Wave 14

MasterJailer

Booooo, give Kamandi the stand, let me avoid him at all costs!!! Well if this the Wal Mart wave, then perhaps I might be forced to avoid him anyhow!!! @smilepunch@

Oh and if this the Wal Mart wave for 2010, then it might be Wave 15?? If so, we might still see Wave 14 at Toy Fair???

No apprently the article with the pics says wave 14 is due in the summer, so it appears WM is just getting a wave sooner than the last 2 years. That and I also think Mattel did not want Raven the fans choice in a exclusive wave. As far as what is show at the show, I had heard 2 waves, but I don't know if they meant wave 13 and 14 or 14 and 15. Guess we will find out soon.

Draven

Wow, a really great wave! Zatanna's tits are lovely! I hope her hat is removable(with a little peg or something to plug into her hair so it won't fall off), but even if it's not, I'm very excited to get such a great figure of my favorite super-heroine.

Alan looks great! I actually rather like the DC Direct First Appearance version with the soft goods cape, but this one look much better.

Gold is great, Obsidian is really cool, Hourman is good, Kamandi is surprisingly good, and Ultra-Humanite is badass. Such a great sneer!

Tyr is definitely the weakest part of the wave(is his penis-arm articulated at all?), but not an awful figure.

I don't mind it being Wal-Mart exclusive, I've seen more of Wave 10 than any other so far, and the prices for it on Ebay look to be around retail or lower.

I really wonder if they'll show anything new at Toy Fair, though...they gave us a picture of Joker at last year's, didn't they? So even if they only have Waves 13 and 14 there, hopefully we'll see a pic of Martian Manhunter or somebody else coming later this year.

• Like 1

The pics are up at the Fwoosh and AFI now, I think everyone can stop sending them to each other tongue.gif

http://i719.photobuc...in18/photo2.jpg

http://i719.photobuc...in18/photo3.jpg

http://i719.photobuc...in18/photo5.jpg

http://i719.photobuc...lin18/photo.jpg

thanks for providing useful information and/or links so we really can see to even discuss.

High Points:

Anyway, Obsidian is fluckin awesome, I even love the hands they are using for him, he is the true winner of the wave and will attract non DC fans.

Alan Scott, man this is the year of Green and I love it.

Tyr, I happen to like Tyr and I like anything Super Powers related, like anyone slightly obscure, people tend to hate them

Looooow Points:

Kamandi SUCKS, a terrible figure, and pretty useless in normal DC, he might as well be a Vertigo character

Zatanna, I prefer the outfit with the cape, the magician outfit is pretty lame to me but its iconic, so I really don't mind too much

Exclusive Wave, never, ever feeling that AT ALL!!!!

• Like 1

Kamandi SUCKS

Oh that's his name? I thought it was Tobias from Arrested Development wearing a wig.

Tobias-arrested-development-2392416-320-525.jpg

The other figures look amazing. Tobias, I mean, Kamandi will DEFINITELY be custom fodder.

1. Arrested Development is one of my top four favorite TV shows of all time -

Arrested Development, The Office, News Radio and the Simpsons

and Tobias is by far the funniest on that show!!!

2. Kamandi is altogether terrible, I am no customizer so my hats are off to anyone who can take his lame butt and make something better. Of all the figures thus far he is the only one I don't like AT ALL.

Well, I run against the tide here a bit: I think Kammandi is awesome. I guess it just takes having some association to the character and the stories he was in.

Its a great looking sculpt of what COULD have been a very fey look.

Zatanna, on the other hand, I could care less about. Never liked her costume, never liked her powers ( casts magic by speaking backwards???)--she just came across as lame to me.

I dig the C&C here, Ultra-Humanite was one of the visual characters that just grabbed me as a kid--super-powered apes......awesome.

Tyr...a must have to complete and modernized Super-Powers themed collection.

Hourman is kind of interesting, but the rest do not interest me much at all.

• Like 1

They made a smart move not giving Kamandi the stand!!!! LOL! What on earth made them think we would want him is beyond me?? Give us a Reverse Flash instead of that POS!!!

he is totally awful, its a shirtless boy with nasty cut off jeans in a stupid future world and tailored hair. There were a bunch of fans from various sites claiming they want him and for what reason I haven't a clue, he doesn't even really fit into regular DC continuity. He was part of the reason I created the post about what characters DON'T DESERVE PLASTIC and he was one of them!!!!

• Like 2

I like the fact that they gave us Kamandi. I enjoyed his stories when I was a kid and I very much enjoyed his feature in the wednesday weekly last year. Plus it gives me hope that we will see other non mainstream universe characters like Jonah Hex (my current number 1 want, come on mattel), Amathyst, Swamp thing, Gi Robot, Creature Commando's, Warlord and Captain Carrot (super long shot but hey, he is cooler than killer moth). It doesnt always have to be mainstream characters, I like when they throw us a weird character once in a while.

Only bummer with this wave is its a Wally exclusive. No way will I ever see the entire wave here, so its either ebay or begging on the boards, what a pain in the ass. I swear these wally exclusives make me want to quit this line sometimes.

WWWWWHHHHHAAATTTT!!!!!!!?????? WAL-MART WAVE AGAIN!!!!! Doesn´t Mattel know we´ve all had had a very HARD time trying to find wave 5 and 10 now this!?!?!?

PLEASEEE!!!! Use Matty Collector to sell these!!!!!!

• Like 1

hohoho, is it christmas allready? i know zatanna and green lantern and humanoide and that was it. anyway they look so good. i love this line. it seems that this kamandi has a lot of trouble being liked around here. i hate him too. i am in a need of a conduit figure and this modern tarzan gets a figure treatment before him. still happy for those who wanna have him. he is a good looking figure. like all the others. dont realy like the yellow on zatanna, easy repaint so it doesnt bother. cant wait for humanoide. dont know the metal men. i googled them and i like the theme of it. gold looks realy great and in a way i realy want him and this other metal dude from wave 12 now@loll@ dont remember his name right now@loll@ it will be cool to learn about the others in time. dcuc is the best line out there. well with motuc. thanks mattel for this. way to go.

I think it is safe to say Martian Manhunter will be coming soon. Those who have been lucky enough to find Wave 12 will notice that there are some characters who have not had figures released yet:

Blue Beetle

Ultra Humanite

Martian Manhunter

Vixen

Zatanna

Blue Beetle will be in the next wave and this post confirms Ultra Humanite and Zatanna. Hopefully, that means Martian Manhunter and Vixen will be following soon.

Just so we're all clear, last Q & A Mattel made it clear that not all the characters featured on the new packaging are in the works.

Yes, Martian Manhunter is a given, Vixen is as likely as anyone else, but as far as who's in the pipeline the picture dosen't mean a thing.

I can't find the good 'plain' image of the packaging, but arent MM and Vixen the only ones left that haven't/aren't being made? I'd say thats pretty indicative that in that Q&A they were just trying to avoid spoiling future announcements.

Martian Manhunter should be wave 16, according to Chip (afi/fwoosh)'s "indsider info", which only leaves Vixen....Bets she's in 15 or 16 too.

cardback75.jpg

This one:

332b79c.jpg

or this one @loll@ :

33aauyx.jpg

• Like 1

I like the fact that they gave us Kamandi. I enjoyed his stories when I was a kid and I very much enjoyed his feature in the wednesday weekly last year. Plus it gives me hope that we will see other non mainstream universe characters like Jonah Hex (my current number 1 want, come on mattel), Amathyst, Swamp thing, Gi Robot, Creature Commando's, Warlord and Captain Carrot (super long shot but hey, he is cooler than killer moth). It doesnt always have to be mainstream characters, I like when they throw us a weird character once in a while.

Only bummer with this wave is its a Wally exclusive. No way will I ever see the entire wave here, so its either ebay or begging on the boards, what a pain in the ass. I swear these wally exclusives make me want to quit this line sometimes.

Exactly! For those of you who don't think we should be getting a Kamandi, just shut up! @smilepunch@ Seriously no one has the right to say he should not be made, why because some do like him. Why begrudge someone else getting a character they like. Myself I personally am digging him because of my childhood connection. I applaud the 4H for making him!

Draven

Yes, Kamandi in Wednesday Comics was awesome. I actually really like the figure, I wasn't expecting a lot but I think they did a really good job on him.

A Jonah Hex figure would be epic. He's got a movie coming, so I'm optimistic about the chances of seeing him in DCUC.

Swamp Thing is, unfortunately, off limits.