Could Mace Windu have survived?

Devilbat

I was just watching the scene in Episode III where Mace Windu gets fried by Palpatine and tossed out the window, and it just occured to me that you never see him hit the ground. And it's possible he survived the effects of the Force lightning; after all, Luke survived it in Jedi. Wouldn't it be cool to think that perhaps Mace Windu survived and fought for many more years as an underground Order 66 survivor? I mean, I know he would eventually have died, more than likely at the hands of Darth Vader had he survived his encounter with Palpatine, because Yoda and Obi-Wan wouldn't have regarded Luke and/or Leia as their "last hope" in defeating the Emperor. It's just a possibility I found interesting to entertain...

• Like 2

I was just watching the scene in Episode III where Mace Windu gets fried by Palpatine and tossed out the window, and it just occured to me that you never see him hit the ground. And it's possible he survived the effects of the Force lightning; after all, Luke survived it in Jedi. Wouldn't it be cool to think that perhaps Mace Windu survived and fought for many more years as an underground Order 66 survivor? I mean, I know he would eventually have died, more than likely at the hands of Darth Vader had he survived his encounter with Palpatine, because Yoda and Obi-Wan wouldn't have regarded Luke and/or Leia as their "last hope" in defeating the Emperor. It's just a possibility I found interesting to entertain...

That is indeed an interesting concept, however I think considering the height at which Mace had to of fallen more than likely he perished. I have always wondered though, where did his severed hand and lightsaber end up? Wonder who came across and retrieved Mace's hand and lightsaber?

• Like 1

That is indeed an interesting concept, however I think considering the height at which Mace had to of fallen more than likely he perished. I have always wondered though, where did his severed hand and lightsaber end up? Wonder who came across and retrieved Mace's hand and lightsaber?

Mace Windu (aka bad-ass Jackson) is probably one of the more memorable Jedi Masters from the prequels. Only if idiotic Anakin hadn't gotten in the way. Then there would've been no Emperor/Empire/epic struggle/George Lucas.... lol. It really is a shame though.

Maybe some Coruscant denizen found Mace's severed hand and lightsaber and tried cloning him? Or tried selling it via an intergalactic online auction?

I was actually planning to write this Idea into a comic script and send it to MR.Lucas or Dark Horse comics because Mace Windu was my favourite Jedi of the whole prequel trilogy and it is my Dream to become a comicbook writer

I have allways thought he survived

He still had a good arm and he possibly controled hi fear and slowed his fsll using the force and could of landed in a speeder just flying along

Hell if they can bring back Darth Maul after he was chopped in half there is a strong possibilty Mace survived

That's exactly what I was thinking; he could have theoretically slowed his descent with the Force, but that's assuming he was conscious during the fall and aware of what was happening. Weirder things have happened...

Maybe he'll show up sometime during the Dark Times era and get disintigrated by Boba Fett as payback for beheading Jango.

as much as I adore Boba Fett I can't see him taking out a jedi master as powerful as windu it would have to be someone like Vader or if you want to contradict the force unleashed story line have Marek

I still want my reason for why Darth Vader tells Boba Fett "no disintegrations" in Empire.

I always thought that would fit perfectly if he took out Mace. ;)

I might use that in my fanfiction I always wondered what vader mean't by that as well

Being MACE WINDU the second most powerful JEDI (after YODA o'course) i honestly have never thought for him to have died in that fall; i believe that the obvious choice (I would have done it, if i were to be betrayed and outnumbered in that crucial fight) was to escape. In fact it appears to me that MACE indeed JUMPS through the window, and was not pushed by the lightning storm that PALPATINE created.

I remember in the CLONE WARS animated mini-series (not CGI) that MACE WINDU attacked a FEDERATION Ship and COMPLETELY destroyed it, even JUMPED too far after the explosion and landed on safe ground OK.

So, With or without a hand, he still had his legs and could have landed somewhere on any building or vehicle that happened to come by. Even in EPII:ATOC, ANAKIN realized some stunts like those. so WAS IT POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO HAVE SURVIVED?, i say YES!.

Now the REAL Question is: did he survived in the mind of GEORGE LUCAS?

Perhaps Mace Windu is not a real person. Perhaps these are movies and not real life.

perhaps you should move on if you don't like the thread @grumpy@

my thoughts exactly

I have allways thought he survived

He still had a good arm and he possibly controled hi fear and slowed his fsll using the force and could of landed in a speeder just flying along

Hell if they can bring back Darth Maul after he was chopped in half there is a strong possibilty Mace survived

I always thought the same thing. I mean the fall was, by appearances, a LONG one so a lot of things could have happened for him to survive.

Perhaps Mace Windu is not a real person. Perhaps these are movies and not real life.

my thoughts exactly

What if a one-armed Mace Windu, secretly had an affair with Padme (after falling from the window of course). Would that mean that Luke and Leia could possibly be Mace Windu's kids??? Now that's reality.

Being MACE WINDU the second most powerful JEDI (after YODA o'course) i honestly have never thought for him to have died in that fall; i believe that the obvious choice (I would have done it, if i were to be betrayed and outnumbered in that crucial fight) was to escape. In fact it appears to me that MACE indeed JUMPS through the window, and was not pushed by the lightning storm that PALPATINE created.

I remember in the CLONE WARS animated mini-series (not CGI) that MACE WINDU attacked a FEDERATION Ship and COMPLETELY destroyed it, even JUMPED too far after the explosion and landed on safe ground OK.

So, With or without a hand, he still had his legs and could have landed somewhere on any building or vehicle that happened to come by. Even in EPII:ATOC, ANAKIN realized some stunts like those. so WAS IT POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO HAVE SURVIVED?, i say YES!.

Why couldn't Palpatine take down Mace? According to Star Wars Insider he already took down the most powerful Sith Lord.

Why couldn't Palpatine take down Mace? According to Star Wars Insider he already took down the most powerful Sith Lord.

he did use a lot of force lightning that the saber did absorb most of it and force lightning doesn't look easy to conjure up

He was screaming when he flew out the window he had to be concious

I remember him making some kind of weird noise just before he's forced out the window, like he either died or went unconscious. I don't remember him screaming all the way down. But I've been wrong before...

Perhaps you're right. Excuse me now while I go burn all of my Star Wars stuff and curse the ridiculousness of it all. (lol)

Really man...seriously?

my thoughts exactly

What if a one-armed Mace Windu, secretly had an affair with Padme (after falling from the window of course). Would that mean that Luke and Leia could possibly be Mace Windu's kids??? Now that's reality.

this is a fictional event were talking about FICTIONAL not reality fiction goddamn how many times do we have to say it

Nice. Why even comment?