New DC Direct Items Shown at Toy Fair 2010!

JackTChance

Since TNI has been so slow to cover the DC Direct booth offerings at Toy Fair 2010, I figured it was time for me to start this topic, so that others can see what was for me one of the most anticipated parts of Toy Fair this year!

The following pictures of DC Direct goodness all come to us courtesy of Green Lantern head writer Geoff Johns, who posted these on his Twitter page...

The Flash (Barry Allen) as a Blue Lantern

BlueLanternFlash.jpg

Wonder Woman as a Star Sapphire

StarSapphireWonderWoman.jpg

And now the part I was waiting for...

The "Power Ring Spectrum Set"... DC Direct's own, official LIGHT-UP power ring props!

DCDirectPowerRingSpectrumSet.jpg

This looks to me like it's mainly a packaging sample, as the rings themselves look 100% identical to the PVC promo rings that were included with key issues of the Blackest Night storyline this past fall. I'll bet they don't even have working LED lights in them yet! <_<

And then DC Direct unveiled one last surprise that I was not expecting at all...

A SINESTRO CORPS POWER BATTERY PROP!!! :blink:

DCDirectSinestroCorpsPowerBattery.jpg

My only complaints: The Sinestro Corps Power Ring that's included needs to be painted the exact same metallic gold color as the Power Battery, so that the 2 match; and it needs to have the little display pedestal for the ring, as the other power battery props did. Once they fix those 2 things, it'll be PERFECT! @luv@

Edited by JackTChance

I also found an official promotional photo of the Sinestro Corps Power Battery Prop...

DCDSinestroCorpsPowerBatteryProp.jpg

house-do-want.jpg

Well...the Retro figures are Mattel, not DCD.

Didn't realize that, deleted that picture. I wasn't sure who made those, but now I know! ^_^
And there's a thread discussing that latest Blackest Night wave already.
I must have missed that thread, but I wasn't sure if those figures had been seen yet, so I erred on the side of caution. ;)
The Sinestro lantern is kinda neat, though.
There's no "kinda" about it for me, it WILL be mine! I only have one Power Battery Prop right now, the very first one that DCD ever put out! I've passed up all the others, although I now wish I'd picked up the Alan Scott one. But I will NOT pass up this one! I'll find a way to get it for substantially BELOW the MSRP and it WILL be mine! ^_^

There's no "kinda" about it for me, it WILL be mine! I only have one Power Battery Prop right now, the very first one that DCD ever put out! I've passed up all the others, although I now wish I'd picked up the Alan Scott one. But I will NOT pass up this one! I'll find a way to get it for substantially BELOW the MSRP and it WILL be mine! ^_^

Don't get me wrong, I like it...I would pick one up if it was reasonably priced, but I wouldn't drop the change they'll want for it. :)

Don't get me wrong, I like it...I would pick one up if it was reasonably priced, but I wouldn't drop the change they'll want for it. :)

And that's why crafty DC Direct collectors long ago discovered certain online dealers that discount DCD's products AT LEAST 30% when you pre-order through them (and often more like 35% off! ;)) which is the only way to go when ordering their more expensive offerings, such as the props and the statues. ^_^

Here's DC Direct's advance solicitation for the Sinestro Corps Power Battery, as posted by TNI HERE:

sinestropowerbattery600x750.jpg

JLA TROPHY ROOM: SINESTRO POWER BATTERY PROP REPLICA

In blackest day, in brightest night,

Beware your fears made into light

Let those who try to stop what’s right,

Burn like my power... Sinestro's might!

The latest addition to the JLA TROPHY ROOM is the must-have replica for any Green Lantern fan!

As a companion piece to other DC Direct Green Lantern Power Batteries – and in light of the events of Blackest Night – the Sinestro Power Battery is sure to add a little fear into the heart of any hero.

The Sinestro Power Battery Prop Replica is 11.5” high x 7.25” wide x 10” deep is made of resin and comes with a ring.

Packaged in a 4-color box, with a 4-color Certificate of Authenticity. Limited Edition. Manufactured to order.

Advance-solicited; on sale October 27, 2010 * Prop Replica * $350 US

So, looks like the hopes of this being metal like the previous JLA Trophy Room Power Battery have just been shattered. And here I was, looking forward to having a metal version of the Sinestro Corps Power Ring. :unsure:

Wow I still just don't get this stupid lantern crap.... Flash should not be a blue lantern, should never be a lantern period. Same with WW.... @hmmm@ Figs look ok but DCD SUCKS! @loll@

Draven

Its all part of the story, and it's just a temporary change. Flash'll be back to his red and yellow soon enough.

New announcement this week from DC Direct. Frankly, I saw this one coming a mile away! soupson.gif

Taken From DCU BLOG

Wednesday, February 24th, 2010

By Alex Segura

Have you all read BLACKEST NIGHT #7? I’d hope so. If not, step away from your computers and sit down with a copy. I don’t mind waiting.

Back? Ok, great. How awesome was that last page? Take a moment to collect your thoughts, because we’ve got a nice bit of news to go with that amazing double-page spread.

Ready?

With BLACKEST NIGHT #7 on sale today, we’re happy to announce a new, White Lantern promotional ring, tying into retailer orders for BRIGHTEST DAY #1. Want one to complete your set? Then make sure to mention this to your local retailer:

For every 25 copies of BRIGHTEST DAY #1 ordered by 4/15, retailers can order one bag of 50 White Lantern rings, at $8 a bag.

Cool? Well, that’s not all. In addition to the promotional rings, our friends at DC DIRECT have made no secret of their plans for a BLACKEST NIGHT POWER RING SPECTRUM SET, featuring every Lantern ring with light-up capability. And because we’re aware it’s not the full spectrum without all the ring colors, the White Lantern ring will be included at no extra cost.

Like the other wearable rings in the set (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet and black), the white ring instantly lights up with a long-lasting LED bulb when you slip the ring on your finger — depending on your mood, of course. You can also turn the rings off, but why would you?

And because we’re all about visuals here, take a look at both the White Lantern promotional ring and the DC DIRECT SPECTRUM SET, below.

bnringset.jpg

bnpromowhitering.jpg

You can pre-order the Power Ring Spectrum Set from Discount Comic Book Service and save 32% off of DC Direct's MSRP! happy.gif

Ya..I saw that yellow lantern in a previews guide...to rich for me for sure but cool!

I may have to see about ordering that ring set...hmmm

I have all of the Blackest Night figures out so far..and can't wait for more of these to come out!!! Concidering it will take forever for Mattel to get these into the DCUC line...which they have hinted at I believe. -Well we did get a Cyborg Sups with yellow rings...lol

I did notice with a few of the newer DCD figures some have that new swivel on the biceps!! could be good for these.

Wow I still just don't get this stupid lantern crap.... Flash should not be a blue lantern, should never be a lantern period. Same with WW.... @hmmm@ Figs look ok but DCD SUCKS! @loll@

Draven

Its all part of the story, and it's just a temporary change. Flash'll be back to his red and yellow soon enough.

Oh I know, but my point is he NEVER should have been a Lantern! I think this is one of the worst story arcs ever.... and DC has had some bad ones imo.

Draven

• 3 weeks later...

The Sinestro Corps Power Battery Prop is now FINALLY available for pre-order over at Discount Comic Book Service! The discount? 32% off of DC Direct's MSRP, making it only $238.00! :D

Needless to say, mine is now pre-ordered! ^_^