Toy Fair 2010 - G.I. Joe & Cobra 3 3/4" Figure Assortments

Outsiders

I LOVE the new cardbacks!!! That Alley-Viper is awesome as well.....Jungle-Viper has a lot going on but looks like a cool figure to display. Arctic Destro is great looking too......That Beachhead figure could be the best version of the character EVER. "That's top secret swabby!"

I like the chase Cobra Commander for some reason.....maybe is the metallic mask or something....he just looks way better than the version we got with the movie figures.

"Tech-Ninja" Snake-Eyes or whatever that thing is....is kinda lame. I'm liking the Snake-eyes with Timber though.....but I don't really need another one. (I always say that and always end up buying another one)

Alley Viper: Not bad. Wonder why they didn't just repaint the 7-pack version like with the Strato-Viper.

Beach Head: Very nice. I wonder if the stuff like that grenade are detachable.

Cobra Commander: Meh.

Destro: Not too bad. I wonder what the gun is. You can see a clear cord running back behind him (to the backpack, I presume). Flamethrower? I wonder if those goggles will fit other figures.

Duke: I had no idea who that was until I reread the list. I don't know if it works as "Duke" for me, but a nice looking figure.

Dusty: Looks kinda "bulky". I wondier if the mask is removable. Hard to tell.

Firefly: It's ok. I don't like the head in the pic. It looks like his eyes/face were painted on OVER the mask.

Jungle Viper: So...can he fly or what? Earlier pics had him with with mechanical vulture (or maybe that was Ripcord). He also looked more "Night-Viper" like then he does now...I think. Weapons would be nice.

Wild Bill Recondo: Sorry, got confused since he, IMO, looks more like he should be at a rodeo then in a jungle.

The card front is ok, the back is kinda lame. I liked the old backs that showed all the figures of the wave.

Snake Eyes and Timber: On a side note, I managed to find a Snake Eyes with Black Timber.

Timber.jpg

Interesting that this is already Timber's 3rd mold (4th if you include the Sandstorm repaint) and, as said in another thread, why no articulation for such an, apparently, important animal character.

Cyborg Snake Eyes: Lol.

Snow Job: Looks like he comes with a bit of gear. Wonder what that tube thing is on his side.

Storm Shadow: Not enough swords. And does every future version have to have the "torn top" look?

Zartan: Not too bad I guess. Why does he have not one but TWO bullseyes on his chest?

I've been trying to get out of Joe, but it looks like i'm getting pulled back in. I can't help it some of these things, look plain amazing. Firefly's single pack is just odd, looks more like Wraith. He might make a nice alley viper of some kind.

That alley viper is so close to perfect. If they had gone with blue instead of red, and gave it the dragon mask, my wife would have been angry at the result... me buying a small army.

Beachead may be the best joe action figure of all time. He looks realistic, and yet somehow fantastic.

It's good to see they are going back to blonde with this duke (last year the previews showed him with brown hair) It's making me like the liquid armor. If this guy had a helmet of some kind he would be top notch too.

I'm a little worried about past figs that we didn't see, what about that city strike scarlet or desert heavy duty? I always planned on picking up those two for some quick and hopefully great switches. (Some ladies head (not sure who) and we could have mayday, and then for Hd, I'd dremel out the vvv black and gold sand viper hread for a great new sand viper)

I've been waiting for a new Dusty forever, and I could not be happier with the way he turned out. The new mask is a really cool take on the character. I wish the alternate unmasked head had cloth on the helmet, but I will probably be keeping the masked version on anyway.

Duke( a surprise),

Ha! Are you also suprised when you see a new Wolverine figure in an X-Men toy line? :)

jk.

@loll@ No I am surprised how much I like him!! He looks more bad arse than Duke ever has to me! @loll@

Draven

I gotta say, i was so impressed about what I saw yesterday, I went out today and grabbed a the snarler cycle I was holding off on. (clearence) The new looks really feel like a more appropriate evolution of Rah. Duke is blonde again, and that's great. Even the more fantastic set of ninjas, while they do nothing for me, I can't deny if i was still a kid, i'd dig them.

Alley Viper: Not too bad.

Beach Head: Awesome. Actually beats out the comic pack version in my opinion.

Cobra Commander: Works as an exclusive.

Destro: Awesome. It looks like he's got snow on his mask though. I hope it's not on the final product.

Duke: Pretty neat figure. I might have to make him into Tunnel Rat though, after a head swap.

Dusty: A little busy, but still cool.

Firefly: I really like it. I'm getting a big Metal Gear/Sigma Six vibe from all these figures, and I like that.

Jungle Viper: I think that huge apparatus is some sort of tech-camo shroud rather than wings.

Recondo: Looks good. I can already see Hasbro re-using him for Gung Ho though.

Snake Eyes and Timber: I like this Snake Eyes. Not too busy, but well-equipped. It looks like Timber has an articulated head.

Techy Snake Eyes: Not feeling this one.

Snow Job: Awesome. I can't wait to get him. One of my favorite Joes.

Prince of Persia Storm Shadow: Kind of neat, but I don't like the head.

Zartan: Not feeling this one either.

Overall, I'm loving how we're getting different environment-specific figures. I don't know if they're going to split the theme up into waves, or mix them in.

I feel as if we're experiencing a G.I. Joe renaissance. I love the new figures, and the new packaging looks like something I would have dreamed up as a kid back in the day. The only things I'd like to see are a return to the anniversary line and more large vehicles. But I'm extremely excited about what's to come. Wow...

Snake Eyes and Timber: I like this Snake Eyes. Not too busy, but well-equipped. It looks like Timber has an articulated head.

according to generaljoes it's some kind of action attack. When you push his tail down his head swings in a biting motion.

HASBRO, quit releasing new sculpts of SNAKE-EYES in grey. START him out in BLACK !!!

HASBRO, quit releasing new sculpts of SNAKE-EYES in grey. START him out in BLACK !!!

If they do that how are they supposed to make you buy the same figure twicewink.gif ?

Really love what I'm seeing here. Dusty really stands out. Great looking figure (and for those who don't know, there've been reports on other sites that he comes with a second unmasked head). I'm also digging Zartan, Recondo, Snow Job, and Jungle Viper. Duke is a pleasent surprise. I never thought I'd want to get him again but I'm looking forward to this one.

Sigh...

I haven't spent any money on GI Joe stuff since the last of the 25th stuff came out in early 2009, and now Hasbro has to go and make all of these cool new figures. I have a feeling much of my spare cash will be going to Hasbro if they keep putting out figures that look like this. :)

Good job Hasbro!

On a side note - what's up with Taliban Storm Shadow?

according to generaljoes it's some kind of action attack. When you push his tail down his head swings in a biting motion.

Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?

i'm baffled too. I don't understand why simple articulation would be so bad.

Found a neat article on the terrordrome w/ comparison pics of what changed from joecon to toyfair:

terrordrome

Check it out, the pics are nice.

One thing i didn't notice in till now is that the old ss's head is different than the new ss's head.

ANyone else think the new ss may make a good bandaged se head?

Found a neat article on the terrordrome w/ comparison pics of what changed from joecon to toyfair:

terrordrome

One thing i didn't notice in till now is that the old ss's head is different than the new ss's head.

I see a general improvement from joecon to toyfair, except for Storm Shadow and maybe Snake Eyes.

terrordrome

I see a general improvement from joecon to toyfair, except for Storm Shadow and maybe Snake Eyes.

Those two are so different that i'm betting we will see them, especially the se. It is a pattern that Se's get grey and black versions.

The original needed a white wife beater, and he would have been pretty nice, I like that head better for sure. I don't know where the images of the resolute training Samurai Se are, but one of those was his head. (the only one i ever saw was a mostly proto)

Too bad Shadow Trakker isn't nowhere to be seen. He was a great looking figure.

EM

Indeed. I was really hoping to see that one. Hopefully it's still in the works.