCUC at present has a PERFECT level of articulation. If they want to add a couple of extra joints to Blue Beetle or possibly a Creeper or an Elongated Man, I could understand that, but there's no need to make it a standard or to revisit past characters to update them with a couple of new joints.

Every new joint also increases the fragility of these figures as well which was another drawback plaguing Marvel Legends. A good chunk of the few Marvel Legends I did break down and buy were floppy jointed marionettes right from the package. It'd be really sad to see DCUC go down this road. And with Mattel's QC, can we really trust them to do this?

I say "Nay" to the new articulation.

• Like 1

Whoa! They're redoing the articulation? When was this mentioned? I'm all for it if it works with the character. It would be nice to have the double joints in the elbows and the knees. I hope they fix that triple neck syndrome so the heads can have better range of motion.

I don't mind new articulation on a case by case basis. The Ball hip joints worked for the Parademons, but I am glad they did not go with them in all of the other figures from that point on. The articulation on Blue Beetle looks great on him because he has a very distinctive sculpt that won't be used again like the Parademons.

The thing is, the ganged-hinge knees and elbows are about the strongest articulation points on such figures, and the most effective for posing.

The wrist artie......most welcome, because, again, it provides for more posing options. I'm a die-hard articulation junkie, so more is always welcome to me.

While I love the double knee/elbow articulation (one of the reasons I love marvel legends) and am glad they are incorporating it to dcuc, I would not go and buy every main character again, mostly the ones who really should have it, like say Batman and Nightwing, and I would love a Harley remade this way. My one fear is that if they do most new figures like this, they might start looking like a whole different line altogether, Blue beetle while very cool, already looks more like a hasbro marvel legend figure (one of the better ones like the new deadpool)which have non-articulated fingers and toes.

I do not like the new articulation, DCUC has perfect articulation to me. They don't need to add an extra hinge at the elbow and knee. If they want to add something, they should add the ability to add extra hands and alternate heads, that is a better idea than extra hinges. Also they need to fix the neck issue and have the heads to ability to look up and down again.

Ipm excited, so most figures can grab stuff properly, like Deathstroke who could do anice aiming pose while crouching properly. I hope we see this new articulation on a regular basis. Thank God all my collection is MOC, so I can sell it and get the newer articulated stuff.

What would be the next step?? interchangable heads and hands...

I think its safe to say after what Mattel said eventually all the new figs will have the double joints on knees and elbows and that is just fine with me! I can get so much cooler poses out of my ML becuase the knees, so it will be welcome! I only expect the major guns like Batman, Superman, Nightwing, Green Lantern, WW, etc to get remade. Others like say Killer Moth, Animal, Cyborg, etc not.

Draven

I think its safe to say after what Mattel said eventually all the new figs will have the double joints on knees and elbows and that is just fine with me! I can get so much cooler poses out

if thats the case, then im all for it.

I say hellz yeah!

Double jointed knees and elbows are the only way to go!

And I will go back and re-buy main characters if they re-issue them with double joints.

I am not digging the idea of all the new figs with the extra articulated knees and elbows. Someone mentioned Batman, Robin, Nightwing....ok that makes sense, but not for everyone. Marvel Legends looked stupid with those extra joints, this is not going to go well. There are more important things for them to do than extra hinges on the elbows and knees, its a total waste of time and resources.

I think if done right, some characters need the double jointed elbows and knees. You can't even do a good looking crouching pose with Batman, Nightwing, or Robin. These guys are supposed to be like Olympic level gymnasts.

Yep! That is one reason why I think double knees is really needed!

Draven

post-17917-12669601176315_thumb.jpgIf they are going to worry about articulation, then they need to do something with that ball jointed head. They also need to worry about finding a way to not warp the figures in the packages. I get tired of looking forward to a figure, openinging it, and an arm or leg is warped some weird way. They say they do this to show off the articulation but anyone who gives a damn about the line knows about the articulation. they need to focus on straight up and down poses in the pacakeges.

One more b***h. They need find a way to get the legs to close all the way as oppose to that bow legged look most of the figures have. The only two who do not have bow legs are the Spectre and Major force. Look at the attached pic and you'll know what I mean.