Who is your goto supes

gruntcast

I really love the DCU Short hair Supes. Thw paint style and articulation does it for me. I was wondering who are some other people's go to supes. I know DCSH has 2 kinds (battle damage and Puerto rican lol) and DC derect has made some. Here some pics of mine.

dcgotsupes1.jpg

dcgotsupes3.jpg

dcgotsupes6.jpg

dcgotsupes4.jpg

dcgotsupes5.jpg

My satellite Supes is the DCUC 5 pack one until the Supes with the lighter blue comes out them it will probably be that one.

For sometime, I was using the recovery suit Superman, but these days, I go with the red eye Superman from the Brainiac 2 pack.

• Like 1

I would definately have to go with the Wave 6 variant blue and red Superman with long hair. I am sick of seeing the short hair version eeeeeeverywhere I go. Toys R Us, its in the 2 Pack with the red eyes. Wal Mart, its on the pegs as All Star figures and in the 5 pack. It was cool at first, but got old fast. Even so, I do admit that I like the red eyed version alot, but the long hair, blue and red variant does it me.

To this day it is still the DC Direct Supes from the Superman line of the early 2000's. I love the sculpt and it's packed with articulation. There is none better.

This was a very fine figure.

If only DC Direct were able to apply this model consistently throughout all of their figures then I wouldn't even be looking at DCUC. Unfortunately they had this very finely sculpted figure with a perfect degree of articulation and they completely walked away from this as the standard. This is one of the reasons DCD has completely collapsed as an action figure producer.

As to the original question, my goto Superman is the Gotham 5 pack Superman. Like someone else said, he'll do until Mattel releases a light blue one.

Wave 6, long haired Superman. Looks more realistic to me. Short haired looks too comic-booky, and red-eyed is too power-specific.

I 100% agree. The long haired version is my favorite head sculpt. I like the black suit version also, but I wish it had a black or silver cape like Superman Prime, but oh well. Anyways, for some reason, in my mind, the long haired Wave 6 version is the way Superman is supposed to look.

That mullet on the Wave 6 Superman is PAINFUL!

It was ridiculous on the figure and it was ridiculous when it first appeared in the comics around '93 or '94 ... at a time when mullets, which always looked stupid, were already about five years out of date!

You can't trust comic book artists when it comes to fashion trends. The Super-Mullet, that gaudy Superboy of the 90's, and Dazzler were all failed attempts to at being contemporary with some sort of style trend that was already out-dated and ridiculous by the time they were introduced in the comics.

If only DC Direct were able to apply this model consistently throughout all of their figures then I wouldn't even be looking at DCUC. Unfortunately they had this very finely sculpted figure with a perfect degree of articulation and they completely walked away from this as the standard. This is one of the reasons DCD has completely collapsed as an action figure producer.

"Collapsed"? Umm...Blackest Night???

Every once in a while you see DCD figures with a pretty fair amount of articulation. No, not as much as DCUC, but honestly, take a look at pictures of most people's DCUC displays. Half the time they have so many, all they can do it stand them up straight anyway cause there's no room to pose them :) And in a lot of cases, I think the DCD sculpting is FAR superior to DCUC.

But keeping it on Supes...I also have a headless version of my DCD Supes sitting in a drawer for some time now. Very excited to be able to slap the head of the upcoming New Krypton Supes on him so I'll finally have Christopher Reeve Superman!

Every once in a while you see DCD figures with a pretty fair amount of articulation. No, not as much as DCUC, but honestly, take a look at pictures of most people's DCUC displays. Half the time they have so many, all they can do it stand them up straight anyway cause there's no room to pose them :) And in a lot of cases, I think the DCD sculpting is FAR superior to DCUC.

But keeping it on Supes...I also have a headless version of my DCD Supes sitting in a drawer for some time now. Very excited to be able to slap the head of the upcoming New Krypton Supes on him so I'll finally have Christopher Reeve Superman!

I don't mind the lack of articulation on DCD because the sculpt more than makes up for it, but I hate it when their bodies are preposed in such a way that leaves you with only one way to pose them (like BL Superman).

Yeah. And what else? Those History of The DC Universe figures? Come on...

From what they used to be to where they are now is a huge decline. Blackest Night might be the only thing selling for them. History of the DCU is a fiasco. Just about everything else is padded with repaints and slightly retooled re-releases. DCD themselves are aware that they aren't cutting it in the action figure market anymore. Look at their output. They've very obviously have shifted their focus from the figures to busts, statues, and role play props.