Wave 14

MasterJailer

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up. The new issue of Toy Fare is out and it contains pics of the now official DCUC Wave 14. Once again, those sage Walmart lists have proven prophetic and in this case, it's GREAT news!

Here's what we're looking at...

1. Green Lantern: It's Alan Scott and after many, many misfires by DC Direct, it's finally a PERFECT Alan Scott... at least from the pic accompanying the article. He looks to be a young Alan and comes with a golden age style lantern.

2. Obsidian: This is one of my all time favorite DC designs and the figure looks great. I expect some to find fault with his coloring. He looks to be blue and black rather than grey and black but it doesn't bother me. He also appears to be smiling, but if that's really the case, it also doesn't bother me.

3. Hourman: This is the Golden Age Hourman rather than the modern version. I prefer Rex to Rick and he also looks perfect.

4. Gold: The Four Horsemen really hit a homer with Iron and it looks like they do it again with gold. He's AMAZING!

5. Kamandi: Let me say up front, I'm not a big Kamandi fan. I don't hate the character but I just have no interest in this character as a figure. With his denim cut offs, long blond locks, tool belt, and work boots, he looks like the ultimate homo-erotic fantasy. This is definitely fifteen bucks for the C&C piece.

6. Zatana: We're getting the classic magician's outfit with Black Canary fishnets. I'm guessing she'll also have the BC articulation but it didn't bother me on BC so it won't bother me here. She looks great. She appears to have a wand. I'm not sure if it's removable or not.

7. Tyr: That Super Powers line up is another figure closer to completion. If you've been waiting for a Tyr, you won't be disappointed by this guy.

C&C: Ultra-Humanite: This is another of those C&C figures like Kilowog and Grundy that screams perfection. I don't know if he's reusing the Grodd limb, but I don't care. This guy looks great.

This looks to be one of the strongest waves yet. My prediction is that we'll see these figures at Toy Fair next week. A lot of people have been predicting that we'll see the next two waves. My guess is we'll see the figures for Wave 13 and 14 and that's it. Maybe we'll see those Walmart two packs and if they've got another five pack in the works, we'll see that, but I'm not expecting too much from this show.

• Like 4

Did you get the issue early, or are you going off someone elses info? Just curious cause I wanna see scans :D

I don't know how a friend got his issue early, but he sent me scans of his issue.

The pics look nice. It's hard to read the article because the text is so small.

There are also pics of a DC Direct wave of Superman figures with a modern Mon-El (in his recent faux Superman suit), Kal-El in Kryptonian uniform, Superwoman, and a modern hulking, Brainiac.

• Like 3

They look great, Ultra Humanite is my fave...looks to re-use Grodd's arms though.

I'm glad the scans went through okay. I thought those gorilla arms looked familiar but I'm okay with them. I guess we'll see those arms again if we ever get a Monsieur Mallah C&C. That's okay though. I like a little consistency among my DC apes.

By the way, this TF issue also featured pics of an upcoming DC Direct Superman wave including a Kryptonian uniformed Kal-El, Superwoman, modern Brainiac, and modern Mon-El in his current Superman uniform.

Also featured were upcoming JLU figures and some Marvel Universe figures.

• Like 3

They look great, Ultra Humanite is my fave...looks to re-use Grodd's arms though.

I'm glad the scans went through okay. I thought those gorilla arms looked familiar but I'm okay with them. I guess we'll see those arms again if we ever get a Monsieur Mallah C&C. That's okay though. I like a little consistency among my DC apes.

By the way, this TF issue also featured pics of an upcoming DC Direct Superman wave including a Kryptonian uniformed Kal-El, Superwoman, modern Brainiac, and modern Mon-El in his current Superman uniform.

jailer you got my pm?

jailer you got my pm?

Yep. I sent them to both e-mails. Please let us know what you think.

• Like 3

Sent you a PM, MasterJailer....hoping Zatanna looks awesome!

I just sent you the pics, Raven. I really like Zatanna. I would've been happy with either this version or the Perez version as long as they turned out this nice.

Please let us know what you think of the pics!

• Like 3

Awesome news! Can't wait 'til Wednesday!

Yeah, definitely dying to see pictures of this wave.

Sounds very good the only one I will get thou will be Alan Scott and Tyr. I always wanted the Super Powers one but I could never fine him. Infact the last series they had I never found any of them a friend of mine gave me Mr. Freeze so it wasn't to bad of a series for me 1 out of 8 I think it was is better then none from them.