Blackest Night Wave 3 Review (Out Now!)

BlackLantern

Just picked them up this morning.

BlackestNightWave3.jpg

Review:

Black Lantern Aquaman - This is my personal favorite Black Lantern figure yet. I also like how the orange part of him is not shiny like DCD has been doing with some of the colors on the Blackest Night figures. There is also very nice detail on the neck and face of this figure. Comes with Black Lantern stand. Definately a must have if you collect the Blackest Night figures

Orange Lantern Larfleeze - I've been waiting for this one for a while, so I am glad it came out with this wave. In my opinion, the head sculpt is amazing on this one. This one does have the shiny orange on it, but it looks great on this figure. I know some people do not like the shiny paint used on alot of these Blackest Night figures, but I like it on this one. He comes with Glomulus, who is very detailed for a pack in. Also comes with an orange lantern pack in and Orange Lantern stand.

Green Lantern Arisia - I am glad they released her in this wave too, she is a very cool figure. Everything green on here is the shiny paint, as well as the white. This also looks great on her, making it go well with the rest of the figures. She is pretty plain besides that. Comes with green lantern pack in and Green Lantern stand. Great figure in my opinion.

Star Sapphire - Sometimes a wave has a buzzkill, and in this wave, Star Sapphire is that figure. It is not a terrible figure or anything, but DCD used the EXACT same body sculpt, that being the torso, arms, and legs, as the Green Lantern Series 3 Star Sapphire figure. The only difference is, the Blackest Night Star Sapphire is translucent on the pink area, and has glitter inside the translucent pink area. That is definately a cool addition, but it being the exact same sculpt is sort of a buzzkill for this figure. It is basically like a variant of the Green Lantern Series 3 Star Sapphire. The good thing about this figure besides the translucent glittery pink area, it has a new head sculpt. This head sculpt is alot better in my opinion than the Green Lantern Series 3 Star Sapphire head sculpt. If you do not already have the Green Lantern Series 3 Star Sapphire, then you might want to pick this figure up. The Blackest Night Star Sapphire is DEFINATELY the better of the two figures in my opinion. Comes with a pink lantern pack in and a Star Sapphire stand.

Found these pictures over at fwoosh.

Thanks to SCB

BL Aquaman

Pleased with him, needs a trident though.

img0428sa.jpg

img0426kb.jpg

Star of the line, Larfleeze

lamph.jpg

scalet.jpg

glom.jpg

More Larfleeze from Super4Ever

photoon20100217at1610.jpg

I only got Larfleeze, funds are tight right now. He really came out good though and can hold his battery like in the books if you position him right. The detail on Glomulus is pretty good as well, nice little pack in. Sorry about the mess and the cruddy image, I took it with my webcam and that pile of bags behind it is all the comics I need to put away. Anyway, let me know if there's any requests with Larfleeze, I'll try to get them up.

From acidburn135

Here are the new Blackest Night figures that went on sale today. Post yyour pics, reviews and discuss what you think about this wave.

arisa.jpg

larfleeze.jpg

star.jpg

aqua.jpg

More from SCB:

Arisa, same height as Diana, so tall, but not that tall for a DCD figure. Tons of boobs too.

groupz.jpg

halug.jpg

dianad.jpg

boobsm.jpg

More from SCB

Never picked up the original Star Sapphire, not a new figure, but the translucence is nice.

Rainbow Corps

rainbowq.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DC Direct really hit it out of the park with this entire line! This is what DC Direct should be doing! They have access to DC editorial and therefore "know" which characters will be featured in "hot" upcoming storylines. With most stories being 8 issues long (or longer...like 52 issues long!), if DC Direct begins working on a line when the stories are solicited (3 months before they show up in the comic book stores), they should have plenty of time to get the figures out while the actual comics are still on store shelves. This works! It works with Blackest Night for sure! DC KNOWS already that War of the Supermen and Brightest Day are 2 of their big stories for 2010/2011. With the World of Krypton figures just announced, it looks like we may get key characters coming out when their stories are still relevant! Thank you DC Direct! Keep up the good work!

My wave 3 came today on my day off, woo hoo!

I agree with everything the OP said about them except for the fact that I think the original Star Saphire figure is far better than the BN one. I just like it better all around. I'll most likely keep the BN Saphire in her box and ebay her.

The rest however are nothing but more great figures. I like the shinny green paint on the GLs. It sets them apart from the rest of the Earth-bound heroes with green spandex, they look like suits made to travel through space. Dead Aquaman looks great next to my dead Superman and it just makes me wish I had dead Martian Manhunter to go next to them. (Some day I'll get wave 2). Larfleeze and Arisia are also winners.

Blackest Night is the best toy line out there right now.

I have thew GL3 Star Sapphire and I've seen the BN3 Sapphire. I like the GL3 version loads better. The translucent plastic makes Carol look like a phantasm instead of a solid entity. They could have done Fatality instead. I just want the different corps stands for these.