Bring On Wave 15!!

MasterJailer

Now that we have the line up for Wave 14 confirmed, let's look at Wave 15. According to the sage Wal-Mart list that correctly ran down Wave 14 for us, here's what we're looking at in Wave 15:

1. "Martian": Undoubtedly this is the long anticipated Martian Manhunter. An essential figure, I'm sure the Four Horsemen will do a spectacular job with him. I'm hoping for the classic heavy browed version. An interchangeable more human looking "Green Kojak" head from J'onn's Silver Age days would be a nice bonus but nothing I'm counting on.

2. Jemm: As one of the few who was actually psyched to get an 80's Vigilante... and I've been all over the oddball choices like the Shark and Killer Moth... but this guy I have no interest in. Jemm had a twelve issue mini-series in the mid-eighties that was largely forgettable and notable only for some nice Gene Colan art. A wasted slot.

3. Starman: I'm hoping this is the Golden Age Ted Knight. Given the Four Horsemen's fondness for off-beat characters though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Prince Gavyn here, but I'm pretty sure given the way we've been steaming through the JSA that this will be the original Starman. No doubt he'll be another great looking figure.

4.Mento: Another essential team builder, this seemingly simple black costume with a simple lightning bolt will make for a very striking figure.

5.Batman SC: No one has been able to definitely confirm what "SC" means but it's been widely speculated that SC means Sinestro Corp. While I'm all for more Sinestro Corp members, this is the type of variant best left to DC Direct. I'd rather have another alien SC member. No doubt though a Batman is a must as the mandatory "anchor" for this wave.

6."Pharoh": Most likely this is the Golden Pharoh of the Super Powers line. As much of a fan of the original Super Powers line as I am, I draw the line at characters like this guy and Cyclotron who were created specifically for the SP line. The DC Universe doesn't need to be padded with these nobodies. I'm sure he'll have his fans though.

7. "Fan Choice": Here we have Raven who also conveniently provides this wave with its only female character. I'm hoping for the 80's George Perez designed Raven but given how this line has been all over the place with the Titans... a modern Beast Boy, Classic Cyborg, a kiddie Kid Flash... which Raven we get is anyone's guess.

Something interesting about this line-up is that it any villains ...except for the possibility of a Sinestro Corp Batman I guess... and maybe the C&C which remains unknown.

Let's see the possiblities. . .

Batman Sinestro Corps

Batman Soft Cape (what some have wanted for a while)

Batman Snow Camo (ala the Tiger Stripe One we saw at SDCC)

Batman Suckers Customers (most of us will buy a different one for the BAF piece)

Batman Same Costume (they seem to have put this out in every wave since the 5-pack)

Batman Splashed Clay (repack of the 2-pack figure)

I think that's a solid speculative list.

I'd add that Raven would also have a variant, her "Trigon-ized" look, with the hood back would be a sensible chase version.

Martian Manhunter could also have his Martian head, as another variant.

Given the lack of villains in this line-up, the C&C in this one is VERY likely to be the bad guy ala the Ultra Humanite in Wave 14. This of course invites further speculation...

Will we get that STARRO a lot of fans have been asking for?

Will we start dipping our toe into Legion waters with a VALIDUS?

Will DOOMSDAY or BANE get that revisitation many have been asking for?

If that's the line up then this will be the first wave that I will skip.

If Mento is legit, all we need is Elasti-Girl!!! Don' know a thing about Jemm, but as long as he looks cool, bring him on, better than Kamandi!! Oh and don't hate on the Super Powers, the torsemen don't!! @smilepunch@

You know what I think would be fun, but I know it will never be done. A alter ego wave. You know, Lex in a business power suit, Bats as Bruce Wayne, Flash as Bart Allen (or whoever), Wonder Woman as Diana, Martian Manhunter as J'onn J'onnz etc.

An even easier chase Raven would be to simply do her in her White Raven stage, simple repaint and more in line with their 50/50 split thing.

Im actually more stoked for Jemm then I am for Manhunter. Dont get me wrong Jonn is a must have, but you just know their going to use that ugly new blue and red costume. I want a classic Manhunter, not the modern look (have him come with some oreos and milk and life would be good...lol). Jemm was a good series for its time, and the character has a rather cool look to me

Hopefully Batman comes with the stand and not a BAF part, that way I can skip him. I own enough Bats, and unless its somthing special I just dont need to buy another.

I have to admit I am secretly hoping for a LSH starman, love that costume. But since it looks like the LSH might be getting a side line I would bet MasterJailer is right and we get the golden Age version.

Mento is a must have, love the Doom patrol. But your wrong Jaye, we still need both Elasitc Girl and the Chief, cant have a Doom Patrol with out him.

Pharoh is another must have, I still own the original. I like the weird Super Powers figures, and getting them in DCUC will be cool. Maybe after their done with Super Powers we can get some super friends. I want an Apache Chief BAF, "Inyuk-chuk", and lets face it a Black Vulcan would be rather cool as well. Besides we are getting a Samurai since he's a Super Powers figure.

I don't know Card, don't think Mattel would bank on the Chief to sell?? Prof X sold, but he is easily better known than the Chief!! Maybe as an exclusive or something??

Yeah but they can package him as the evil genius that created the Doom Patrol. Besides they made the Moth, and for some odd reason he sold. Im thinking they will gove just about anyone besides Lobo a chance. Funny they wont make Lobo but we get Trigon.

I hope the STARMAN is the Golden-Age version, which would make sense, since they seem determined to make the original JSA (SPECTRE, HOURMAN, WILDCAT, DR. FATE, HAWKMAN) and other Golden-Age characters (CAPTAIN STEEL, GUARDIAN). Here's hoping Golden-Age versions of MR. TERRIFIC and FLASH aren't far behind.

Come to think of it...A Golden-Age JOHNY THUNDER would be fantastic. They could re-use the JOKER/RIDDLER/TWO-FACE/QUESTION body, and provide the Genie ("Cei u!") as a construct. In fact, they could also re-use that body for a Golden-Age SANDMAN.

Dang, I'm brilliant...

I hope the STARMAN is the Golden-Age version, which would make sense, since they seem determined to make the original JSA (SPECTRE, HOURMAN, WILDCAT, DR. FATE, HAWKMAN) and other Golden-Age characters (CAPTAIN STEEL, GUARDIAN). Here's hoping Golden-Age versions of MR. TERRIFIC and FLASH aren't far behind.

Come to think of it...A Golden-Age JOHNY THUNDER would be fantastic. They could re-use the JOKER/RIDDLER/TWO-FACE/QUESTION body, and provide the Genie ("Cei u!") as a construct. In fact, they could also re-use that body for a Golden-Age SANDMAN.

Dang, I'm brilliant...

Don't forget the true Captain of the Golden Age....

I definitely want a Martian Manhunter, but the classic one. I hate the stupid looking modern versions of these characters. Leather jackets, unnecessary boot and metal glove nonsense...just poor artistic design. And god forbid they give him that idiotic "Martian" head that makes him look like a conehead from SNL.

Jemm? Never read it, never wanted it, won't be buying him if he comes out in this wave.

Starman? If it's the Golden Age Starman, I will be extremely happy! If he's the Starman from 1st Issue Special #12, I can live with that, but I much prefer the GA Starman. If he's the Starman from Adventure Comics around issue #468 (the Star Wars rip-off Starman as I call him), then I'll probably buy that one as well. I like all 3, but the GA one is by far the best and the most logical choice given the other GA characters we're seeing.

Mento is worth getting, as I love my Doom Patrol, but I wish we'd get Elasti-Girl instead. Focus on the main or major characters first, then branch out into the others.

Another Batman? Mattel can kiss my ass if they think they're gonna get me to buy more than one Batman. After the Batman in Wave 1, we never needed another variant. Too many characters in the DC Universe to justify all these variants and endless remakes.

If Pharaoh is the Golden Pharaoh from Super Powers, I can live with that. Cool design. But I agree that we need the core DC characters first, then we can worry about the made-up Super Powers figures.

Raven? Eh. I loved reading the Perez/Wolfman Titans, but I'm not too hot to get them in figures, mainly because we have no classic Robin, and also because Beast Boy isn't in his classic suit from the period.

I'd hate to see a BAF Bane or Doomsday or any modern (ie 90's and later) character because I hate all those characters. Starro would be cool. Validus would rock, as would Mordru, but I suspect that's going to be a different wave. It's make no sense to release a LSH BAF without a single LSH character in the wave. I'd kill for a Titan BAF for the New Gods, but I doubt they even know who he is. Mr. Atom would be a cool choice, given the Marvel Family is already partially out (but I want my Capt. Marvel Jr!). They're running out of cool giant-sized BAF choices...time to get some normal ones in there.

I'm down for at least Martian Manhunter, Raven, Starman (if he's classic JSA), and Golden Pharaoh... and will probably cave on the rest once I see them.

I think they need to make a full Super Friends-themed wave.

Apache Chief

Black Vulcan (interchangeable lower body & Lightning flight base)

Riddler (green spandex)

Rima the Jungle Girl

Robin (Dick Grayson classic)

Samurai

Scarecrow (minor updates from DCSH version)

Toyman (Super Friends version)

C-&-C Apache Chief (yes, 6" version AND Upscaled version in same wave... Giganta size)

I just got the Challenge of the Super Friends cartoon on DVD so I've been overdosing on it.