Could Mace Windu have survived?

Devilbat

What if a one-armed Mace Windu, secretly had an affair with Padme (after falling from the window of course). Would that mean that Luke and Leia could possibly be Mace Windu's kids??? Now that's reality.

Nice. Why even comment?

because this jerk probably has nothing better to do than try to and put logic and reality into a movie set in a fictional land

Being MACE WINDU the second most powerful JEDI (after YODA o'course) i honestly have never thought for him to have died in that fall; i believe that the obvious choice (I would have done it, if i were to be betrayed and outnumbered in that crucial fight) was to escape. In fact it appears to me that MACE indeed JUMPS through the window, and was not pushed by the lightning storm that PALPATINE created.

I remember in the CLONE WARS animated mini-series (not CGI) that MACE WINDU attacked a FEDERATION Ship and COMPLETELY destroyed it, even JUMPED too far after the explosion and landed on safe ground OK.

So, With or without a hand, he still had his legs and could have landed somewhere on any building or vehicle that happened to come by. Even in EPII:ATOC, ANAKIN realized some stunts like those. so WAS IT POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO HAVE SURVIVED?, i say YES!.

Now the REAL Question is: did he survived in the mind of GEORGE LUCAS?

Why couldn't Palpatine take down Mace? According to Star Wars Insider he already took down the most powerful Sith Lord.

The answer is obvious. He was forcing Anakin to do it. Mace represented the last vestage of the Jedi, the final test for Anakin to become Vader.

And if you don't like that answer, how about this. The Sith that Palpatine took out was a real wuss. For an example, Darth Maul. Going by the movies, Maul was...kind of pathetic.

One of the laws of screen writing is: If a character is shown to be wounded in battle but slinks away and not shown to die, then the character is alive! This especially holds true in horror movies, although not the same genre as Star Wars it is all part of a basic writing process. There is no way Mace's character is dead! They have to show a body.

One of the laws of screen writing is: If a character is shown to be wounded in battle but slinks away and not shown to die, then the character is alive! This especially holds true in horror movies, although not the same genre as Star Wars it is all part of a basic writing process. There is no way Mace's character is dead! They have to show a body.

exactly

I have allways thought he survived

He still had a good arm and he possibly controled hi fear and slowed his fsll using the force and could of landed in a speeder just flying along

Hell if they can bring back Darth Maul after he was chopped in half there is a strong possibilty Mace survived

When the heck did they bring Darth maul back? Was it on that stupid clone wars show? If so that continues to destroy the idea the prequals were a trilogy, they weren't all the important events apparently took place not in the movies, but inbetween them.

Maul coming back was in the Infinities 1-shot comic & a short in the Tales anthology series. Just a bunch of random non-continuity stuff. Maul is & always will be dead.

Although they are making a figure of the Infinities version, complete with mechanical goat legs & non-trimmed horns. Freaky as hell looking. It's a Comic-Con exclusive comic pack with an Owen Lars figure.

thanks for the info. I figured it was a comic thing. That's another beef i have with Star wars, why tell so many stories that are out of continuity? There are far more in alternate contunity than there are in the real one!

exactly

I agree, you have my vote of confidence.

I believe that maybe ol' George will bring him back in the upcoming STARWARS live action series, I read somewhere that BOBA FETT will be on the spotlight during the series, so maybe he will face MACE WINDU (if he's alive indeed) and then have a showdown.

Maybe he's the one that BOBA FETT desintegrates after all (remember when VADER asks him about "NO DISINTEGRATIONS"). With whom could BOBA FETT be so enraged to desintegrate, my bet is on MACE WINDU.

maybe......

What if a one-armed Mace Windu, secretly had an affair with Padme (after falling from the window of course). Would that mean that Luke and Leia could possibly be Mace Windu's kids??? Now that's reality.

Nice. Why even comment?

because this jerk probably has nothing better to do than try to and put logic and reality into a movie set in a fictional land

Actually spystreak, I'm using this guy's own words against him. I found a thread where someone was irritating him in the same way, and that was his reply. So clealy he doesn't like it when people are sarcastic and snarky, but then he comes here and does the same thing?! *sigh* I just don't understand people sometimes...

Ahh...maybe I'm being silly and petty myself for even acknowledging the guy's comments and responding. I usually try to ignore people like that.

• Like 2

Maul coming back was in the Infinities 1-shot comic & a short in the Tales anthology series. Just a bunch of random non-continuity stuff. Maul is & always will be dead.

Although they are making a figure of the Infinities version, complete with mechanical goat legs & non-trimmed horns. Freaky as hell looking. It's a Comic-Con exclusive comic pack with an Owen Lars figure.

FRAC...Thats a Comic Con 2 pack? Damn see how much I was paying attention

Whoa! didn't know they brought him back, i need to find that 1 shot. Glad it's non-continuity.

Whoa! didn't know they brought him back, i need to find that 1 shot. Glad it's non-continuity.

here you go

http://www.htmlcomics.com/Book/html.asp?Series_Name=Star Wars (Others)&Book_No=914&Page_Number=3&Alpha=S&Lookup=

• 2 weeks later...

Is Mace dead? No. As mentioned above, he was never shown to die, therefore he is alive. Also, even if Sam Jackson said his character was dead, doesn't make it so. He simply may not know. Never take an actor at face value. They are actors after all.

My guess for Mace: he will have a roll in The Live Action TV show. From what I understood about the show, it would be short story arcs about different characters. Not just following one or two characters. He could have a 4 or 5 episode arc, that could connect with another later on. They are aiming for 100 episodes after all. Maybe Vader hires Boba to bring in Mace, and instead Boba kills Mace. Vader's line in Empire would further that. "No disintegration..... this time."

• 4 weeks later...

Comic Book Logic; anybody can be brought back at anytime using any reason i.e. time travel, dream, coma, memory loss, body double, magic, clone. You get the picture.

Chopz

• 2 weeks later...

Oh and i just read that comic that had Darth Maul coming back after Obi-Wan and it was alright, but in three years Owen and Obi aged alot!

maybe that's why it's not considered cannon :D