Wave 14

MasterJailer

This is the first ever Kamandi figure! And the first ever in this size for Obsidian, Tyr, Gold, and Ultra-Humanite! This is an awesome wave and I can't wait! I'm looking forward to whatever comes next from DCUC. Now that we (will) have Alan and Obsidian, can we hope for Jade in the future???

UPDATE!

From Veebee at Fwoosh:

I just got word from Toy Guru - this is, in fact, the 2010 Wal-Mart wave and there will be NO variants.

I knew it! I thought this wave was a little too ecclectic for mass retail.

So Mattel won't be showing a "general release" wave at TF? That's kinda messed up.

Just when they start doin' alright....

how is this wave any more ecclectic then wave 12? or even the giganta wave? tho i will cede that those 2 waves bafs were higher on most peoples lists.

UPDATE!

From Veebee at Fwoosh:

I just got word from Toy Guru - this is, in fact, the 2010 Wal-Mart wave and there will be NO variants.

Oof! This really hurts!

I know by many accounts the distribution on these Walmart waves has reportedly improved but all I ever saw of Wave 10 was ONE LONE POWER GIRL which I picked up. In my area, there's only ONE Walmart that carries DCUC and I've been watching it closely. Most of the time it's two or three DCUC pegs sit empty. The put out what must've been a case or two of Wave 10 and blew them out in a couple of days except for that Power Girl. The pegs sat empty for another week until I saw a Flash and a Shark, the remnants of Wave 11. Those pegs now continue to sit empty. That was it for Wave 10 in my area.

With the exception of Kamandi ...although I'm going to want his C&C piece... this whole wave is a must for me. It's just too bad that like Wave 10, I'm never going to see them.

• Like 1

1. Green Lantern: It's Alan Scott and after many, many misfires by DC Direct, it's finally a PERFECT Alan Scott...

The JSA Alex Ross version was a "misfire"??

Yep. I'm not a fan of DCD's Ross figures.

They were too limited in their articulation and like many other figures, the bulky, hard cape immediately pushes it into the statue category. DCD's FIRST Alan Scott wasn't bad but it too was ruined by it's stiff-as-a-board cape. I wish Mattel adopted the soft plastic of the Kirby Mantis' underarm webbing for their capes, but as they are, their capes are right at the edge of acceptable stiffness. I'm looking forward to this Alan Scott.

• Like 1

I have to apologize to all the folks who pm'ed me asking for the Toy Fare pics. I tried to send out as many as I could but I really got too many requests to keep up with. I was also unable to supply a link as I don't have these figures posted anywhere. I could only send them to folks who sent me an e-mail address.

• Like 1

If this is the next Wal Mart wave, where's Batman or Superman??? @hmmm@ I hope Kamandi has the stand, then I can avoid him at all costs!!! Please, please, please give Kamandi the stand!!

no 2 b a ##$%$#, but who is kamandi. thanks for the pics D

Np man! I really had no clue about him, then it hit me that I had an old comic issue of his as a young kid that was one of my older brothers! I never knew it was a DC comic @loll@ So I kinda am interested in him for that reason now!

Draven

If this is the next Wal Mart wave, where's Batman or Superman??? @hmmm@ I hope Kamandi has the stand, then I can avoid him at all costs!!! Please, please, please give Kamandi the stand!!

The stand will be Tyr, sorry! @smilepunch@ Umm I was wondering the same thing, I have a hard time believing WM would take these without a BIG gun. But the source is a good source.

Draven

Booooo, give Kamandi the stand, let me avoid him at all costs!!! Well if this the Wal Mart wave, then perhaps I might be forced to avoid him anyhow!!! @smilepunch@

Oh and if this the Wal Mart wave for 2010, then it might be Wave 15?? If so, we might still see Wave 14 at Toy Fair???

I think they made wave 14 the WM exclusive because Raven is the Fan Choice in wave 15 and I don't think they wanted to put the fan choice winner in an exclusive wave. I am kinda surprised that for this wave's Super Powers character was Tyr rather than Batman-friendly Dick Grayson Robin.

I think they made wave 14 the WM exclusive because Raven is the Fan Choice in wave 15 and I don't think they wanted to put the fan choice winner in an exclusive wave. I am kinda surprised that for this wave's Super Powers character was Tyr rather than Batman-friendly Dick Grayson Robin.

Now THAT would've been the big gun figure.

Come to think of it, Wave 5 didn't have any "big guns". I think it's safe to believe this being a WM wave.

Now THAT would've been the big gun figure.

Come to think of it, Wave 5 didn't have any "big guns". I think it's safe to believe this being a WM wave.

The Riddler was bit of a big gun

I don't really mind this being a Wally-Wave at all. I found Wave 10 fairly easily, no reason to think this will be any different.

The only thing I might be worried about is that Wal-Mart might cut the order for 14 since I've heard about wave 10 pegwarming in certain areas along with the 5 pack. They might conclude they over ordered and go back at least somewhat to a more conservative amount.

The only issue I have is with Matty going to ToyFare with only this wave announced to be shown.

They did it last year with only showing wave 9. We didn't get wave 10 or 11 until SDCC.

I think it is safe to say Martian Manhunter will be coming soon. Those who have been lucky enough to find Wave 12 will notice that there are some characters who have not had figures released yet:

Blue Beetle

Ultra Humanite

Martian Manhunter

Vixen

Zatanna

Blue Beetle will be in the next wave and this post confirms Ultra Humanite and Zatanna. Hopefully, that means Martian Manhunter and Vixen will be following soon.

I think it is safe to say Martian Manhunter will be coming soon. Those who have been lucky enough to find Wave 12 will notice that there are some characters who have not had figures released yet:

Blue Beetle

Ultra Humanite

Martian Manhunter

Vixen

Zatanna

Blue Beetle will be in the next wave and this post confirms Ultra Humanite and Zatanna. Hopefully, that means Martian Manhunter and Vixen will be following soon.

Just so we're all clear, last Q & A Mattel made it clear that not all the characters featured on the new packaging are in the works.

Yes, Martian Manhunter is a given, Vixen is as likely as anyone else, but as far as who's in the pipeline the picture dosen't mean a thing.

I can't find the good 'plain' image of the packaging, but arent MM and Vixen the only ones left that haven't/aren't being made? I'd say thats pretty indicative that in that Q&A they were just trying to avoid spoiling future announcements.

Martian Manhunter should be wave 16, according to Chip (afi/fwoosh)'s "indsider info", which only leaves Vixen....Bets she's in 15 or 16 too.

• Like 1