Marvel Universe figures PISS ME OFF

supreme-d

I hate them. At first I could just ignore, because their weren't many out there. But now they are everywhere. Even the Iron Man, Spiderman, and X-men lines are in their scale. They are like less detailed mini-me marvel Legends, and what drives me crazy is that people are supporting this? In fact it looks like Hasbro is completely ignoring the Marvel Legends line these days. I want 6 inch Secret Wars two-packs! I want and 6 inch Invaders box set! I want Spiderman and his Amazing friends! Naughty girls need love too! I want all my figures to be painted uniformly and all in scale! I mean, I think many of the Universe figures look stocky and ugly, but at least they all look the same sort of stock and ugly! Feel free to add fuel to the fire, fellow disgruntled former Marvel figure collectors.

Don't make me start buying these Hasbro.I mean I might do it eventually (If you get to like a wave 10), but boy will I hate you for it.

• Like 2

I have bought some and I do hate Hasbro for it.

I don't hate them for making 3 3/4 Marvel figures, I hate them because they aren't doing them very well at all. The little Marvel figures pretty much suck, but then again, so did Hasbro's Marvel Legends.

so yeah, I hate Hasbro... for killing Marvel Legends (after Toybiz's were awesome) and for making some really lackluster small Marvel figures (why can't they even be half as good as their GiJoe or StarWars lines????)

So true Clam, so true; It's like everything Hasbro has learned about making 4" inch figures this past couple of years has been thrown out the window. I could understand them having problems with the Marvel Legends that wasn't really their thing, but 3/34" is their specialty how could they screw them up is beyond me.

Don't make me start buying these Hasbro.I mean I might do it eventually (If you get to like a wave 10), but boy will I hate you for it.

Uuhhhhhhh..........

How can Hasbro "make you" buy something you hate?

• Like 1

Uuhhhhhhh..........

Yeah, collecting toys isn't an addiction. It's not an addiction at all.

I hate them. At first I could just ignore, because their weren't many out there. But now they are everywhere. Even the Iron Man, Spiderman, and X-men lines are in their scale. They are like less detailed mini-me marvel Legends, and what drives me crazy is that people are supporting this? In fact it looks like Hasbro is completely ignoring the Marvel Legends line these days. I want 6 inch Secret Wars two-packs! I want and 6 inch Invaders box set! I want Spiderman and his Amazing friends! Naughty girls need love too! I want all my figures to be painted uniformly and all in scale! I mean, I think many of the Universe figures look stocky and ugly, but at least they all look the same sort of stock and ugly! Feel free to add fuel to the fire, fellow disgruntled former Marvel figure collectors.

I don't have a one nor do I intend to. My ML collection has taken too much time to build. Getting into the 3-3/4" scale would be like starting all over to me. If no more 6" comes out (though there will be albeit sparingly) then I'm done.

I agree they suck too. Not only can Hasbro not 'make' me buy these they cannot intice me to buy them either.

• Like 1

i support the line 100% last month i bought the comic pack wave3 and some ironman 2 figures at toysrus... long as i keep supporting the more hasbro will make more 3inch figures for us marvel universe fans.

so...yeah sorry for your lack of marvel legends... but you know, out with the old, in with the new.

• Like 2

i support the line 100% last month i bought the comic pack wave3 and some ironman 2 figures at toysrus... long as i keep supporting the more hasbro will make more 3inch figures for us marvel universe fans.

so...yeah sorry for your lack of marvel legends... but you know, out with the old, in with the new.

They're not new, Mcdonalds has been giving them away for years the only difference is that before you got a burger and fries to go with it. Anyway it's not about the lack of Marvel Legends it's about the quality of the product which in this case it's bad. I can understand the Power of the Force collection looking like chess pieces I own several of them but that was 1995 this is 2010 SW has come a long way and about 90% of the new ones are top notch. So why do I see these great SW figures in the toy aisle and turn around and see something like MU Punisher, Hulk, Thing, Daredevil among others and this comes from the same company???????? Heck even the short-lived Indiana Jones figures looked better. Nothing personal against MU figures heck I even considered getting my 2 favorite characters(Captain America and Daredevil) in MU just to own but the Daredevil is Godawful,worst of all they keep reusing that body and with Cap..... well the only decent one and I used the term loosely was a SDCC exclusive. Like I said have no personal vendetta against MU because I'm not getting Marvel Legends, if they're gone they're gone such is life at least they gave us a good collection well... mostly Toybiz.

• Like 1

Uuhhhhhhh..........

They can make Build-a-figures.

What I mean is, eventually, if they don't give us any legends figures to purchase, and a hundred Marvel universe figures each year, I would maybe start buying the ones I was interested in, solely because they are the only marvel product coming out. Recently, I bought a few Marvel Selects, not because I thought they looked especially cool or were worth the price, but because I honestly don't think I ever will get a Bucky as Captain America Marvel Legends figure at this point. Hell, I've considered making Minimates my new Marvel Comics figures of choice. If I'm going to collect Marvel figures that aren't Legends, id rather buy product from a company that didn't kill the line.

• Like 1

I don't hate them more like I dislike them what I hate is how all toys now a days are getting smaller and smaller that really pisses me off the main reason I dislike marvel legends is they are poorly constructed with very rubberly plastic that can easily be mishapen and/or broken and the torso tends to be loose and they lack the ability to properly hold their accessories without assisstance from elastic bands the paint looks terrible the prices are ridiculously too much for what you are receiving but some like my Blade figure are constructed pretty well

Well, I like them. I like them much more than any SW fig out there. I never got too much into the ML line either. I've always been into the smaller scale figs. And while they're not perfect, I think that's to be expected for the first year or so of the product. The stuff they are putting out now is much better than the first few waves. They're coming around. They're not perfect, but then I never thought ML was a perfect line either. I thought most of those figs were ugly as hell, and their articulation hindered the overall look of the figure. So, I guess for me, it's make mine Marvel Universe.

• Like 1

Well well well Hasbro. Seems you are cleaning up your act. If anyone hasn't seen the Toyfair pics yet, it seems that the Legends two packs are coming out, and they don't look half bad. In fact, every pack seems to be worth purchase. Winter Soldier and Black Widow are my #1, followed by the Deadpool and Warpath, and lastly the Valkyrie and Hulk. I do wonder whats going to happen with the other prototype figures from last years SDCC. Many of those seemed like they would sell very well (Multiple Man especially).

Also, the Marvel Universe figures don't look as ugly as they used to (which is why I said eventually I might end up buying a few). If the finished product looks the same quality, Hasbro might bet some non-Legends money from me..

Eehhh... nice flame bait. Perhaps you'ld like to tell us WHAT you like about the line instead of just trying to piss people off.
  • Like 2

Eehhh... nice flame bait. Perhaps you'ld like to tell us WHAT you like about the line instead of just trying to piss people off.

hehehe...yeah. i'm abit of #$##. hahah. ah. seriously i'm happy with the legends 2-pack as well as marvel universe. i dont chose sides i just get them becus...i'm a marvel fan. i am wearing a jacket with the punisher symbol and a t-shirt with the punisher. (and dc comics boxers) at this moment with my marvel legends and marvel universe figures on my desk.

• Like 1

I'll probably going to get a bad rating for this, but I hate the old Marve Legends, although I loved it not too long ago.Yea they were really good but recently i buy figures in package and they break and and limbs are put in wrong....I don't understand the complaints in quaulity because I'm a DC guy, and well....have you seen they DCIH horrific;but ive still bought some because I love the characters. By the way at least Hasbros ML can stand up. All Toy biz MLs had so much articulation hey get loose and fall over/

P.S. The new Ironman that came in the two-pack Is beast!

Anyways I think Hasbro well be releasing the 2-packs so they might be back on track/

• Like 1

Perhaps you'll tell us why you're trying to start a fight with a guy you (probably) disagree with and/or just want to embarrass.

• Like 1

I get it, people are mad legends are Gone. I hated it when Joe changed scale, so like i said, i understand. But guys it's over. They aren't coming back and I don't think Hasbro is entirely to blame, 3 3/4 is the way a lot of lines are going. Retailers do indeed have an impact on things as well! I wouldn't be suprised if those two packs don't ever make it out. With action figure prices rising in general, the smaller fig means cheaper to make, cheaper for you to buy, cheaper for Stores to carry (shipping, storage space etc.)

Now I can say this, Hasbro hasn't handled the line as well as i would have hoped, they are too expensive for their size and lack of accessories. Some of the female face sculpts are ugly, and i'm still baffleda s to why the hulk can't have a ball and socket neck joint. I've yet to really see a good green hulk, the newer head in the comic pack is better but the color is sooo bright! And Luke Cage looks like a generic raper. It's really a terrible look from marvel, Hasbro should have just not made him!

So I have to agree that MOST of the MU figs dont really look up to par with the standards of the ML legacy. However there have been some exceptions, well one for me, that I just had to buy... Deadpool. That tiny fig is soooo nice. Some of the new MU figs they showed at NYCC like ironman 2 stuff etc looks like they have some potential, and I love me some ironman stuff.

As for Marvel Legends, I was sad to see Toybiz go and see Hasbro come in, and yeah some of their figs were great but it really got to a point where even if i wanted them, I couldn't find them for the life of me. I never saw the Ares wave or the Nemesis wave and barely saw any of the Red Hulk wave. The 2 packs IMO have been decent but not must buys however some of the new stuff shown this year look good. I've wanted that damn McGuinness Hulk ever since i saw the pic of him where he was supposed to be in the Fing Fang Foom wave. So I pick and choose and honestly its great that the ML line is kind of dying. I was spending too much money on them so in a way its saving me money! lol...

For those that are not so happy about hasbro killing ML and arent digging the MU stuff, I'd suggest switching to DCU Classics.. That stuff is the bees knees. But if you dont like DC.. well I guess theres always those fond ML memories.

• Like 1

... I wouldn't be suprised if those two packs don't ever make it out....

You SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH! :o

Hey Everyone,

I haven't seen the new 2 packs for marvel legends yet, but they sound interesting. I don't mind Marvel Legends not being around, they produced some pretty cool figures. I just wish they would've finished off some of the teams like New X Men or the Jim Lee X men team. They ended up doing everyone from avengers and even got a Giantman Blue yellow in the MU Line that i use for my legends scene. MU is pretty useless for me, idon't see the point in recollecting all the characters in another scale. The only MU I would buy are the large scale figures that i can use for my legends scenes. I'm sure they will make a sentinel for next year.

With DC Universe, I just collect the teams i like and some individual characters. The BAFs are hit or miss for me so i don't feel the need to get everyone of them. Hasbro is saving me an aweful lot of money and that's fine by me.

regards

Joshua

• Like 1

I get it, people are mad legends are Gone. I hated it when Joe changed scale, so like i said, i understand. But guys it's over. They aren't coming back and I don't think Hasbro is entirely to blame, 3 3/4 is the way a lot of lines are going. Retailers do indeed have an impact on things as well! I wouldn't be suprised if those two packs don't ever make it out. With action figure prices rising in general, the smaller fig means cheaper to make, cheaper for you to buy, cheaper for Stores to carry (shipping, storage space etc.)

Now I can say this, Hasbro hasn't handled the line as well as i would have hoped, they are too expensive for their size and lack of accessories. Some of the female face sculpts are ugly, and i'm still baffleda s to why the hulk can't have a ball and socket neck joint. I've yet to really see a good green hulk, the newer head in the comic pack is better but the color is sooo bright! And Luke Cage looks like a generic raper. It's really a terrible look from marvel, Hasbro should have just not made him!

3 3/4 is what Hasbro best known for since they make killing from all those starwars and joe figures. Hasbro isn't familar doing 6 inch toys despite making some some decades ago.