BAD NEWS on WAVE 14..?

rash

I found this snippet on another, generally reliable website:

[Update - Mattel has confirmed that this will be a Wal-Mart exclusive wave. If it follows the pattern from the past Wal-Mart exclusives, the wave should not have any variant or chase figures.]

I haven't seen this anywhere else, including this forum. If it's here somewhere, apologies for the redundancy.

If it is true...CRAP!!! I don't need another friggin' WALMART Wave so soon on the heels of the last one!!

I found this snippet on another, generally reliable website:

[Update - Mattel has confirmed that this will be a Wal-Mart exclusive wave. If it follows the pattern from the past Wal-Mart exclusives, the wave should not have any variant or chase figures.]

I haven't seen this anywhere else, including this forum. If it's here somewhere, apologies for the redundancy.

If it is true...CRAP!!! I don't need another friggin' WALMART Wave so soon on the heels of the last one!!

every 5th wave. wave 5, wave 10, and now....wave 15. as far as 14.....doesnt follow the pattern.

I don't even understand the need for all these exclusives? it really is pretty stupid, so far they have had so many exclusives its crazy. Fans do not enjoy exclusives and its pointless. They don't even sell them at every Walmart store, some don't care DCUC at all and in my area they reduced the number of stores carrying wave 10 from 5, so they went in reverse, they had more stores that carried wave 5 then stores that carries wave 10. Exclusives most often ONLY benefit scalpers who know they are hard to find for everyone.

This is the only line where I have seen, online only exclusives, TRU exclusives, Target Exclusives, Walmart exclusives...WTH

• Like 1

Yup, it is another Wally World exclusive. I know the Wal Marts around here are pretty much bare and the DCUC figs d not stay long so they will have plenty of room down here..

Bring on Zatanna.

This is the only line where I have seen, online only exclusives, TRU exclusives, Target Exclusives, Walmart exclusives...WTH

I'm sorry, have you actually been collecting action figures within the last 10 years.

Store Exclusives are a sort of incentive program to lure retailers into carrying a line. It may make them a little harder to find, but in the end it's better for a lines distribution....and longevity. In other words, you get Sam Walton in your corner, you can write your own check.

As for this being the only line that does this, you might want to look up: Star Wars (Legacy, Clone Wars, Saga, etc.), Transformers, G.I. Joe, Cars, Hot Wheels, Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe, Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghostbusters, The Dark Knight Movie Masters, Legoes, The Corps, even friggin' Barbie.

Thats just the way the game is played now.

Ok, let me clarify, I meant at the frequency and back-to-back nature of their exclusives. If you tally up all the exclusives, it is a lot in frequency, not as in the only line with exclusives. I understand the nature of business with Walmart no matter what my personal feeling are in the matter. I don't know any other line that has had this many exclusives back-to-back. I only collected figures from the 1970's and 1980's until DCSH (all the 90's and early 2000's figures suck to me). Granted I don't keep up with all those others lines like you mentioned but to my common knowledge I don't hear or come across them having as many exclusives in frequency as DCUC.

• Like 2

Store Exclusives are a sort of incentive program to lure retailers into carrying a line. It may make them a little harder to find, but in the end it's better for a lines distribution....and longevity. In other words, you get Sam Walton in your corner, you can write your own check.

Close, but not quite accurate.

Exclusives are usually paid for completely by the retailer--that is the front the cost for the entire production of that exclusive wave--which is why exclusives tend to have more re-used items than normal released waves.

Such deals are, as you said, better for distribution and longevity of the overall line, and it is a way of securing product for the coming production year(s).

• Like 1

Hmmm yeah it was mentioned in the real wave 14 thread a while back. It does not bother me, as wave 10 was massively easy for most of us to find. I said most, I know some of you did not find them easily.

Draven

I know it may have been said already but I forgot but. When dose this wave come out is it like in the summer time or what. The way my Wal-Mart is right now with them I may not see them at all. I be going to Wal-Mart either Tomorrow or Thursday and I'm going to see who they still have there right now.

I'm sorry, have you actually been collecting action figures within the last 10 years.

As for this being the only line that does this, you might want to look up: Star Wars (Legacy, Clone Wars, Saga, etc.), Transformers, G.I. Joe, Cars, Hot Wheels, Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe, Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghostbusters, The Dark Knight Movie Masters, Legoes, The Corps, even friggin' Barbie.

Thats just the way the game is played now.

Ok, let me clarify, I meant at the frequency and back-to-back nature of their exclusives. If you tally up all the exclusives, it is a lot in frequency, not as in the only line with exclusives. I understand the nature of business with Walmart no matter what my personal feeling are in the matter. I don't know any other line that has had this many exclusives back-to-back. I only collected figures from the 1970's and 1980's until DCSH (all the 90's and early 2000's figures suck to me). Granted I don't keep up with all those others lines like you mentioned but to my common knowledge I don't hear or come across them having as many exclusives in frequency as DCUC.

Playmates in 1999 with their Star Trek line had only exclusives that year as a way to get them out to customers--You could only get them through KB, Target, New Force or ToyFare.

I'm wondering if the exclusives are a way to guarantee Target and TRU new DCUC merchandise that WM can't ship early from China beating those retailers in getting figures that Target or TRU won't get until a month or more later which by that point most collectors already have those figures and pass on them at their store--this way each major retailer will have something the other won't allowing foot traffic and no fear of pegwarmers. It also cuts out online etailers who seem to be getting the last few waves before any of the retailers. Mattel knows in the long run they'll need WM, Target, TRU to keep the line going more than online etailers hence wave 14 being a WM exc, Wave 15 possibly a Target exclusive, the flood of WM 2 packs.

I know it may have been said already but I forgot but. When dose this wave come out is it like in the summer time or what. The way my Wal-Mart is right now with them I may not see them at all. I be going to Wal-Mart either Tomorrow or Thursday and I'm going to see who they still have there right now.

Sometime this summer--nothing more specific than that.

Hmmm yeah it was mentioned in the real wave 14 thread a while back. It does not bother me, as wave 10 was massively easy for most of us to find. I said most, I know some of you did not find them easily.

Draven

find them? hahahahahahahahahaaaaa!@loll@ I didn't find them at all. I'm so far behind on DCUC, after wave 7 my three walmart's don't carry them. And I've only seen vigilante and black atom at target. I don't have any thing from 9,10,11,or 12, @cry@and I'm sure there's more people in the same huge boat err(Ark?)!!What magical land do you speak of, where DC Universe Classics are easy to find. cuase we dont have none of them DCUC's here in the real world. But I sure would like that place.:D But to the topic. Lucky I'm only wanting Obsidian and Zatana. watch them get all of them in stock minus those.@haha@

Draven

"...wave 10 was massively easy for most of us to find..."

I think that's a highly dubious assertion. It was easy for SOME. MOST? No way.

For example, I had the amazing good fortune to find a complete set of WAVE 5 the very first time I actually left the house to find them. Based on that experience, I could easily say WAVE 5 was easy.

Draven

For example, I had the amazing good fortune to find a complete set of WAVE 5 the very first time I actually left the house to find them. Based on that experience, I could easily say WAVE 5 was easy.

I don't think anyone is saying Wave 10 was easy to find based on ONE experience. In my experience, I ran into full sets of Wave 10 probably 20 times. When I say full sets, I mean a FULL set, including Man-Bat. So, from that experience, I would definately say Wave 10 was easy to find for most. When Wave 5 was at Wal Marts, it was not insanely hard to find. Now it is obviously, but when it was released, you could check Wal Marts here and there during that entire time and put together a set. Definately not EASY, but not extremely hard. Now it would be though, just because you never see Wave 5 at any Wal Marts anymore, except for a random Riddler every once in a while.

you can't call either wave 5 or wave 10 easy to find because it is always a toss up. I managed to get 4 sets of wave 5 at retail which was produced much less than wave 10 but couldn't find a full set of wave 10 to save my life, I had to go order the rest from ebay. Its a toss up, so I say avoid them at all cost because one mans gain is anothers loss, the only good thing was that wave 10 was made plentiful enough that some scalpers choked on them and the price dropped significantly

• Like 2

Just look at the general concenious around the net on all the big boards, fwoosh, here, etc and it was a easier wave to find, 10 that is. Just because some could not find it, does not dispute the fact that many more did and in large numbers than they did wave 5. Myself included.

Draven

Draven: The word you're looking for is "consensus". :P

Any way you cut it, no wave in this line has been easy to get by any stretch of the imagination. Although that could just be Northeast Ohio blowing ass as it's prone to doing so often. @grumpy@

Wave 5 was the worst though, only one Wal Mart carried it and every time I went there it was nothing but Riddlers warming the pegs. All I ever wanted was Amazo. :\

Draven: The word you're looking for is "consensus". tongue.gif

Any way you cut it, no wave in this line has been easy to get by any stretch of the imagination. Although that could just be Northeast Ohio blowing ass as it's prone to doing so often. 893Grumpy-thumb.gif

Wave 5 was the worst though, only one Wal Mart carried it and every time I went there it was nothing but Riddlers warming the pegs. All I ever wanted was Amazo. :\

In the end you are right, that is why I avoid retail at all cost. I order online and avoid the hassle. I would almost never go to Walmart if not for exclusives, i have no daily need to go to Walmart and Target except for exclusive figures.

The whole situation is busted.

• Like 1

Whats funny is that Wave 11 and 12 have only been sold at Wal Mart so far, and not Target or Toys R Us. Wave 11 was on Matty, but as far as retail goes, they both have only been seen at Wal Marts. I guess Toys R Us and Target will get them sometime or another, but so far they are both pretty much like Wal Mart exclusives. I have even heard that Matty will not have Wave 12 for sale like they did Wave 11.

I still think we should help each other with this wave or any other wave, by splitting cases and etc. form a more effective network to look out for everyone old and new members. I have noticed that if you put up requests for stuff in the trade section most of the time it falls on deaf ears and mixed in with gi joe and other figure lines,

Draven

I don't think anyone is saying Wave 10 was easy to find based on ONE experience. In my experience, I ran into full sets of Wave 10 probably 20 times. When I say full sets, I mean a FULL set, including Man-Bat. So, from that experience, I would definately say Wave 10 was easy to find for most. When Wave 5 was at Wal Marts, it was not insanely hard to find. Now it is obviously, but when it was released, you could check Wal Marts here and there during that entire time and put together a set. Definately not EASY, but not extremely hard. Now it would be though, just because you never see Wave 5 at any Wal Marts anymore, except for a random Riddler every once in a while.

you can't call either wave 5 or wave 10 easy to find because it is always a toss up. I managed to get 4 sets of wave 5 at retail which was produced much less than wave 10 but couldn't find a full set of wave 10 to save my life, I had to go order the rest from ebay. Its a toss up, so I say avoid them at all cost because one mans gain is anothers loss, the only good thing was that wave 10 was made plentiful enough that some scalpers choked on them and the price dropped significantly

I feel safe in saying, in my area at least, wave 10 was infinitely easier to find than wave 5. I found the entire set of wave 10 the 1st time I spotted any of them, and found the full set together in one place, at least 4 more times. Wave 5? I have never, to this day, ever seen any of wave 5 in person, much less had a chance to buy any of them.

Whats funny is that Wave 11 and 12 have only been sold at Wal Mart so far, and not Target or Toys R Us. Wave 11 was on Matty, but as far as retail goes, they both have only been seen at Wal Marts. I guess Toys R Us and Target will get them sometime or another, but so far they are both pretty much like Wal Mart exclusives. I have even heard that Matty will not have Wave 12 for sale like they did Wave 11.

matty put up on their site wave 12 will be available next month.

matty put up on their site wave 12 will be available next month.

Thank God!

This line is a disaster at retail.

Target is choking on Cyborgs, Captain Marvels, and other remnants of Waves 4,6, and 7. ToysRUs seems to have only Captain Cold. Walmart... if your local store carries the line at all... seems to be the only retailer that remains fairly up to date with its releases.

I'm turning strictly to Matty from now on.

• Like 1

My biggest fear is, the one Walmart that I saw Wave 10 is choking on them. I spoke to the manager of the toy department and mentioned that wave 14 was going to be Walmart Exclusive and he said that he still had about 10 cases of wave 10 in the back and they were not moving very quickly at all. So I hope the computer doesn't kick DCUC out of the system because they have so many in stock.