MATTY, PLAY SETS + VEHICLES, NOW!

retailsdead

I just want this to happen. It 's probably not "affordable", but, with Battle Cat coming out, it got me to thinking about DCUC and how sweet this could be. I would buy these whatever the price. PLEASE, MAKE THESE MATTY!

1- Brainiac's Skull Ship, 2- The Batmobile, 3- Tower of Darkness, 4- Superman's Fortress of Solitude, 5- Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet, (Nah, just kidding, NO ONE WANTS THAT!)

Besides finishing off the Super Powers unmade figures for DCUC, (come on Martian Manhunter), here's some more that would be great.

1- Vandal Savage (CNC), 2- Felix Faust, 3- Toyman, 4- S.T.R.I.P.E. (CNC), 5- ROCKET RED (CNC), 6- GUY GARDNER, (Warrior variant), 7- Maxwell Lord and Oberon 2 pack, 8- Jason Todd Robin and Joker 2 pack with crowbar, (too much?), 9- Can we get some Legionaires, maybe? So what if they're from the future, it's still DC. We'll get a TYR, so, why not some LOS?

Last request instead of resculpting Doomsday and Bane, really the worst of these is Mongul. We NEED a new MONGUL CNC, about the same size as the Kilowog CNC. Okay, done.

Do you really want to pay $100+ for a 1/12th scale vehicle? And one that's no better made than a mass-retail item ( re: minimal detail, few features etc.)?

Don't kid yourself, until DCUC gets more retailer support vehicles will not happen, and there's no way in hell MattyCollector gets enough consumer orders to justify a vehicle.

Do you really want to pay $100+ for a 1/12th scale vehicle? And one that's no better made than a mass-retail item ( re: minimal detail, few features etc.)?

Don't kid yourself, until DCUC gets more retailer support vehicles will not happen, and there's no way in hell MattyCollector gets enough consumer orders to justify a vehicle.

Is a $100.00 a lot of money? We drop that without blinking an eye to buy some waves.

Not to worry though, you're probably right ... sigh. Still, you gotta admit it would be sweet.

I would love a few play sets and/or vehicles;

1. JSA or JLA meeting table with chairs

2. Batcave computer with chair; sorta a slice of the whole cave

3. Batmobile (obviously)

4. giant seahorse for Aquaman to ride (like in the Superfriends opening montage)

5. Bat Wing

6. Arrow car (Batman Brave and the Bold style)

7. Nightbird

8. Legion of Doom meeting room

I think we'd most likely get these as SDCC exclusives or as Matty exclusives. I don't really see a major retailer taking a chance on something like a table or a seahorse. The Batmobile probably. I'm not sure how well the Bat Pod did at Target but that could be a good gauge of how good chances are. The only issue I see with any sort of vehicle is that these figures were not made with the possibility to sit down. The stiff cape would prevent Batman and Robin from really getting into a Batmobile. The same thing with any kind of chair. The Batmobile would either need ingenious tooling or wind up being packaged with a soft or cloth Caped Crusader. This drives the price up a little too which makes the Batmobile a con exclusive again. In any case, we can keep asking and Mattel can keep saying no. I don't think the line is as popular as it needs to be in order to warrant these sadly.

Is a $100.00 a lot of money?

Are you serious?

Well, obviously $100 is a decent sum of money for the average person. But I suspect he means in the scheme of toy collecting. With large scale vehicles like the AT-TE, Turbo Tank, or the up coming AT-AT in the Star Wars line for $100 or a large Millennium Falcon that came out a few years back at $150 price point.

And with DCUC waves running at seven figures (or more depending on variants) a wave at $15 a pop, which gets around $115 after tax, large sums of money can easily be reached in this hobby. $100 isn't an overly large sum of money in comparison to everything out. But like ARROW said, they will be mass produced items that will have "play features" and still be toys - not collector pieces. And it's been a long time since either Mattel or Hasbro though play sets would be a good idea. Aside from items like the GI Joe mobile HQ from the recent movie (and it's been clearanced across the board) play sets aren't really an option any longer.

And vehicles are more likely to be seen in the 1:18th scale before the 1:12th scale. I would love to display my figures with back ground pieces or vehicles, but unfortunately I see it as more of a pipe dream. At best a mattycollector.com, SDCC, or big box retailer exclusive, but that would drive the price up as well.

None of the caped figures released so far are able to sit in anything.

That aside, I wouldn't spend money on playsets or vehicles. I'm happy just to get good well-made, nicely sculpted figures. If anything, I'd go for some more accessories to be included with the figures such as...

1. Kryptonite for Superman

2. Batarangs for the Batman Family

3. More green constructs for all Green Lanterns

4. Lanterns for all Green Lanterns

5. Weapons and ray guns for bad guys like Luthor and Brainiac.

6. A phantom zone projector for Superman or better yet, some future General Zod figure!

7. A shrunken city of Kandor for a future Supergirl figure.

I would love a few play sets and/or vehicles;

1. JSA or JLA meeting table with chairs

2. Batcave computer with chair; sorta a slice of the whole cave

3. Batmobile (obviously)

4. giant seahorse for Aquaman to ride (like in the Superfriends opening montage)

5. Bat Wing

6. Arrow car (Batman Brave and the Bold style)

7. Nightbird

8. Legion of Doom meeting room

I think we'd most likely get these as SDCC exclusives or as Matty exclusives. I don't really see a major retailer taking a chance on something like a table or a seahorse. The Batmobile probably. I'm not sure how well the Bat Pod did at Target but that could be a good gauge of how good chances are. The only issue I see with any sort of vehicle is that these figures were not made with the possibility to sit down. The stiff cape would prevent Batman and Robin from really getting into a Batmobile. The same thing with any kind of chair. The Batmobile would either need ingenious tooling or wind up being packaged with a soft or cloth Caped Crusader. This drives the price up a little too which makes the Batmobile a con exclusive again. In any case, we can keep asking and Mattel can keep saying no. I don't think the line is as popular as it needs to be in order to warrant these sadly.

Yeah, I always thought the seahorse would be a nice addition to Aquaman and the Bat Wing.

That aside, I wouldn't spend money on playsets or vehicles. I'm happy just to get good well-made, nicely sculpted figures. If anything, I'd go for some more accessories to be included with the figures such as...

6. A phantom zone projector for Superman or better yet, some future General Zod figure!

Yes! Now, we're talking!

I could go for DCUC Vehicles, especially in the case of characters like Batman or Blue Beetle whose rides are a huge part of their character. There is, however, an even bigger problem than "pricing out."

In case you haven't noticed, for all their articulation, a lot of these guys can't even sit down.

Are you serious?

You forgot to balance that out with the next sentence that you omitted, "We drop that without blinking an eye to buy some waves."

Are you serious?

Well, obviously $100 is a decent sum of money for the average person. But I suspect he means in the scheme of toy collecting. With large scale vehicles like the AT-TE, Turbo Tank, or the up coming AT-AT in the Star Wars line for $100 or a large Millennium Falcon that came out a few years back at $150 price point.

And with DCUC waves running at seven figures (or more depending on variants) a wave at $15 a pop, which gets around $115 after tax, large sums of money can easily be reached in this hobby. $100 isn't an overly large sum of money in comparison to everything out. But like ARROW said, they will be mass produced items that will have "play features" and still be toys - not collector pieces. And it's been a long time since either Mattel or Hasbro though play sets would be a good idea. Aside from items like the GI Joe mobile HQ from the recent movie (and it's been clearanced across the board) play sets aren't really an option any longer.

And vehicles are more likely to be seen in the 1:18th scale before the 1:12th scale. I would love to display my figures with back ground pieces or vehicles, but unfortunately I see it as more of a pipe dream. At best a mattycollector.com, SDCC, or big box retailer exclusive, but that would drive the price up as well.

You are correct! Thanks for understanding/support! This is a pipe dream and I thought I made this clear, this is just what I want and would like to see as a fan and to see what other fans would like to see happen. You know, fun? Anybody? But, seriously Battle Cat is only going to be $30.00 for MOTUC this month, and I only used $100.00 because that # was brought up by somebody else who wanted to squash the play set idea/ vehicles. Maybe, this somebody was hurt by a vehicle or play set as a child, I dunno. But, don't you think we could get a Batmobile for around 50 or 75 bucks? Is that too much in the grand scheme of things in this crazy hobby? I don't think so.

I like most of these, but if you want Kryptonite, I could sell you some.

If any vehicle is made, it should be a Batmobile. I like the Bat cave idea too. Maybe as a C&C style pack in.

Brainiac.jpg